It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Saw 6 Blood Drive. The world has lost it!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
And by 'it' I presume you mean 'sense of humor'?

This was done in jest, don't take it so seriously.

"Give, 'til it hurts"...

I don't think they could have spelled it out any better.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Should have known I would make some 'foe's' out of this... Talk about being 'uppity' & petty!

Hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
go figure.
Why so serious? Maybe you were foe'd because the person just didn't agree with your stances, and didn't want to insult you. You know, being the "bigger man", or what have you. *shrug*. Since when was donating blood such a big deal? My mother worked in a blood bank for years, I practically grew up in one because of that. The more people to donate, the better. They're just trying to get more people to donate. There's no evil intention. I don't often see those "BLOOD DRIVE" posters hanging around town that actually work. Usually its word of mouth, or something so significant, a person would remember it. Just a way of attracting a younger, fresher crowd that hopefully have different blood types

gotta love misplaced priorities.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Chiiru]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
i'm off topic but it's funny here in france we laugh a lot about saw6 when you say in french saw 6 it's sound "saucisse" meaning "sausage"

on topic it's just a movie for me, imagine all the writer spending there time surfing on internet they can read many subject, and naturaly you can find them in eatch movie,they catch the most popular subject and the write about it they know they will have all the attention, symbolisme is everywhere even on a bottel of coca cola !!! actualy there is 4 subject very trandy: alien, vampires,dooms day and secret society... you can read many subject about those theme..and also many movies and tv show.

even if we think the opposite we rule the world with our thought!!that's the reason why few people want that power!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

I do not get it. How is it horrible? They are promoting a life saving procedure to people who are fans of the series...and there are a lot of fans. Therefore, if they get 10% of the millions that see and love these films, then the red cross blood banks win and people get a second chance who may not have otherwise...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

But I have a problem with giving and receiving blood...Others might think I'm selfish.
When it's my time to go, it's my time to go. I will not take blood, not even from a family member. And I will never donate blood...I just don't trust the hands it might land in.

There it is! So, you started this post out of your own selfishness. I would not try to impose your views on other people. Let them think for themselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
To me it just looks like a way for them to promote the movie and use it to get people to donate blood. They use movies and celebrity crap like this all the time to get people to donate to something....case in point

These videos are worse! I want to adopt every animal I see when these come on and I always CRY!

The video with the photoshoot is amazing! I love art of all forms and that photo is amazing art!!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I also remember when "Angel:The Series" was going to be cancelled they had blood drives ALL over the US and in other countries to help try and keep the show ON tv! Well it didnt work
but I did donate blood and passed out shortly after.

I would donate now but I have had tattoos in the last year so I am not able to, they also told me I didnt really weigh enough to donate...hence the passing out I guess.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think it's a wonderful idea and ad campaign.

The Saw series have a huge fan base of people from all over the world.

Using the movie and character to promote a good cause that saves lives! Bit of a slap in the face to all those people that claim horror movies are nothing more than pure evil damnations that corrupt the viewers.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
I can see you're upset with how the film is marketing a blood drive - but in all honesty, they are not advocating murder, rape, violence or death in order for you to give blood.

They're playing on their genre context and working it in. I think it's clever

I'm firmly convinced that their "genre" has crossed the line in the sand, as morality goes. There are sick tendencies in us, and they cater to this in order to profit. I'm not the most squeamish person around, but I see their horrific material as catering to sadistic tendencies. They are not advocating it, they just exploit it. I'm not sure which is worse.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I saw saw 1, it was alright, saw 2 was disgusting, saw 3 was disturbing, and i ended that saga right away,

I usually enjoy horror films, but I don't need to see people be ripped apart or chopped up in that level of detaim. Anyone who enjoys it is sadistic and pathetic.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Awesome, have been waiting for this movie to come out...gonna' watch it !!! Thanx for the heads up.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101

Thing is, I'm not one for donating or receiving blood. I'm actually against it, just doesn't feel right to me.

I was twice in the situation where someone extremely close to me was in the hospital, between life and death, and their lives were saved by blood transfusions. How in the world is that not right? What could possibly be wrong with saving someone's life?

I get that you don't like horror movies and needles, but to jump from that to "the world has lost it"... I don't get it.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Wallachian]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Including me, Horror movies are fun but most these days are just gore and not scary but still fun to watch.

I think it's a good idea because people might start to think a simple pint of blood can save lives tie that into a relatively popular franchise and you get huge interest from that side of the community.

to OP
Don't get me wrong i do think Reptilians exist i've seen s**t thats unbelievable with reptilians but i highly doubt they are from space. I could swear to the Creators (a.k.a God) that i know a couple of reptilians their reactions when i talk about the race makes them look at me like a predator then they change the subject lol. They are good people inf act i'm in a relationship with one of the two i just spoke of and if she is reptilian she's the nicest one thats ever existed

Shes a big conspiracy nut like me aswell interested more in Aliens and UFO's(especially reptilians, she gets annoyed when people say they are baby eating monsters) than any other topics. Her dad freaks me out though he has a way of making his eye turn upside down and turning it red, pretty cool but creepy. I actually joked "why are you so defensive about the reptilian humanoids?" she replied "I guess i just emphasise with them..." strange answer i know

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I have to admit given the genre of the film, and the context of the advert-it in my opinion was a bit twisted. I have Leukaemia, and I have to be the first to say that it was a bit revolting.

I don't watch films like SAW, but just the previews on telly are enough to turn my stomach, so to think that they would associate a blood drive with a film like SAW wasn't necessary. I have opted out of any treatment now, or in the future. To think that this campaign would promote saving lives is saying basically that life is cheap.

I know my opinion won't count for much here, as we each have our own opinion to which we are entitled. However, finding out recently that I have Leukaemia and seeing an advert like this makes me glad that I have chose to opt out of any treatment. Also, to think that it takes a movie like SAW which promotes grisly death to spur a promotion to save life. It doesn't make much sense does it? Then again, there isn't much in this world that does make sense. I can understand where you are coming from, and I have to admit-the advert did make me cringe.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

unbelievable and more than likely satanic links if not more /hey why don't they just say. we want your blood?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
I refuse to watch horror films, and I suggest others follow my advice. It's bad for the soul.

I am with you on that, i never watch that rubbish and never will.

People like icke talk about enlightenment. I think the brain wave entrainment humans are going through is making them more apathetic. Icke is just making money and does not care, but the transition we are in, is just making humans even more vile then they where.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Im sorry........ I have been lurking on this site for many months and i think this post does more to discredit the genuine posts and theories than any!

It is clearly an advert..... using the bloody films to link to blood donation is a brilliant idea!!

If you have nothing better to do than link an inocent and productive initiative to reptilian overlords you need to spend some time outside your apartment and in the real world.

you sir are a discrediting this site

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
OMG people, here let me explain it for you loony toons.
Dracula and his blood knights need blood like you need food.
The american red cross as you will see with a simple google search was founded by Clara Barton. Barton is English for the hebrew word Lilith

There is lilith showing her reptilian ties.

Now that is why hebrews still do not to this day, drink blood.
Wow, i think im going to make a peter joseph style documentary now.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I would have to add in relation to the previous posters, that they are directly targeting the people who like these kinda movies since they obviously have no qualms about blood in the 1st place.

I think its a clever campaign, and one I hope turns out well, Blood is Sacred and thats even more of a reason to get as much of it as we can for the people who need it.

Edited to add, do a Google search on all the Illnesses and Diseases out there that would require additional blood transfusions, Now google how many car accidents and the ratio of them needed a blood transfusion, Get the Picture yet?

we are always in short demand of blood, not to mention the rare types.

Everything is not bad.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by 10001011]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join