It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Sin* The Moon God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Unfortunately, reading the Quran isn't going to answer any questions. Since the Quran was written long after many of the books of the Old Testament, it's not a reliable contrast to the bible.

What is provable, though, is that Sin (Suen) was a Moon God worshiped by idolaters in ancient times. Sin (and later Il-Ilah) was a deity that was in direct opposition to Yaweh. Gabriel, the angel, proclaimed the birth of the Son of God in the bible... but he did not proclaim to anyone that Mohammed was God's prophet. Mohammed's commands were in direct opposition to the Jewish religion, thereby proving both its violence and wrongfulness.

It seems obvious to me that the Moon God Cult and the Jewish religion are ages old and have always been in opposition. This means that Allah is NOT the same as Yaweh. When the Islamic people tried to merge with the Jewish people, they were rejected. A good thing, too, because to join would mean that the Jewish religion would have been slowly snuffed out... and the Jews knew it. They were wise to the ways of Sin (Allah). Mohammed's goal was the change the Moon God cult into something that would be accepted by all people and become the only religion. The commands to deals with those that did not accept it... meant death for anyone who would not submit. That, in itself, shows that the religion of Islam should NOT be accepted.

Of course, I'm not saying that all Muslims are evil. I'm saying the basis of the religion itself is evil and that's how it began. I have no doubts an entity appeared to Mohammed and claimed to be Gabriel. I'd say that entity was Satan. Mohammed, the child molester and pedophile, was no where close to being a true prophet. But the Satan, Lucifer, did a good job of creating a tool by which he could strike at the heart of Christianity.

The people of the Tribe of Dan are the primary original followers of Sin, and later Allah. Islam is the religion that Revelations refers to as the "Whore of Babylon."

Following that religion would be what Revelations refers to as accepting the "Mark of the Beast."

If you're Muslim and you think that none of this is true, you need to do your own background research. There is more evidence in this world to support the true nature of the bible. There is NO evidence to support the true nature of the Quran. I have yet to see any prophecies in the Quran come true.. plenty of biblican prophecies have.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

sorry to burst your bubble but please refer to a reliable sources before accusing another religion of worshiping something you think it does.

prophet Mohammed never told us to worship the moon GOD , that is false , correct your information please, you have been mislead , in Islam GOD ( Allah ) he who created the moon :

[6][96] (He is the) Cleaver of the daybreak. He has appointed the night for resting, and the sun and the moon for reckoning. Such is the measuring of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.

another one from the Quran:
[7][54] Indeed your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in Six Days, and then He rose over (Istawâ) the Throne (really in a manner that suits His Majesty). He brings the night as a cover over the day, seeking it rapidly, and (He created) the sun, the moon, the stars subjected to His Command. Surely, His is the Creation and Commandment. Blessed be Allâh, the Lord of the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists)!

another:
[10][5] It is He Who made the sun a shining thing and the moon as a light and measured out for it stages that you might know the number of years and the reckoning. Allâh did not create this but in truth. He explains the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) in detail for people who have knowledge.

again :
[13][2] Allâh is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that you can see. Then, He rose above (Istawâ) the Throne (really in a manner that suits His Majesty). He has subjected the sun and the moon (to continue going round), each running (its course) for a term appointed. He regulates all affairs; explaining the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) in detail, that you may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord.

[14][33] And He has made the sun and the moon, both constantly pursuing their courses, to be of service to you; and He has made the night and the day, to be of service to you.

[16][12] And He has subjected to you the night and the day, and the sun and the moon; and the stars are subjected by His Command. Surely, in this are proofs for people who understand.

[21][33] And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating.

so do i need to show you and others more ?

please before referring to another muslim religion hating sites , refer to the original book

edit on 15-9-2010 by Dr UAE because:edited to add that my replay was also to gazerstar regarding the moon God in Islam

edit on 15-9-2010 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE

please before referring to another muslim religion hating sites , refer to the original book

All you need to show is that the Quran is the word of God and not Muhammad's personal invention.

Why Quran should be believed in?
It is the book from Allah.
Who told you so?
Our prophet Muhammad.
Who told you Muhammad was a prophet?
Quran, which is the message from Allah.

This is just "Circular reasoning"; a formal logical fallacy.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
good post stargazer,

Lately I've been catching up too, and did run across the story of Sin as one of the last gods to interact with humans in ancient times. Researchers mention that in his later years, he "retired".

I did a little search and found that the moon and star symbology was adapted from the area around turkey, and that it's original meaning was lost somewhere in the past. I also found that not all Muslim sects recognize the moon and star as their symbol. You could compare to not all Christians like the cross, and prefer to use the fish symbol instead.

As for religions adapting bad deeds as "sin"............well it has crossed my mind as a long range smear tactic.

This is just a few things I've read about, and seen in person, so not stating it as a fact.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Khaaaaaan!! because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Rivyolie

In greek, it's hamartia in the abstract (he sinned, that is sinful) and hamartema in the concrete (that is a sin)

In latin, it is "culpa"

In Hebrew, it's complicated - there are several words in the Hebrew texts that have been translated as sin, the most common is ra'ah, "evil" or "bad" with implications of "contrary to god." The word is a cognate with the Arabic word, "haram", "unclean". Hebrew also has "het" which is more along the lines of "missing the mark, to err." In Aramaic the word is "hobha" meaning both "sin" and "debt"

"Sin" is a thoroughly Germanic word, inherited from the Old English synn, itself a derivative of an older Germanic root "sunjo"

Fox is right.

We tend to associate words we see with meanings developed in English. "Sin" is an approximation of what they would have said (the actual vowel may have been "sen" or "seyen" or "soon" or "son" or many other things because they didn't write down vowels back then.) And as Fox says, there are number of different words for sin.

It's very misleading to make comparisons for ancient concepts with "sounds like/written like" words in English.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Adda-guppi’, and yes she was a real priestess, this is one of my favorite stories, and Lord Sin returned from the moon, he was a God and I don't think this had anything to do with the act of sinning.

NABONIDUS HI, B

Col. I

1. I (am) the lady Adda-guppi’, mother
2. of Nabium-na’id, king of Babylon,
3. votaress of the gods Sin, Nin-gal, Nusku, and Sadarnunna, my deities
5. who, from my childhood, have sought after
6. their godheads. Whereas in the i6th year of Nabopolassar,
7. king of Babylon, Sin, king of the gods, with his city
8. and his temple was angry and went up to heaven-the city and
9. the people that (were) in it went to ruin.

10. (Now) forasmuch as the shrines of Sin, Nin-gal, Nusku,
11. and Sadarnunna I sought after and was worshipper of their godhead,
12. (and) that I laid hold on the hem of the robe of Sin, king of the gods, night and daytime
13. I had ever in mind his great godhead@aily, without ceaSing,
14. of Sin, gamag, Igtar, and Adda, so long as I am alive,
15. I (am) their votaress (both) in heaven and earth. My blesSings,
16. the goodly things which they gave me, I (too) by day, night, month, and year, gave (back) to them.
17. I laid hold on the hem of the robe of Sin, king of the gods, night and daytime
18. my two eyes were with him, in prayer and humility of face
19. was I bowed before them (and) thus (I prayed), " May thy return

notice this line

17. I laid hold on the hem of the robe of Sin, king of the gods, night and daytime

Matthew,
Just then a woman who had been suffering from chronic bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the tassel of his garment,

I always thought that was interesting.

edit on 113030p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There is more to this then meets the eye, years ago I found what may be a connection to the black meteorite that was worshiped in the temple of Cybele and that it was taken by conquering Arab armies.

it was a small dark sacred stone not formed into any iconographic image, that had fallen to the shrine of Pessinous from the sky."(Roller, In Search of God the Mother, p. 265).

Is That same black stone now in Mecca?

edit on 113030p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
You're not bursting my bubble. It's the bubble surrounding those who are blinded by the lies told by the Islam religion in its early development.

As for reliable resources, look into the history of Sin (Suen). BTW, it's a name not a word... the word sin does not come from Sin. But anyway...

It's a simple progressions. Suen was a Moon god, who's name translated to the Semetic Sin. He was represented by the Golden Calf with a crescent moon on top of his head. Amazingly, the Jews crafted a gold calf in the bible while Moses was on the mountain conferring with God. That's why Moses was so angry when he came down. They were worshiping Sin.

The worship of Sin was wide spread in the middle east. His name was eventually changed to IL-ILAH. Sound familiar? Look into Mohamed's family and what he was raised in believing. They were not Muslim... they could not have been because he was the founder, yes? But who did they (his family) worship? Il-Ilah, or Sin, the Moon God. He was raised in the faith of the Moon God cult.

According to Mohamed, there was only one god and that was Il-Ilah, the Moon God. Hm... Wait, isn't the crescent moon the symbol of Islam and on top of almost every Mosque? Strange but the crescent moon was also the symbol of the faith of Sin, the Moon God.

It's obvious that Mohamed established a religion based on the Moon Cult, killing off the other gods in the cult to disguise it as something akin to Judaism. In this way, he was able to attempt to create a religion that had the potential to lure others who had a similar (but not same) faith. Lure them into the lie.

Again, I am not saying all Muslims are bad. I'm saying the religion itself is a lie from the very beginning. It simply is NOT a religion of peace and it never was.

I have no intention of trying to change anyone religion. I'm stating facts, mingled with a small bit of my own conclusions. Fact, Mohamed was raised in the Cult of the Moon God. Fact: Moon God Cult used a crescent moon as a symbol. Fact: Mohamed used the same name for the god of his faith as the name for the god he was raised to believe in. Fact: Mohamed said that Allah commanded that everyone submit to Islam or die. Fact: Muslims attacked the Christians and killed as many of them as they could in North Africa without provocation.
My conclusion: Islam is a religion based in lies and was created with the intent of destroying any other religion in direct opposition (Judaism and Christianity).

You want resources? Look around.. study it. You can find numerous papers on it both in libraries and on the internet. The burden of proof lies on you not I.

Originally posted by Dr UAE

sorry to burst your bubble but please refer to a reliable sources before accusing another religion of worshiping something you think it does.

prophet Mohammed never told us to worship the moon GOD , that is false , correct your information please, you have been mislead , in Islam GOD ( Allah ) he who created the moon :

[6][96] (He is the) Cleaver of the daybreak. He has appointed the night for resting, and the sun and the moon for reckoning. Such is the measuring of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.

another one from the Quran:
[7][54] Indeed your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in Six Days, and then He rose over (Istawâ) the Throne (really in a manner that suits His Majesty). He brings the night as a cover over the day, seeking it rapidly, and (He created) the sun, the moon, the stars subjected to His Command. Surely, His is the Creation and Commandment. Blessed be Allâh, the Lord of the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists)!

another:
[10][5] It is He Who made the sun a shining thing and the moon as a light and measured out for it stages that you might know the number of years and the reckoning. Allâh did not create this but in truth. He explains the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) in detail for people who have knowledge.

again :
[13][2] Allâh is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that you can see. Then, He rose above (Istawâ) the Throne (really in a manner that suits His Majesty). He has subjected the sun and the moon (to continue going round), each running (its course) for a term appointed. He regulates all affairs; explaining the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) in detail, that you may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord.

[14][33] And He has made the sun and the moon, both constantly pursuing their courses, to be of service to you; and He has made the night and the day, to be of service to you.

[16][12] And He has subjected to you the night and the day, and the sun and the moon; and the stars are subjected by His Command. Surely, in this are proofs for people who understand.

[21][33] And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Dr UAE because:edited to add that my replay was also to gazerstar regarding the moon God in Islam

edit on 15-9-2010 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Messenger74

I've never heard of any reference of "Il-ilah" (if such a name existed for a deity in exclusion of YHWH) being "in opposition to the Jewish God", or related in any way to Sin (perhaps the followers of Sin referred to him as "il" or "ila" or "eloa", but then again, so did the Jews refer to YHWH as such. After all, it basically means "God"). This would be fairly odd, considering how even Jesus calls to "Ela" or "Eli" in the bible (אלי). It IS, however, very well documented how the name "Allah" is derived from the same root as the Hebrew term (they are cognates).

The tribal deity of Muhammad's family (or tribe, rather) was Hubal. Sin may have existed in the Ka'aba separate from Hubal (although I don't know), but Muhammad's tribe didn't worship anything by the name of "Sin". "Il-Ilah" means "the deity", and wasn't the name of any god in the Pre-islamic arabian pantheon. Every deity may have easily been referred to as "Il-ilah". "Allah", however was a distinct and unique from the moon god, or any other gods that existed in the ka'abah at that time.

reply to post by Ersatz

Dr UAE was using Islamic sources to explain how God in Islam is not what the previous poster was alleging. I fail to see how whether the Quran is the word of God or Muhammad's personal invention is relevant to this.

I think you misunderstood his post (or what Circular Reasoning is).

reply to post by Dr UAE

Hey UAE!
Pimping myself aside
, although I posted this link over a year ago in this very thread, I thought I may as well post it again:
The "Moon God" conspiracy
You can see Whammy's responses there as well, and though I don't know what his current views are, it seemed to end there with a simple "Jesus is Lord. Islam is an evil deception. Until you get that straight nothing else you believe much matters", so I'm not sure if he still agrees with this old post of his.

edit on 17-9-2010 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

The tribal deity of Muhammad's family (or tribe, rather) was Hubal. Sin may have existed in the Ka'aba separate from Hubal (although I don't know), but Muhammad's tribe didn't worship anything by the name of "Sin". "Il-Ilah" means "the deity", and wasn't the name of any god in the Pre-islamic arabian pantheon. Every deity may have easily been referred to as "Il-ilah". "Allah", however was a distinct and unique from the moon god, or any other gods that existed in the ka'abah at that time.

"Al Ilah" means "the God", and like El, Il, Eloa originated from the Sumerian God Enlil.

The name of Mohammed's father in Arabic is Abd Allah. His uncle's name Obred Allah.
Abd Allah means servant of God.

These names show Mohammed's families pagan roots, and also prove that Allah was part of a polytheistic system of worship.

Hubal was the top pagan moon god of the Kabah. The Arabs referred to "Hubal" as "Allah"
en.wikipedia.org...

The Quran verifies Allah's lunar or night-sky status: "Remember the name of our Lord morning and evening; in the night-time worship Him: praise Him all night long." (Q 76:26)
And at Q 2:189: "They question you about the phases of the moon. Say: 'They are seasons fixed for mankind and for the pilgrimage.'"

In his explanation of why the Quran swears by the moon in Surah 74:32, "Nay, verily by the Moon," Yusuf Alli comments, "The moon was worshiped as a deity in times of darkness."

Dr UAE was using Islamic sources to explain how God in Islam is not what the previous poster was alleging. I fail to see how whether the Quran is the word of God or Muhammad's personal invention is relevant to this.

I think you misunderstood his post (or what Circular Reasoning is).

I think it is you who has misunderstood what Dr UAE was saying; maybe he will come back and speak for himself.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Ersatz because: Spelling.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ersatz

I knew most of this already, and it was all accurate, until you came to the point "The Arabs referred to "Hubal" as "Allah"". Neither your link, nor any other verifiable source confirms such a thing. Instead, in (and out of) the Islamic sources, Hubal and Allah are seen to be 2 separate entities.

I don't see how "And celebrate the name of thy Lord morning and evening, And part of the night, prostrate thyself to Him; and glorify Him a long night through." (76:25-26) "confirms" Allah's lunar or night-sky status, as according to the text, muslims are instructed to worship him throughout the day. Seeing how muslims are clearly instructed in the Quran NOT to worship the moon, and have it's use mainly as a marker of time, I'm confused as to how you got this impression.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
You may continue to blind yourself if you wish. I understand your desire not to believe that what you thought you knew started off as a carefully developed lie.

The facts are the facts, however. The cult of the Moon God existed in Mecca long before Islam did. Mohamed was a member until he created Islam, which is so eerily just like the Moon God cult. Heck, even some of the practices are the same. The members of the Moon God Cult ran around Mecca 7 times then threw stones at "the devil."

Sound familiar?

Deceive yourself if you wish, but for the sake of your soul, do not deceive others.

Nothing you say here holds water. Remember, this is "Above Top Secret."

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I knew most of this already, and it was all accurate, until you came to the point "The Arabs referred to "Hubal" as "Allah"". Neither your link, nor any other verifiable source confirms such a thing. Instead, in (and out of) the Islamic sources, Hubal and Allah are seen to be 2 separate entities.

The second line from the Wikipedia link says:
"Hubal (Arabic: هبل‎) was a moon god worshipped in Arabia, notably at Mecca before the arrival of Islam."

I don't see how "And celebrate the name of thy Lord morning and evening, And part of the night, prostrate thyself to Him; and glorify Him a long night through." (76:25-26) "confirms" Allah's lunar or night-sky status, as according to the text, muslims are instructed to worship him throughout the day.

Of course you don't see, you are a Muslim.

You ignored this point:
The name of Mohammed's father in Arabic is Abd Allah. His uncle's name Obred Allah.
Abd Allah means servant of Allah .

Which Allah was Mohammed's father serving?

Seeing how muslims are clearly instructed in the Quran NOT to worship the moon, and have it's use mainly as a marker of time, I'm confused as to how you got this impression.

Nobody understand the instructions from your Holy Book, not even Muslims.

The point being discussed is not what Muslims worship NOW, the question is who Allah was
BEFORE Mohammed.

Wslm.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Seeing how muslims are clearly instructed in the Quran NOT to worship the moon, and have it's use mainly as a marker of time, I'm confused as to how you got this impression.

I never said that Muslims worship the "Moon." No one is saying that. What's being said, and proved, is that the Muslim god "Allah" was originally the god of the Moon God Cult.

There's a big difference.

Even in ancient times the cultists worshiped the god through a golden calf... not by looking up at the moon. And.. they faced Mecca. None of that has changed over the years.

Again, I'm not here to change your religion, no matter how much I wish and pray that everyone see the light. I'm stating facts for everyone else to see to make an attempt to get the truth out.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Hey Messenger!
I've actually looked into what I believe in a great amount of detail, so thanks. I use this wonderful thing called logic, and coupled with facts, it pretty nice how it divides everything into neat little categories like "nonsense" and "sense".

You'll excuse me if I don't take the word of someone who seems to think that "members of the Moon God Cult" ran around Mecca 7 times
. I'm sure you've done your research! And yup, it sure does sound familiar....I've been hearing it the same stuff since I joined here 6 years ago... people letting their pre-formed biases colour their perception of the facts, and therefore only picking up on stuff that agrees with what they agree with, and disagrees with what they disagree with. And then telling me I am wrong. Thank you for telling me that nothing I say here holds water. Your opinion of me is very important to me.

reply to post by Ersatz

Hey Ersatz! Salaam to your wasalaam. An ex-muslim? My mistake if that is not so. You must be fun to talk to
. Still, it seems odd to me that you don't know so much basic muslim stuff, then.

Originally posted by Ersatz

The second line from the Wikipedia link says:
"Hubal (Arabic: هبل‎) was a moon god worshipped in Arabia, notably at Mecca before the arrival of Islam."

That STILL is not claiming (or implying in the slightest) that Arabs referred to Hubal as Allah.

Of course you don't see, you are a Muslim.

You ignored this point:
Abd Allah means servant of Allah .

Which Allah was Mohammed's father serving?

As I mentioned to the previous poster, I don't let my preformed biases colour my perception of the facts. It is not that I don't see because I am a muslim, I am a muslim because I saw. It is odd, since you were a muslim, shouldn't you know all this basic stuff already? What exactly do you believe is the history of these events?

Do you think Arabs were all happy in their Hubal worship, and then Muhammad came and said "Oy, I know you all worship Hubal, so I'm suggesting we stop calling him Hubal, and only call him Allah, and worship him"- and then the Meccans are so totally against this, that they torture his followers, try every strategy to get him to recant, and finally drive him out of the city? That makes absolutely no sense.

As any muslim knows, Allah already existed as a unique deity in Pre-Islamic times. Detractors of Islam seem to go into a frenzy pointing out that Muhammad's father was named Abdullah, as if it is some sort of proof of the falsity of islam. BUT MUSLIMS ALREADY KNOW THAT ALLAH EXISTED IN PRE-ISLAMIC ARABIA: Certainly not as Hubal, who was unique from "Allah". Muhammad's job was never to introduce some new, foreign deity, it was to bring back the arabs to the worship of Allah, the one true God, without the trappings of all those extras like Hubal, or Wadd, etc. For the pre-islamic arabs, Allah was sort of like Brahman is for the hindus- Incorporeal, intangible, and may be the ultimate truth, but the lack of shiny things makes it boring, so they add minions.

Nobody understand the instructions from your Holy Book, not even Muslims.

It seems fairly simple to me, especially in regard to this topic. Perhaps you should try again?

edit on 17-9-2010 by babloyi because: Neatened stuff

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

and lord sin did return, and Adda-guppi's son was made King.

Man in the moon anyone?

just kiddin

33. in 95 years of the god Sin, king of the gods of heaven and earth,
34. (in) which I sought after the shrines of his great godhead,
35. (for) my good doings he looked upon me with a smile
36. he heard my prayers, he granted my saying, the wrath
37. of his heart calmed. Towards E-hul-hul the temple of Sin
38. which (is) in Harran, the abode of his heart’s delight, he was reconciled, he had
39. regard. Sin, king of the gods, looked upon me and

40. Nabu-na’id (my) only son, the issue of my womb, to the kingship

her funeral, people and rulers came from all over the known world to morn her,

books.google.com... =en&ei=O8CTTND7KY6enwe83LnRBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBYQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=Adda%20guppi%27s%20funeral&f=false

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, I'm thinking we have borrowed from one another since,
forever.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Using the kind of logics that have been expressed here, Christians worship Norse gods. The word God comes from Norse and was a title given to all deities, among them Odin and Thor. Just as little as Christians don't worship Odin and Thor when they use the word God to express the power and might the Christian God represents, and just as little as Christians worship Ba'al or Bel, which both means Lord, when they call upon their God, calling him Lord, just that little does a Muslim worship all allahs or eloahs or gods in this world, but Allah himself. Arb. Allah is the same word as Heb. Eloah, so get over it. It may be translated God, and like I said, the word God is of Norse origin and means deity. Allah is not a name. Elohim is not a name, they are proper words discribing the different aspects of the One God. Elohim means Forces [of the Universe]. Allah is singular as far as I know, skipping the plural intensive form we see in Hebrew, but the etymology of both words end in the same origin. Up through the ages, Eloah and Elohim has been used as general terms to discribe many different deities in Hebrew, just as Allah/allah in Arabic, and exactly like you would call Sin a god. So much for circular logics

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar

cont.

It is quirky that sin, which is related to the concept of moral abandoment, which implies an intense emotional state, is related to the 'mood' goddess, which symbolizes the power of the natural, emotional.

its also funny that the Hebrew letter shin, when a dagesh is placed on the left stick, is pronounced as 'sin' ie sin crouches to the left.

edit on 20-9-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Using the kind of logics that have been expressed here, Christians worship Norse gods. The word God comes from Norse and was a title given to all deities, among them Odin and Thor. Just as little as Christians don't worship Odin and Thor when they use the word God to express the power and might the Christian God represents, and just as little as Christians worship Ba'al or Bel, which both means Lord, when they call upon their God, calling him Lord, just that little does a Muslim worship all allahs or eloahs or gods in this world, but Allah himself. Arb. Allah is the same word as Heb. Eloah, so get over it. It may be translated God, and like I said, the word God is of Norse origin and means deity. Allah is not a name. Elohim is not a name, they are proper words discribing the different aspects of the One God. Elohim means Forces [of the Universe]. Allah is singular as far as I know, skipping the plural intensive form we see in Hebrew, but the etymology of both words end in the same origin. Up through the ages, Eloah and Elohim has been used as general terms to discribe many different deities in Hebrew, just as Allah/allah in Arabic, and exactly like you would call Sin a god. So much for circular logics

Actually, Elah is directly derived from Aramaic 'elah' like in Ezra and Daniel. But it is conceptually and etymologically ultimately derived from Heb. eloah, elohim, which in itself symbolizes G-d in the mode of judgement.

Its funny that Ishmael - father of islam , was born to Abraham at 86 - the gematria of Elohim, or its derivative Allah. Just shows you have the Torah says it all.. Everything is inside it. The spiritual history of mankind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join