It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans more brainwashed than 'Americans'??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThraexX
well, did you want mister Harry Potter Balkenende instead??

I don't really know who were the candidates. Modern politics has become such an absurd theatre I'm no longer following it anymore.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
What's with the americans obsession with firearms? Sounds like they don't feel manly enough without a gun and as a defence mechanism they ridicule those who haven't even thought of having any firearms. We don't need them. They are legal here where I live but I don't know anybody who knows somebody who knows somebody who has a gun. Except teh police and military personel.

If anyone's brainwashed here then they are the american gun-nuts who brainwashed themselves into thinking that they must own a firearm.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
If anyone's brainwashed here then they are the american gun-nuts who brainwashed themselves into thinking that they must own a firearm.

Considering the US was founded after a violent revolution, they consider owning firearms a holy right. After all, when you make firearms illegal, you restict the people's options regarding revolutionary action.

I live in Europe, and I can agree with Americans on this issue. We need a revolution soon and for a revolution we need guns !

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PC equals Newspeak

Considering the US was founded after a violent revolution, they consider owning firearms a holy right. After all, when you make firearms illegal, you restict the people's options regarding revolutionary action.

I live in Europe, and I can agree with Americans on this issue. We need a revolution soon and for a revolution we need guns !

I disagree. We don't need guns. Guns only bring trouble.
There are other ways to make the politicians do what you want them to do. They depend on us.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

There are other ways to make the politicians do what you want them to do. They depend on us.

You speak with the naivity of a 15-year-old. Dream on !

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

You speak with the naivity of a 15-year-old. Dream on !

Everything happens here just like the majority of us wants it to. Where's the naivity in that?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Everything happens here just like the majority of us wants it to.

Where do you live? In my country (Belgium), the majority of the people vote the party they vote for due to a lack of any better alternative and many laws are implemented against the interests of the majority.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
we dont hate america! We are all in the same boat when it comes to propaganda. Altough most of us do hate your perpetual war on oil, oops terrorism.
But now europe is heading in the same direction. The way we here in ireland were forced to vote Twice on the lisbon treaty until Sarkozy got his yes was unconstitutional and has shown the world what europe is really about. It was absolutely disgusting the amount of fear mongering in the media, capitalising on the reccession to get put through even though the treaty is 8 years old and will have no impact on foreign investment. When the treaty goes through i will be a citizen of europe first and ireland second and i hate that.
If you read through the treaty you will see that it is mostly military based and calls for a unified european military force with the sole purpose on securing energy. expect europe to have its own oil war in the next ten years.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanoverFat
we dont hate america! We are all in the same boat when it comes to propaganda. Altough most of us do hate your perpetual war on oil, oops terrorism.

Touché

But now europe is heading in the same direction. The way we here in ireland were forced to vote Twice on the lisbon treaty until Sarkozy got his yes was unconstitutional and has shown the world what europe is really about.

Indeed. It's amazing how easily most people allow this to happen...

If you read through the treaty you will see that it is mostly military based and calls for a unified european military force with the sole purpose on securing energy. expect europe to have its own oil war in the next ten years.

Maybe the EU will replace the US as superpower after the current economic problems have lead to a collapse of the US economy.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
duble, remove plz

[edit on 20-11-2009 by ThraexX]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
duble, remove plz

[edit on 20-11-2009 by ThraexX]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Maybe the EU will replace the US as superpower after the current economic problems have lead to a collapse of the US economy.

If, that happens....i mean when that happens, the Eu's ecomomy will fail too.
on the other hand, if a US economy collapse will lead to a 2nd revolution there. The Eu can be the first to investe in rebuilding the country.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

A US economy collapse, means that the Eu's economy will collaps to

Probably, however the damage done to the EU will be smaller and easier to recover from.

If a collapse in the us will lead to a 2nd revolution.

Maybe.

Originally posted by ThraexXThen i think Europe will be the first to invest in rebuilding the country (witch will offcource stimulate our economy) But let's not look to far ahead.

That would be like the situation in 1945, but the other way around.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Probably, however the damage done to the EU will be smaller and easier to recover from.

sure hope your right..

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I live in the UK and to my total horror have just learned that my town is the first in the world ( i think ) to get free wifi. I feel that we are being experimented on. The whole town will be completely networked, i will be totally bombarded with RF waves etc, with no escape.
All the people i have spoken to think it`s great, it`s free!!!!

Please let me know your thoughts, and any health concerns as they say there are none. Is it right RF waves can be used to control the mind!!!?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
I live in the UK and to my total horror have just learned that my town is the first in the world ( i think ) to get free wifi. ... Is it right RF waves can be used to control the mind!!!?

There are plans for Manchester, UK to go completely wifi, and for free. also Manchester is the first city in t he UK to trial ID cards. these are new cards that contain various biometrics on them (retina, fingerprint, etc) which you can get voluntarily for 30 pounds.

there is not sufficient study on the effects of modulated radio waves on human brain in the region of 2.4-5ghz, other then biological effects (which can be bad, depends on usage). Satellite link signals operate in 9-12gzh region and have been with us for some time, but they are very weak. wifi is not strong enough to fry your tissue, but what other effects come out of it is unknown. It is not in their (gov,com) interests to finance the studies. gov just sold licences for that frequency, and cannot simply ban its use, com wants to make money, academia receives funds to develop new technologies based on these frequencies.

Personally I’d worry more about ubiquity of internet access and what it does to your freedom than frying your brains.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
I live in the UK and to my total horror have just learned that my town is the first in the world ( i think ) to get free wifi. I feel that we are being experimented on. The whole town will be completely networked, i will be totally bombarded with RF waves etc, with no escape.
All the people i have spoken to think it`s great, it`s free!!!!

Please let me know your thoughts, and any health concerns as they say there are none. Is it right RF waves can be used to control the mind!!!?

Happens here to, you can connect to WIFI in almost all public buildings, even the mc'donalds and in a percentage of the trains. havn't heard of a project on city-scale atm yet.

regards,

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

When in doubt and paranoid.. get guns and shoot a load of innocent people.

Sounds like it'd definitely work

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

Americans own guns for 4 reasons.

1.Self defense. This is the least common reason. The vast majority of Americans do not carry weapons on their person. While the open carry of handguns is legal in most places in the country, NOBODY open carries. Concealed handguns are preferred, and a license is required, and therefore less legal than open carry.

2. Hunting. More common than self defense. should be self explanatory.

3. Home defense. More common than the previous 2 reasons. Should be self explanatory, as well.

4. Protection against the government. The United States of America is ~ 300,000,000 strong. While a well armed police force could roll through almost any European city, that is absolutely NOT the case here in the US. Our distrust of government comes honest, and is only reinforced by picking up a history book. While there is no single citizen group large enough, or well armed enough to topple the government, the government is not large enough, or well armed enough to take by force its citizens if it were so foolish as to raise its hand to them. We keep our government in check. We allow ourselves to be governed, but as a people, we will NOT allow any government to become too powerful. We will NOT even allow YOUR government to become too powerful. In your ignorance, you make jokes about Americans being insecure, and say that we only need guns to feel more manly and adequate, but we feel that gun ownership is a God given, inalienable right, and ABSOLUTELY necessary to keep our government aware that WE are in control of this great nation. I feel sorry for you that you are so easily convinced by your government that you don't need protection from them. You say that that your country is "past that phase", but I say that you are an ignorant, trusting fool. I'm not sure which European country you are from, but which ever one it is, it was not that long ago when good American men were DYING to help protect the FREEDOM of YOUR people and country that you obviously enjoy today. While you may take this for granted, at least hold your tongue and show at least a small amount of respect for a nation that GAVE SO MUCH so that you may have the right to laugh at, and disrespect her people today. Good day.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pure_luck
reply to post by DGFenrir

Americans own guns for 4 reasons.

1.Self defense. ...

2. Hunting. ...

3. Home defense. ...

Fair enough

4. Protection against the government. The United States of America is ~ 300,000,000 strong. While a well armed police force could roll through almost any European city, that is absolutely NOT the case here in the US. ...

You just watch how easily it will happen. Unless people own tanks, machine guns, various gas mixes, and other gadgets you guys not going to be much of an issue if push comes to shove, however I hope you win, for all of our sake.

...We keep our government in check. We allow ourselves to be governed, but as a people, we will NOT allow any government to become too powerful.

way to go, nice controlling of your government. I especially liked the previous war in the Middle East. I also admire how your government stole the welth from around the world, apparently with the approval of its people. correction, it's not the goverment per se, but they are on the take anyway

In your ignorance, you make jokes about Americans being insecure, and say that we only need guns to feel more manly and adequate, but we feel that gun ownership is a God given, inalienable right, and ABSOLUTELY necessary to keep our government aware that WE are in control of this great nation.

Who jokes? I don't. We all feel insecure, and those who don't are distracted by shiny toys, lust of the flesh and other human vices. And once again, sadly neither you nor us are in control.

I feel sorry for you that you are so easily convinced by your government that you don't need protection from them. You say that that your country is "past that phase", but I say that you are an ignorant, trusting fool.

Yes, Europe by and large has past that phase, but in a different way. we still need protection from "them", but there are other methods. angry people with guns give governments an excuse to introduce a martial law and all the nice perks that come with it.

I'm not sure which European country you are from, but which ever one it is, it was not that long ago when good American men were DYING to help protect the FREEDOM of YOUR people and country that you obviously enjoy today.

I am sorry to shutter your delusions, but "FREEDOM of OUR people" is not why american people bravley died in Europe. And it's not the reason why good American and brave soldiers die today in other parts of the world. Besides, if you refer to WW2, you better check the history books and see people of which nation had the largest contribution to the war effort in terms of brave soldiers sacrificing their lives, and in terms of the longevity of involvment.

While you may take this for granted, at least hold your tongue and show at least a small amount of respect for a nation that GAVE SO MUCH so that you may have the right to laugh at, and disrespect her people today. Good day.

please see my comment above.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join