It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LCROSS REVISITED - Independent proof of impact?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been addressed but, reflecting on the LCROSS mission and Googling it online it occurred to me that I wasn't coming across any sources independent of NASA to prove the LCROSS impacts - and I mean that they occurred at all, nevermind that they struck at Cabeus, exactly as NASA claimed. Obviously, 99% of what I read automatically accepted that they occurred, but I got the distinct impression that this was basically because NASA said so and there was a compete lack of supplementary evidence to back up NASAs version of events in these online articles.

Obviously were have NASAs data, but as you all know, to some NASA is not to be trusted and so without independent verification of some kind - such as observations of the 'plume' from earth - the impacts will be be doubted/rejected by some.

So, is there a way to categorically prove:

1) That the impacts occurred at all?

2) That they occurred at Cabeus, exactly as NASA claims?

And I'm talking about a way to prove it INDEPENDENTLY of NASA, from sources and data unconnected to NASA.

Any idea?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I honestly just don't think there is. NASA is the only one who does these kinds of things, except other countries, but most countries collaborate with NASA so I guess we're screwed.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Here's a good write up of the whole event and my thoughts as well as it was a dud of an event.

Enterprisemission:NASA's Smoking Gun:
Part II

No One ... anywhere on Earth -- from the most psyched amateur to the professionals at the largest terrestrial observatories, even to the Hubble Space Telescope itself in close Earth orbit -- none of these folks or instruments saw ANYTHING actually hit the surface of the south pole of the Moon!

So what did happen here

Only a matter of time before LRO can get a decent picture of the impact debris as LRO is into its 50 km mapping orbit at the moment.

Did it just disappear,vaporized,Hijacked or Stolen by ET's.

Zelong.

EDIT: I just posted a question at the LRO site,Zelong.

Would there be a time schedule as to when LRO can get a decent picture of the impact debris of the LCROSS mission thanks.

[edit on 13/11/09 by Zelong]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Given that Nasa really,really,really wanted the world and his dog to be a witness to and record this little event, I should imagine that the lack of any evidence from anyplace about anything is proof enough that something went badly wrong.

I haven't had a dig about recently, but has any real data been released apart from the initial "well we got lots of data but it's all 'technical' so you lot wouldn't understand it" type comments?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

Yes, they found water from the data. Breaking now as I type. First picked it up from CNN.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This just showed up on aol news.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the updates guys.

But still, all data is coming from NASA. No independent proof apparently.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Malcram]

new topics

top topics

join