It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Saw 6 Blood Drive. The world has lost it!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There is a site on the net showing micky mouse's reptilian ties if you look hard enough.....dont mean its a disney film!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't see the problem with a promotion campaign that helps people... This is stupid...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
personally, I think it's hilarious, but I love horror movies anyway.
people made a horror movie, and are now giving bood drives some support, no harm done, t obviously gets attention.
If it had been some dull movie like The Piano, or a total crapfest like New Moon, I wouldn't even notice.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I quit at SAW 3. What the heck is the point of these movies anyway, although the blood drive thing is a good thing if it gets in volunteers to donate.
Why are people into this stuff?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
why are people into romantic comedies? what is the point in those movies? personally they make me want to take forks to both my eyes.

each to their own.

now giving blood, hel, if there were hot nurses taking the blood, i'd be first in line

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Gren]

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Gren]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

You know what, i liked the first saw movie just for the twist at the end but the rest of them are just sick movies for people who enjoy watching torture. However they are movies not real.

As for the blood drive, well you know what? We need blood! Thousands of people are saved by blood donations every day and anything we can do to get more blood into little bags to be shipped to hospitals has my full support. Well as long as the donations are consenting of course

I don't get how you're calling this immoral. They're using art (those photos were art despite what you think) to get people to do an amazing thing, to save someones life through a gift of blood.

I dunno i just don't understand your logic.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
I fully respect those who give blood. I think blood is something sacred. When your family is in need,then fine. But I don't think blood should be handed out left right and center. That's just my view, though and I understand that.

WHAT! Why should blood not be handed out left right and centre? Why should anyone be refused blood and have their life endangered? I get more and more confused with every response you post.

But when it's done in this way, with those 'nurses' in horror costumes made of needles, it's going a bit too far. And then it becomes fashion...and everyone follows. Do you get what I'm saying?

Not really, i know that comment wasn't directed at me but i felt like addressing it. I'm usually against people jumping on every fashion bandwagon because they are usually stupid wagons, lead by stupid people towards some meaningless, material goal. However this wagon will save many lives without hurting anyone. Well unless you count the dull ache that happens after you've had a needle stuck in your arm for half an hour.

Seriously if this were stopped because people like yourself consider it bad taste then i hope you are happy to accept that you have basically helped kill a load of people who needed blood.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I don't see the big deal here, if it gets people to donate who otherwise wouldn't what's the harm? Hell the only reason I even watched the second video was for the corset made of needles, I'm a fan of horror and the needle outfit was sexy, again big deal. I'll never understand why people get so worked up over things they find distasteful, if you don't like it move along, that's kind of what free speech is all about.

edit for grammar

[edit on 13-11-2009 by bigern]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

What ever happened to morals & respect?

Don't you know? Morality and Respect went out the window a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

go figure. Why so serious? Maybe you were foe'd because the person just didn't agree with your stances, and didn't want to insult you. You know, being the "bigger man", or what have you. *shrug*. Since when was donating blood such a big deal? My mother worked in a blood bank for years, I practically grew up in one because of that. The more people to donate, the better. They're just trying to get more people to donate. There's no evil intention. I don't often see those "BLOOD DRIVE" posters hanging around town that actually work. Usually its word of mouth, or something so significant, a person would remember it. Just a way of attracting a younger, fresher crowd that hopefully have different blood types gotta love misplaced priorities

You must have alot of foes if you foe everyone with a different oppinion than you.

To everyone else-
People are getting this so wrong.
All I'm saying is- Is this what it takes for people to donate blood? Is this what motivates people these days?

You guys can carry on, I'm done here...Talk about being Ignorant- you only see what you want to see. Not the big picture.

And to take my words and twist them is a tad childish. As I stated, I feel uncomfortable giving or recieving blood. I also stated, I do not judge the people that do.

But whatever- see what you want, think what you want!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Meh... I like the Saw movies, always have. I think its the raw brutality and realistic gore that makes it so attractive to its viewers.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

To everyone else-
People are getting this so wrong.
All I'm saying is- Is this what it takes for people to donate blood? Is this what motivates people these days?

It is one way of motivating people but you make it sound as if it's the only way. Thousands of people give blood every day, this is just one avenue of marketing to get more. If something good can come out of horrible films like Saw then why not take advantage of that?

And to take my words and twist them is a tad childish. As I stated, I feel uncomfortable giving or recieving blood. I also stated, I do not judge the people that do.

But whatever- see what you want, think what you want!

I don't really see where your words have been twisted. They seem to have been taken very literally. If you meant it in some other way i would suggest you didn't convey your ideas very well and that has lead to confusion.

So you don't like the idea of giving blood, well that is your view and i support your write to have it and voice it. Don't be shocked however when people dont agree with a view that would lead to the deaths of thousands if it were accepted mainstream. People rarely agree with such things.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

reply to post by staple

That's what each new generation does. Shock and aw their elders. Push the extreme, gross them out. I don't know how many Saw fans will see it but if it gets them to donate blood then good for them. Think of how many people out there in the world that could give blood but are scare needles or the sight of blood. Saw fans are neither.

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm not squeamish when it comes to needles. But I have a problem with giving and receiving blood...Others might think I'm selfish.
When it's my time to go, it's my time to go. I will not take blood, not even from a family member. And I will never donate blood...I just don't trust the hands it might land in.

You really are too uptight about this.
You're right, bloods important but not to that extent. You can't take it with you...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
On my last note to this thread I would just like to point this out.

This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join