It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the stars shall fall from the heavens...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm just curious how many of you are seeing what I have been seeing within the past year or so. I am seeing falling flecks of orange lights (like a shooting star) that appear always in the direction I look in the night sky. These shooting stars appear to be only several hundred feet above the ground and come light up only for a second or two.

These stars do not have the appearance of a normal falling star, they do not streak across the atmosphere in an arc. These things are coming down, 100's of feet away from me.

Tonight I got my best look at them. I live on the east coast and this storm is passing through. The clouds are all over the sky, but for a brief moment I could see the night sky. I saw two falling stars pass in front of the clouds in the distance. Both came down seconds apart.

Anyhow, if you are seeing these too.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Curiously while on this topic, it was this very night in 1830, I think, that 'the stars fell on alabama'. That was 30,000 estimated(how that was done Ive no idea)shooting stars per hour.

But more on topic, yes, Ive been noticing quite a few lately. Very brief and seemingly near.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It's odd that I should come upon a post like this tonight.

Just yesterday, I witnessed an extremely fast moving object fall towards the earth. Before I saw it, the sky completely lit up for a brief moment. It was impossible not to notice, as it was around 1:30 in the morning and everything was pitch black. Because of how close it was, the trail of fire behind it, and the angle at which it was falling, I worried it might have been a plane about to crash. But before I was given enough time to get a good look at it, it vanished as quickly as it appeared. To my surprise, there was no impact, no sound, nothing. It was just gone.

It could easily be completely unrelated, but I thought I'd throw it out there. It was one of the strangest things I've ever seen in my life.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by MadcapAeroplane]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I can say that I have seen more shooting stars in the night sky this past two years than ever before. Orange shooting stars that seem to start out lower and seem close have been the majority of this year for me. Unfortunately I live in a large light polluted city now and no doubt I am missing the best show money can buy. Even with just the "big ones" I get to witness, it is more than I have ever seen.

Camping in the back yard as a kid a long way from any big city, I looked up and seen a falling star that was unnaturally slow and close. I thought for a split second as I looked up that it was going to hit me. Then I thought that it would hit the ground and I might find it or get vaporized. Instant later it burnt up right before it would have hit. I still spent a few days combing the field it would have landed in. I have always loved the night sky but that incident has kept my eyes to the sky since.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I live in a small Colorado town, depending on the season the populous ranges from 10 to 20 k. We have an extremely clear view of the sky but I've seen nothing, though as the guy from Pi said "Light moves pretty quickly, if you don't stop and look around every now and then...you just might miss it".

So maybe i'm just not looking up enough, but I've only seen one or two shooting stars in my entire life.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
More orange shooting stars appearing recently. I wonder if I should be out coming the forest with a medal detector. These things are coming down nightly. The other night I witnessed a flaming orange shooting star so close I could see it break into two parts falling together with sparks coming off it, lasting about 3 seconds.

new topics

top topics

join