It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uh Oh! Counterfeit Condom Factory Discovered in China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Uh Oh! Counterfeit Condom Factory Discovered in China

www.tressugar.com

Condoms might top the list of things that should never be counterfeited. Unfortunately, there may be as many as one million ineffective knock-off condoms on the market in China right now

Authorities said they found "bare-chested" employees using vegetable oil to lubricate the condoms that they then packaged without any sterilization
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
LOL..... If you thought the only fake goods to come out of china were CD's DVD's and some dodgy paracetamol, then think again!!!

Even fake Condoms now!! The part about the bare chested workers and the vegetable oil is totally disgusting.

I wish id never read this article now cause the thoughts going through my head next time I use one might not be as nice as they should be!!! LOL

www.tressugar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
They were bare chested and slathered in vegetable oil ??? maybe they were trying them out before they packaged them !!!

safety first !

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Bare chested with vegetable oil...

Sounds like a good time to me! lol

Seriously though.

There's no shortage of great stories coming out of China tonight and like the rest of them, this one saddens me too.

To think some poor bastard is wearing one of them as we speak...
He may as well be going bareback.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
barechested asian men lubricating condoms with vegetable oil?

I wonder if they were tainted with lead too.

A little brain damage with your unplanned baby anyone?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
LOL Oh my god, some poor dude somewhere is being scammed into a lifetime of child support even though he thought he was protecting himself against it to the best of his ability - short of abstinence.

And the mental image about the workers in this 'factory'? Oh my god.

LOL

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Now I'm going to have to make sure condoms as well sis not made in China. They may not have ended up for export but China seems to have very crappy (or corrupt) safety regulations. Poisonous milk products that killed babies, lead painted toys, kids beads with traces of an '___' type drug (that one was never explained), honey with traces of urine and anti-biotics to mask disease to get past quarentine.

I'll add chinese condoms to the boycott list.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
LOL Oh my god, some poor dude somewhere is being scammed into a lifetime of child support even though he thought he was protecting himself against it to the best of his ability - short of abstinence.

..or some poor woman is going to end up with an unwanted pregnancy and possibly infected by stds.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
definitely a conspiracy by the reptilians to have us reproduce more so they have more humans to eat.

this isnt a conspiracy nor is it news worth mentioning on ats. if i wanted to see crap like this i would watch my local news.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Wait a minute, "bare chested" or bare chested, I don't get it.

If it's bare chested, and they're pretty women, I don't mind.

Don't buy Durex, huh?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I have always been worried about China - a country that cares nothing for humanity or animals.

China is becoming more powerful all the time.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The REAL trouble with China is yet to come, all these stories about fake goods , and inhuman practises will come and haunt them back one day.
One day they will be more powerful than they are today and then soon after the new stories of scams and fake goods no one will want to buy anything from China, not even a restaurant meal simply because its 'Chinese' out of spite.

Keep at it China and one day in the future you will not only be laughed at , but you will also be poor again from your own misdeeds as the rest of the world will not trust any goods you produce. or anyhting else you have to say.

The Chinese Government allows these scams and fake goods to go on but one day soon, China will be suffering .

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Yuck...I bet the bacteria from their hands will grow in the veg oil...sick.
Anyone remember the story from a while back about the chinese "recyclin"used condoms into hair bands?

inventorspot.com...

There's being green,and theres being....disgusting.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
So, the reason they have over a billion people in china is now exposed and understood. Too bad the chinese themselves never got it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

This story is scary enough to make someone outside of China paranoid. If you're freaked out, just make sure you never buy condoms labeled as "Jisson"

This had me giggling

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Yuck...I bet the bacteria from their hands will grow in the veg oil...sick.
Anyone remember the story from a while back about the chinese "recyclin"used condoms into hair bands?

inventorspot.com...

I actually got sent that as email spam and dismissed it as being a possible urban myth because I didn't think people could choose to be so disgusting.

Even if you were living out of a box in an alley eating roasted rats you still wouldn't say "hey there's a used condom I think I'll use it to make my hair pretty".

[edit on 13-11-2009 by riley]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Yeah,its the sort of story that the human brain WANTS to be an urban myth...its just too wrong.

Not sure how true it really is,don't really want to dwell on it!!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
From the OP's link:

This story is scary enough to make someone outside of China paranoid. If you're freaked out, just make sure you never buy condoms labeled as "Jisson, Durex. Rough Rider, Six Sense and Love Card.

I must admit, "discount" condoms is not something I would have considered, even when I was poor. Double-ditto for the condoms in the machines I used to see in truck stop bathrooms. ugh.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Ahh, thank god for Durex. A good old fashioned British company. No fear of dodgy Chines imports for me thanks!

[Edit for spellnig]

[edit on 13-11-2009 by nik1halo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join