It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans more brainwashed than 'Americans'??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Yeah really every Scandinavian family has a treasured gun (in 6.5mm lol) and especially hang their rifle on their wall if it was a nazi-killer!

-BY THE WAY-
Handguns are more restrict because they are CONCEALABLE, that is the main point, it has nothing to do with deadliness. A guy walking down the street with a shotgun is obvious, guy with handgun can easily hide it and then blend in with a crowd. Makes it more dangerous *in civilian scenario*

In Norway you can apply for a special 'targeted person' application which is often for former politicians or former criminals or... people who were stalked. Then they can carry a concealed weapon (handgun).

Most of the Home Guard and emergency forces get to keep their automatic weapons at home for quick response, you were in conscript, I assume you did not get to keep your rifle though, reserve do not except on training ground I believe. I had an issue P80 at 'home' but it was subsidise housing then.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I am French. (I use Google translation, sorry) I suffered since I was born and still more recent years of brainwashing. It's right. For exemple I'll make a quick overview, too short but i try : Asking questions on September 11 or criticizing Israel war crimes, or criticizing the ultra liberalism... you are a terrible anti-Semitic. But we have dissenting ( subversive voices ) such as (Alain Soral (writer) Dieudonné Mbala Mbala (Comedian) among others.
Equality and reconciliation chaired by Alain Soral. (attacked by Zionist militia protected by the French police) sued ( attaqué en justice ? )
In France there is the CRIF (Representative Council of Jewish Institutions in France) is where the political decisions of the nation are decided. It is a mafia. Therefore Gouasmi Yahia, Soral Dieudonne and others have formed the anti Zionist list. Results "official" list of anti-Zionist in Ile-de-France: 1.30%
is at least 36 398 Zionist supporters in the Paris region in the European elections, despite the censorship, attacks from all sides.

"Exposing the Sicilian Mafia, not denounce the Sicilian.
We, we denounce the Zionist mafia in France
and we do not attack the Jews or the Israelis. "
Alain Soral.

All these people are openly opposed to the new world order, Zionism, then they are demonized, sued, attacked by militias.

I just want to share with you Americans what is happening in France, inform you of the state of things here. Here are the links that deal with the French news at an angle different that the brainwashing of the media. Muslims are demonized. Jews are fanatized to be zionists. And subversive person are taxed of anti semitic.
Sad reality. especially with Sarko

Links of subversion :

www.listeantisioniste.com...

www.egaliteetreconciliation.fr...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by frenchpoulbot

haven't the french condemned isreali actions in the UN lately?

anyone and everyone condemns isreal publicly, to say it's punished or stifled is absolute nonsense.

zionists don't seem to hide their goals or behavior, they seem very open in the promotion of their goals and so they're open to public attack or criticism.

the zionist conspiracy theories always end up telling us to "watch for the hidden zionist". they are almost always anti-semitic.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Mmmmm...I have to say that given the amount of information coming back from the EU membership, the OP was worthwhile...because I was under many of the same impresssions...at least now I know better.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by frenchpoulbot
Muslims are demonized.

I was under the impression that soon all of Europe will be completely subdued to sharia law. I'm confused now

And you think questioning 9/11 and Israel's actions will get you in trouble in Europe only, but not also in the USA? Yeah right.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This thread just goes to show how brainwashed americans really are

Before you start critizing us have a good look at your media

And nothing beats a solid dose of sport after watching your team win, good to get rid of the callories after a football game!

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I watch what happens. Dieudonné, Alain Soral and others were dragged through the mud, each propaganda operation in town they are attacked by militias, punished by justice fot each word spoken.. They are mocked, lynched in TV news. Lynched in the public square. I read everything, analyzed, viewed about them, I see no anti-Semitism underlying about Dieudonné, Gouasmi and Soral.

They want us to believe in France there is a hegemonic project of Islam ; it's propaganda power. Extremism is very low, very low in France. The crime in the suburbs is not the result of Islam. The system uses this fantasy of an Islamic threat in France. Bull#. I grew up, I live in the suburbs, young French-Arab Muslims have a dream : look like idols to Western. Arabo-muslims are consumers like all youth with a French cultural background certainly different.

I did not say that there is a hidden Zionist enemy. I'm just saying what I observe. The reality of blackmail antiSemitism, fascism, systematic lynching. It is always in one direction and never, never in another. It's strange. We must see the importance of demonization, they are dragged through the mud.

I will express no opinion. I inform you of the French reality that you can not know in detail.

I know that this reality is also tangible in USA

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
"Anyone and everyone condemns isreal publicly, to say it's punished or stifled is absolute nonsense. "

Nonsense ? Not here.

- Police arrested the bus from the anti Zionist list at the time of entry of the list, then was released after several hours motives "We have nothing tangible against them."

- There was a campaign of lynching, slanders, insults and ridiculize them in the press and media.

- Supporters of the list have been attacked by groups of masked, armed, wearing t-shirts and shouting to the glory of Israel. Police protected them.

- The militia attacked a bookstore or Soral sign his books, and injured several people, they threw acid in his face . Justice ? No.

- The militia attacked a theater before a spectacle of Dieudonne, they are wounded a French Moroccan girl 8 years old.

-Dieudonne can't do show, it can no longer do his job. The vast majority of the French support him.

They are all censored by the media.

This applies to anyone who wants to pass some doors.

When Dieudonne opens his mouth, it's a national scandal.
When an Arab Muslim is attacked, media silent.
When a young Zionist is insulted in street, it is a story of 10 minutes in the media.

When an Israeli missile kills a dozen civilians in Lebanon (2006) is 30 seconds of coverage.

When a Hezbollah rocket make 3 minor injuries, it's 10 minute lamentations coverage

etc, etc.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
About the famous lobby that does not exist.

While everyone recognizes the existence in France of a lobby Auvergnat of lemonade, a Corsican customs lobby, a lobby Savoyard chimney sweeps and passes the red Hotel Drouot ...

While Shamir boasts television to be able to fly the U.S. president by the American Zionist lobby in Congress ...

While the Jewish community of France has the tightest fabric of institutions, associations, foundations, cultural centers and research communities of all French communauties ... The periodic Marianne dares devote its cover to ridicule the very idea of a French Zionist lobby.

Why??
Because, unlike the U.S. Constitution, which authorizes the lobbying community, they are prohibited by the French Constitution which recognizes only the defense of general interest in a republic one and indivisible.

For those who did not understand the reasoning: there is no Zionist Lobby in France , it is forbidden!!!

A Soral

They are fun our media. They see the danger of hegemonic Islam everywhere while strictly nothing happening in France, but they see no Zionist lobby because it's forbidden!

The French republic collapses, democracy is already dead under the weight of communitarianism. The atlanto-Zionist power wants a clash of civilizations. They want to bring the Israeli-Palestinian conflict into France. This does not work I hope. We must work towards national reconciliation.

There is no hegemonic muslim project in France.
Third generation o Muslims gentrified, young are like others young, consumers.

A single sentence characterizes the situation: "Two weights, two measures."
Al-ways.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Today, november 13th, I can find no danish media who mention the torture the detainees in Guatemala were subjected to, in their coverage of the New York trial

The New York times do:

Key 9/11 Suspect to Be Tried in New York
www.nytimes.com...

"The decisions about how to prosecute Mr. Mohammed and Mr. Nashiri have been particularly difficult because their defense lawyers are expected to argue that they were illegally tortured by the Central Intelligence Agency during their confinement, tainting any evidence gathered from their interrogations.

So the danish are more brain washed. But its not sruprising, since we send many soldiers to Iraq and Afghanistan, and our biggest company Maersk.com earned a great deal on the wars... Its very apparent on the danish forums where I discussed 911. Some of the biggest JREF forum profiles are danish.

Also, the main stream media in Denmark always says "Al Quada" right after Taleban. I.e. : "the soldiers fought a lot of Taleban and Al Quada."

[edit on 13-11-2009 by conar]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'd absolutely love for you to explain to me how football hooliganism is a symptom of brainwashing.

I eagerly await your reply.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sometimes a short video clip can say so much. I imagine this is how most Europeans view of the American "News"

[edit on 13-11-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Lets not discuss European issues!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/355aee7cb40c.gif[/atsimg]

Those fat lazy militaristic warmongering stupid Americans are at it again! How dare they make generalizations about Europeans.

Americans don't realize we are fractured, I mean divided. No, I mean United. You don't understand we are being dragged kicking and screaming into the EU. It's all Americas fault! Help! There's a Bilderberg under my bed!

The fact of the matter is that every Country/Continent/City/Town/Hamlet/Social group/Family/Person have issues. Thanks for posting the thread. I love watching people fall all over themselves and squirm when their part of the world is put under the microscope and dissected.

It happens to the US all day everyday.

As far as firearms and crime...
We have fifty states and the crime rate varies from state to state. Remember, we have some states that are bigger than most European countries.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ahahaha.

The UK is more brainwashed than the USA? Sure, pull the other one.

How much of america is brainwashed from childhood to believe in 'god' (another debate i know, but still), it's an old brainwashing scheme that's finally dieing out in the UK, as far as i can see anyway. I know noone that attends church or is religious, and i believe give it another 100-200 years and it'll be gone from the UK, whereas America is very deeply routed with religion, mainly, i'd say because people pass it on generation by generation, (not all obviously) kids are brought up to believe in it. The way i see it, it's an old thing passed on through the years, via fear and organisation, (Vatican being a main one), if you didn't attend church there were consequences, if you didn't follow 'gods rules' you went to hell, yada yada..

The UK is very much not brainwashed as far as that goes. Of course there are still groups of religious folk, but compared to 100 years ago, the amount of religious people will have dropped dramatically.

I really do not understand america's obsession with guns either, and the 'right to bear arms' malarky. I will quite happily live my life without ever needing a gun. The argument always ends up the same but, why would you need one?

One answer is always "for protection". Right, but if gun carrying was illegal, you wouldn't need to carry again to protect yourself against other folk with guns. In the UK, unless you go to certain areas of London, Manchester, Liverpool (etc) very small minority areas, or to a farm, you'll pretty much not find anyone with a gun, and at worst, with a knife.. now, it's alot easier for a person to protect themselves against a person with a knife than it is against a person with a gun, no matter if you have a gun. If someone walks up behind you and pulls a gun to you and asks for cash you're stuck, you wouldn't be able to whip out your gun. If someone comes up behind you with a knife, you're still stuck, but theres a better chance you'd survive/fend off said attacker.

The gun law in America is too deeply rooted, and passed on to generations that it won't ever go, but trust me, i feel alot safer walking around the cities in the UK knowing that 9/10 times the worst i'd get pulled on me would be a knife, or a group of thugs with no weapons, compared to cities in America where any at least average person could be carrying a gun, nevermind thugs or groups.

I think the problem is, Americans will read what i've written there and come to the conclusion that i'm ANTI AMERICA or that i dislike americans. I don't, far from it, i've visited America, especially New York many times, and i love it, 8/10 people i met were very friendly, and i love the culture, the people etc.. i've even thought about moving to America in years previous, i just have problems with the gun law, and basically all religion (so i'm not just picking on america in that).

My main concern at the moment is the extreme islam folk in the UK who are hoping to turn the Palace into a Mosque and either make the queen Muslim or kick her out. I don't think they'll ever get anywhere, but i saw a protest a year before the 7/7 bombings in the UK where they were saying 7/7 is coming to the UK. Noone at the time had any idea what they were on about... but looking back is a different story.

I'd say these people are much more brainwashed than anyone, i'm not one for religion but damn it controls these muslims and extreme muslims lives, moreso for the latter.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Sometimes a short video clip can say so much. I imagine this is how most Europeans view of the American "News"

[edit on 13-11-2009 by woodwardjnr]

We have american news channels on our TV, we don't need some random documentary to tell us how to view them, we just watch them.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
reply to post by Chevalerous

Yeah really every Scandinavian family has a treasured gun (in 6.5mm lol) and especially hang their rifle on their wall if it was a nazi-killer!

-BY THE WAY-
Handguns are more restrict because they are CONCEALABLE, that is the main point, it has nothing to do with deadliness. A guy walking down the street with a shotgun is obvious, guy with handgun can easily hide it and then blend in with a crowd. Makes it more dangerous *in civilian scenario*

That by far is one of the dumbest things I have every heard of..... Handguns are easily conceable yes, but so our sawed off shotguns, M-4s, AK's with collasable stocks, ANY GUN can be conceled Tech-9s, Mac-10s, How much do you know about weapons? A handgun is dangerous but so are the rest, ESP when the can be collapsed and tuck them under a trenchcoat. Think about really think about it.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
A good summary of this thread;

American responds to stereotyping of his/her country by rolling out a bunch of unfounded cliches about the mythical entity known as "europeans".

I'm still thoroughly interested in finding out how football hooliganism fits into the thesis, though.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lister87

America doesn’t have its own church, (I.E. The church of England) we also don’t have separate courts of our religions. (I.E. Muslims and Shari law in England.) America isn’t deeply rooted in religion, we are rooted in GOD, big difference, Believing in a GOD doesn’t make you a whack job, not believing in a GOD doesn’t make you a whack job. So what’s your point?

As far as the UK not being brainwashed, I read in this thread you were all for bans of pocket knives, because kids were using them to attack other kids. (how is that not, brainwashing?) What will you do when Jackbooted thugs invaded your home illegally, have their way with your family? Go ahead and wait for your police? What a joke, You gave up your right to protect yourselves because the government said they can do it for you... I hope that works out for you.

Now you through out that same stupid line that the loony lefties here in America do, if guns are just made illegal there would be no crime... YAY happy happy joy joy thoughts... WRONG, Most people who commit crimes are criminals do you think that criminals give a damn about a no gun law? If they want a gun they will get them a gun, now you are defenseless against their guns.. Let’s take my home town Cincinnati, Ohio. We are now able to carry concealed weapons with a permit. Imagine to everyone’s surprise, the crime rate went down... Go figure huh..

I have been to the U.K I have walked around your streets, and trust me I would feel safer in South Central LA, compare to some parts of London, or should I say little Mecca. Hell Id stay the night in Detroit before I would there ever again. You keep your pocket knives, Ill keep my guns, and if you, the "nwo", the EU, "NAO", American government or its alphabet groups want to take said guns away, then come and get it.

There will be a time to disarm the world when we can finally live in peace, but today is not that day. So Ill keep my Guns, My god, my country, you can the change.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Lister87

America doesn’t have its own church, (I.E. The church of England) we also don’t have separate courts of our religions. (I.E. Muslims and Shari law in England.) America isn’t deeply rooted in religion, we are rooted in GOD, big difference, Believing in a GOD doesn’t make you a whack job, not believing in a GOD doesn’t make you a whack job. So what’s your point?

As far as the UK not being brainwashed, I read in this thread you were all for bans of pocket knives, because kids were using them to attack other kids. (how is that not, brainwashing?) What will you do when Jackbooted thugs invaded your home illegally, have their way with your family? Go ahead and wait for your police? What a joke, You gave up your right to protect yourselves because the government said they can do it for you... I hope that works out for you.

Now you through out that same stupid line that the loony lefties here in America do, if guns are just made illegal there would be no crime... YAY happy happy joy joy thoughts... WRONG, Most people who commit crimes are criminals do you think that criminals give a damn about a no gun law? If they want a gun they will get them a gun, now you are defenseless against their guns.. Let’s take my home town Cincinnati, Ohio. We are now able to carry concealed weapons with a permit. Imagine to everyone’s surprise, the crime rate went down... Go figure huh..

I have been to the U.K I have walked around your streets, and trust me I would feel safer in South Central LA, compare to some parts of London, or should I say little Mecca. Hell Id stay the night in Detroit before I would there ever again. You keep your pocket knives, Ill keep my guns, and if you, the "nwo", the EU, "NAO", American government or its alphabet groups want to take said guns away, then come and get it.

There will be a time to disarm the world when we can finally live in peace, but today is not that day. So Ill keep my Guns, My god, my country, you can the change.

Big difference? GOD is part of religion. Take away any sort of GOD and you have a cult, which basically is what religion is anyway, in my opinion, just not as severe.

The church of england started centuries ago, if it was not around now it wouldn't appear now, lets say that.

Where in this thread did i say i was FOR the ban of pocket knives? I never mentioned that at all, i think you read someone elses post mate.

I gave up the right to protect myself and my family from the evil in this world because the government told me they could do it for me? Hm, no.

We live in a society where you don't need guns to protect yourself, simple really.You'll debate that, but there we go.

OH HAPPY THOUGHTS!! I'm all for them. You mention if criminals are criminals they will get a gun anyway, gun law or not.. but, there is a MUCH bigger chance of them getting a gun in America if there is a law that allows them to have a gun, compared to one without.

If i wanted to, i'd have no idea where to get a gun in my local town/city. If i was brought up in America, i could easily apply for one at a legal age, and then have one, if i was ill-minded, a criminal or whatever, i could then use that gun..

Throw your stats around all you like about 'less crime' because you ARE allowed guns.

Wow, the guy with a gun is scared of the fact that everyone else has a gun. Go y'all!

You'd probably feel safer in L.A because you'd be allowed to carry a gun there, whereas when you were walking around here you may have felt slightly naked without it, worried about the big bad british man coming to mug you?! Or do you not carry a gun at all?

I have no idea what parts of London you were walking around but it wasn't the right ones. Every city has it's dodgy areas, heck i loved New York on all my previous visits, but i'd be stupid to visit some areas, same goes for London, Paris, Rome etc etc..

I love the gun debate, i really do. I could literally sit and argue with someone from America about it for the rest of my life, and get nowhere, yet i still join in.

It's stupid really. For example, our debate right here. You were brought up in a country where guns are allowed to be possessed, i wasn't, chances are if it was vice versa, you wouldn't be sat here, British, saying "we should be allowed to posses guns".

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Lister87]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

So, basically, you have come up with a reason why Europeans generally dislike Americans, decided that it sounds good, whether it is true or not and now you have decided to spread that around as an answer, as though are some authority on the matter.

The truth is, your "answer" is complete and utter nonsense, not to mention arrogant (one of the many American characteristics which rile Europeans)!
Trust me, people don't need their media to form a dislike of Americans. They can simply spend a little time on YouTube, reading posts by Americans to have an understanding of the American character.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by triplesod]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join