It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Creator - Who?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Okay, here's how they know dark matters real. According to laws of gravity the more mass something has in the universe the faster it will move, right? Well we've that all of the galaxies in the universe don't have enough mass to account for how fast they're going. So either there's a lot of invisible matter (dark matter) in these galaxies or what we know about gravity is wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

I don't remember anything about gravity and the more mass an object has, the faster it moves. If anything, things with less mass move faster. Do you mean the more mass it has, the more "force" it exerts?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I HAVE ONLY ONE THING TO SAY TO YOU..

"A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in God." Francis Bacon

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Well, if you knew anything, you would know the person you quoted got the two mixed up.

The faster you go, the more energy you have, and that makes mass more or less.

Educate youself

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Your logic is all wrong: it isn't up to any of us to prove he doesn't exist, it's up to you to prove he does, in fact, exist. Your question is akin to me proving that the invisible pink unicorn doesn't exist.

Now, as to your questions about abiogenesis, obviously science doesn't have every evidence, but if I may refer to a once brilliant astronomer:

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence." But if you prefer to equate what we don't know to a paradoxical creator, then that is your prerogative.

A more humble answer would be: I don't know.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by DisappearCompletely]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

So either there's a lot of invisible matter (dark matter) in these galaxies or what we know about gravity is wrong.

It may be the latter ????

what we know about gravity is wrong

There is more to it.... That is of what we know (which is very little)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by saima

wow. what a meaningful contribution. we can quote people all day and that wont get us anywhere.

also.
you seem to be wrong with it.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
Francis Bacon
www.brainyquote.com...
it doesnt say that thinking leads one to being religious. it says in depth philosophy leads to thinking about religion.

so way to fail at quote mining and being useful for discussion in this thread.
congrats on promoting ignorance instead of denying it.
but quotes (and misquotes) wont get us anywhere

nosred. i know that dark matter is predicted because of all of the gravity that is there that isnt supposed to be. im just trying to express that...dark matter is a complete mystery. us knowing about it is the product of needing a reason to explain all of the gravity. proving it would probably be difficult its effects can be detected, but dark matter cannot be detected directly. however, if you DO have a reason for this as you stated earlier, im all ears.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well, here's my take on all this. God of this universe is a 6th grade student. In a really advanced private school, probably in Yasbeth, or, who knows, maybe Boobaloom. Anyway, this kid had to build a project for the science fair. So he created all that we see and wonder about. Now, mind you, oh, if he doesn't win first place, well, his project, us, will be put in a closest. And, if his mother gets tired of his cluttered closet, she will soon toss us out in the trash. Now if you want to know where the creator of this science student came from and how it, the creater, came about, then just refer to his older sister, who won first prize in her 6th grade science class project and was sent to state for finals. Anymore than that? Your guess is as good as mine, or even better.........or worse.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DisappearCompletely

How about DNA evidence?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by K-Raz

So you're refering to relativistic mass? That has little to do with gravity. In fact, if you think you know so much, then explain how that and dark matter are related.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by np6888]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
this is another thread to waste time which is fun but doesn't get you anywhere. Asking a question like that is like trying to count the stars. you will get an infinite number of answers

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I don't know - why should anyone care if you believe in a creator or don't?

Your logic is flawed, however. You seem to be saying that the Universe couldn't exist - matter, stars, energy, etc. - unless someone or something created it. And true, I cannot imagine how something can exist, without something creating it. But we get into trouble almost immediately, because if the Universe required a creator, then where did this creator come from? Who or what created the creator? Some super-creator? Then who or what created the super-creator?

The minute you require a creator, you begin an infinite regress. There is no reason to stop at a single creator. In fact, if existence *requires* a creator, then something has to create the creator. You can't get around it by saying, "Well, the creator always existed", because you can say the exact same thing about the Universe, without any creator.

As JBS Haldane said, "The Universe is not only queerer than we suppose; it is queerer than we *can* suppose".

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Einstein said, which has never been recorded but according to eduard einstein god is light and he travels at lightspeed which is why he can be evrywhere at all times and see everything and hear everything he created everything based on mathmatical and scientific properties ofcoarse the reason scientist cant figure that out or understand that is because god made humans only able to use a small portion of their brain some dont even use that obviously. he did that because if we were to intilligent we would find a way to destroy the whole universe, like were already doing to earth. Most highly intilligent people feel they are never wrong and don't have an open mind so they come up with theories on how everything they cant explain got their. Also everything im saying is backed up by nothing but its fun to come up with theories its only bad when we try to spread are theories as facts.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The earth was hit by a major comet and instead of the earth being blown to pieces it spawned life theirfore in this theory the earth is strong enough to be hit by comets and instead of exploding it creates life also this means are creator must be a giant comet.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Something can come from nothing(of course, we still need to define what something is, for all we know, it may still be nothing.) If we were to assume that the universe came from nothing, then one would still expect everything to be chaotic. At the very least, all the atoms would go on their merry ways, instead of "curving space" around themselves and then come together. That just can't be a "natural" process.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
To the OP. Who created your creator?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

After reading around a little bit, it appears that the non-existence of dark matter would falsify Newton's definition of gravity. In which case, I ask, what's the problem? To me, Newton's gravity and Einstein's can't co-exist.

Now I know that Newton's theory of gravity has been used to build rockets. However, the force could just be the force between the energy and the curved space, and Newton's equation just happens to give the same number.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Anyway, dark matter is defined as something that exerts a gravitational force, but not the nuclear or the electromagnetic force. Well, what I've learned about the term gravitational force(field) is that it basically means to exist within space-(time)(for example, matter is defined as something that has mass and occupies space, mass is defined as "something" that exerts a gravitational field. In other words, in order for "something"(energy, which could be said to be nothing) to become "something more solid"(matter), it has to exert this force and occupies space.

Now energy itself doesn't occupy space, therefore, in order for it to exist and qualify as matter, it has to exert this force, by curving the space around it around itself. When it does, it now "becomes" matter(when in fact, it's still just energy "mixed" with space) and "occupies" space. In other words, energy turning into matter is basically energy that exists outside of space-(time) turning into energy that exists within space-(time), by exerting a force to space.

Essentially, the gravitational force or "curved space-time" force is the "default" force, in order for any type of energy to exist within space-(time). Since it doesn't interact with the other three forces, this must mean that either its structure is entirely different, or that it exists simply as (dark) energy, providing the force(or "mass," remember, mass can basically be defined as energy that exerts a gravitational force) for the galaxies by curving around itself, without needing to form any fundamental particles.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by np6888

newtons theory of gravity is highly flawed, but still extremely useful.
it works really well as a sort of rule of thumb for every day things, but once you start getting into the huge, the small, and other unusual things its inaccuracy become more and more glaring.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumbleStudent111
Einstein said, which has never been recorded but according to eduard einstein god is light and he travels at lightspeed which is why he can be evrywhere at all times and see everything and hear everything he created everything based on mathmatical and scientific properties ofcoarse the reason scientist cant figure that out or understand that is because god made humans only able to use a small portion of their brain some dont even use that obviously. he did that because if we were to intilligent we would find a way to destroy the whole universe, like were already doing to earth. Most highly intilligent people feel they are never wrong and don't have an open mind so they come up with theories on how everything they cant explain got their. Also everything im saying is backed up by nothing but its fun to come up with theories its only bad when we try to spread are theories as facts.

So what you're saying is that we should worship black holes since not even god can escape from them? And I'm sorry to break this to you, but light isn't everywhere at all times in the universe. You're are right about one thing, however, none of this is backed up by anything and hasn't even been thought through logically.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join