It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Alex Jones deserve a Pulitzer Prize for investagative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
---journalism on vaccines and the vaccine industry. Remember pres. Obama was nominated just about 11 days after he took office for a Nobel Peace Prize. Doesn't Al Gore have some kind of a prize, too?

Go ahead, nominate, then give Alex Jones a Pulitzer Prize.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
If he could actually report on anything without exaggerating and cherry picking the evidence you might have a point. I really don't know what to think of Jones, I used to like him but after catching him "bending" the truth to fit his theory over and over again I can't take him seriously anymore.

That prize used to be for real journalism. I don't think that animal exists anymore.

A journalist reports the facts, period. They don't insert opinion and tell you how to interpret the story, just the cold, hard facts and let you figure out what it all means.

I don't see anyone in the media doing that but then again that's probably why it's called "media" now and not "the press". That powerful check and balance was lost a long, long time ago.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I find it hard to take him seriously with the exaggerated fear mongering tactics he employs. I wouldn't think he's worthy of any prize, but thats just my opinion!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

It would be far more suitable for Jones to be nominated for award that be given out to fiction writers . After all he is more or less a fictional author who operates under the guise of being a Conspiracy Theorist . At best I would describe Jones as being unreliable along with his news sources .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

It would be far more suitable for Jones to be nominated for award that be given out to fiction writers . After all he is more or less a fictional author who operates under the guise of being a Conspiracy Theorist . At best I would describe Jones as being unreliable along with his news sources .

Cheers xpert11 .

Unreliable is a bit reserved.

Uneducated, money grubbing charlatan is a little more fitting.

A Pulitzer Prize
Thanks for that, you made my night.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
If you listen to AJ you will notice 90% of his adverts are in some way Survival products. It is obviously in AJ's interest to ham up the fears of his listeners, so they all go out and but his advertisers products.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Alex doesn't actually investigate anything. He just posts articles from the main stream media.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I haven't caught him in a lie yet. I've heard him say some wild stuff I didn't believe like "Spider Goats were created by scientists", "Japan has glow in the dark dogs", "Bush gave the OK to attack Afghanistan on Sept 10th 2001"...

So I looked up these insane claims online, and sure enough they are true.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Yea, but it's the way he says stuff.

Like spider-goats is a perfect example. What does that mean? Is it an eight legged goat that builds webs and eats things that fly into them, or does it have something to do with trying to mass-produce spider-silk proteins in the goat's milk?

Simply saying "THEY'VE MADE A SPIDER-GOAT" is just a way of shocking his audience into buying into his overarching thesis -- which is that there is a sinister group of elite's controlling the world.

While that may or may not be true, I don't agree with the way he presents the evidence and his arguments. Yelling at everyone, crying on the air, all the theatrics, constantly interrupting and answering questions for his guests, etc.

It's like he's trying to be as shocking and unbelievable as possible, just so he can complain that not enough people are taking him seriously.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

If Alex Jones is true to his word, why on earth would he care about some reward from the sham-establishment?
Academics, media and the like only parrot things that are friendly in order to receive grants etc, to perpetuate their careers.
If there is an award on offer, and Alex chooses to take it; that will be a real test, and probably the undoing of his credibility.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I estimate Jones is pulling in over 6 million dollars a year. Of course he has overhead but not all that much. So here is some math for you.. Man makes sensationalist claims + millions is ad revenue =

I'll leave you with the answer...

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

How do you know what his ad revenues are?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

No i would give a prize to william cooper though. People have been talking about vaccines for along time.

But for me, william cooper, deserves credit.

Also i must say that al bielek, preston nichols too should get one. All the mind control techs he described are real, and how ever he knew he got the info to the public. Its very brave for a man to talk about mind control, and the geezer has had 5 strokes now since he talked.

Now thats a brave man, talk about mind control, and you deserve a prize in my opinion, because they are some dangerous mad people running that enterprise.

new topics

top topics

join