It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Berlin Wall 20 years gone (High Quality Pictures)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The Berlin Wall 20 years gone....lots of emotions in these pictures and thanks again to Boston.com for supplying them.

My personal favourites are the ones you can click on for before and 20 years laters...

Enjoy....

Berlin Wall Pictures courtesy of Boston.com

[edit on 13/11/2009 by booda]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing. I live in Berlin but couldn't make it to the celebrations on Monday, i wish i would have been there!

It really makes me sad when i hear people saying that some Berliners regret the fall of the wall, i never met anyone that did and i don't believe anyone in their right minds could wish for the wall to still be standing, dividing a city, a nation and symbolically, the whole world.

There are parts in Berlin where the place the wall used to stand is marked by a line of cobblestone in the pavement. I love riding my bike on that line, swinging from side to side going "east, west, east, west" in my head

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Excellent pictures! I like #8, where the guy stretches out his hand to shake with the East German border patrolmen, who refuse. It really captures what they must've been feeling when the wall came down. And the one where people are sitting on the wall like some horse. Thanks for the pics!

[edit on 13-11-2009 by fleetlord]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

yeah -I actually saw a picture of that in the link I sent......Its just mind boggling when you think of what happened back in those days....

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The east germans back then, know that there really is not any free place in society, just that the west is all controlled by the herd master.

Its a shame the the best film ever made, i.e rocky 4, that symbolised so much of that stuff, never moved on. In teh real world, the world cannot live together, but we must have masters who think they have to rule us.

[edit on 11/13/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Oh i didn't notice at first that you can click on the pictures to see a "before and after" comparison.

I actually thought a few times of going through the city with the camera to make a montage of the places where the wall used to stand... If only i could find pictures of the same places before '89.

new topics

top topics

join