It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Park Rips on Alex Jones and the Currant Political Crisis. w/videos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I can understand the topic starter's confusion. Glenn Beck sounds exactly like Alex Jones. The only real difference is Beck has a bigger audience and is on TV spewing his drivel to millions of conservatives who lap it up.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Wow...Can't say I even care to watch this sort of crap. The program has done a good job of turning half the country under 30 into a circle of vulgar idiots who can't even figure out who the program is mocking or not.

Always had a problem with this show.

The majority of its fans that I have personally met seem to be very at ease with being brainwashed and about as eloquent as a fart in a bathtub.

Just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's not aimed at Alex Jones. It's aimed at Glenn Beck. Alex doesn't cry on camera.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
How could anyone make the connection between this episode and Alex Jones. The (((EC))) Logo was a blatant copy of the Glen beck logo.
Drunk posting kills!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

They might be ripping on both Alex Jones and Glenn Beck. Cartman looked a lot like Jones early in the episode. Whatever... Funny, funny stuff. I love how some people are bringing TPTB into this. This is comedy. I love it!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Full length episode here www.xepisodes.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

South Park Rips on Alex Jones and the Currant Political Crisis

South Park ripping anything is just a little like Jack the Ripper complaining about the quality of the steel in a butter knife.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is deffo beck they are slagging, the tears in the eyes and the tone and manner is Beck to a T.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
As much as i do not like south park I think alex jones does enough to damage his own reputation, south park does not need to help.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I hope you know I was just ripping on you and my post was meant to be funny. I didn't really think people would actually debate if Alex was being portrayed are not. I do not seriously believe that you were trying to put something over on the people. If anyone took my post seriously, I apologize.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I saw this episode just last night and I thought it was brilliant.

South Park episodes tend to either have a really insightful message or is just down-right trash for the sake of being as extreme as possible. There never seems to be a middle-ground. This episode certainly falls into the former category as opposed to the later.

Without this episode naming names, or pointing fingers directly, it was absolutely correct in how it drew a parallel with is going on in the current political/MSM climate, and how the people of the U.S. are blindly getting incensed over these (non)issues.

I think it was tastefully done, being that they didn't name names or point fingers, leaving it up to the viewer to draw their own conclusions.

What I think is best about this is that it can't be claimed that this is a partisan attack from the Liberal Left, being that Matt Stone is a staunch Republican and Trey Parker is a Libertarian. Those living who may bear a resemblance to the fictional events portrayed in this episode of South Park can't claim the same partisan argument they could had this criticism been made by a Democrat such as Jon Stewart, for instance.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I saw this, it seems to me that its nothing like alex jones.
the closeest was that guy in the episod e"douche in the urian"
not THAT was funy

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Wow...Can't say I even care to watch this sort of crap. The program has done a good job of turning half the country under 30 into a circle of vulgar idiots who can't even figure out who the program is mocking or not.

Always had a problem with this show.

The majority of its fans that I have personally met seem to be very at ease with being brainwashed and about as eloquent as a fart in a bathtub.

Just my two cents.

Be careful...the fan base your talking about is most of ATS, this is not the fist alternative topic they have covered.

Originally posted by Happyfeet
How could anyone make the connection between this episode and Alex Jones. The (((EC))) Logo was a blatant copy of the Glen beck logo.
Drunk posting kills!

Come on! I did say latter that it was Mr. Beck, I only seen the first 3/4 of the episode from youtube because my usual south park website (stansdad.com) had the episode pulled for some reason...and I dont watch TV.

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I hope you know I was just ripping on you and my post was meant to be funny. I didn't really think people would actually debate if Alex was being portrayed are not. I do not seriously believe that you were trying to put something over on the people. If anyone took my post seriously, I apologize.

Sorry mate, I must have seen straight through that one
...no harm done! it just come across as being a bit strong is all

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Yeah.. it was supposed to be strong to be believable.. until you get to the end - and my punchline: "Er ..On a more personal note I thought it was really funny. Keep Em comin. :-) "

I wouldn't say that if I really didn't like it :-)

I guess this just shows I'm a really bad comedian.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join