It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I could kill someone like this!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well that's how you get Veal. Baby calves. This can't be new news to some can it? I mean, don't people research what they eat? Or do they just gorge on food and not wonder.

I eat Veal, I love it, I know where it comes from. Are you going to bash me for eating it? Go ahead, circle of life. If people don't like it, don't eat it.....if you don't like it an complain about it, well then go save the cows, I'm sure they'll remember your attempts of freeing them for generations to come, and they'll pass it on to there calves and so on....please.

Also to everyone, do you know they cut the feet off? So when they grind the cow and process the meat, you don't choke on a piece of hoof when you're eating a burger or hot dog or whatever you want to eat.

Geez, you people research UFO's and Aliens and all that other stuff that has no concrete proof, but you don't research this.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
In my opinion, those that brutally harm animals like this, are more of an animal than the animal being abused. But that's my opinion, I'm not sure what everyone else thinks.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I hate to see animals being abused. I did not even watch the video. I just was not in the mood to get all upset after seeing animals being tortured or what have you.

That said, I have a question. I notice that a lot of you, wish to bring physical harm to those who have brought physical harm to animals.

I understand being angry, hurt, and wanting to do something about it. But doing the exact same thing to them that they are doing to the animals is hypocritical is it not?

I mean, to treat them the same way they treat animals only lowers yourself to their level and it makes you every bit as bad as they are. Why would you want to lower yourself to that level by doing such a horrible thing?

What is in that video is no doubt horrible and the people who committed these atrocities deserve to be locked away for a long time. But let's not throw these people into a torture chamber. If we do that we will be just as bad as they are.

I agree that the courts are far to lenient on people who commit acts of animal cruelty, But we CANNOT allow ourselves to stoop to the same level these creeps are on.

It bothers me to see so many people reacting to this thread by wanting to cause physical harm... I must admit...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

That said, I have a question. I notice that a lot of you, wish to bring physical harm to those who have brought physical harm to animals.

It's funny how some of these people who advocate the safety of these animals would harm to the people who work these factories. HYPOCRITES, and I'm sure these same people don't mind eating cow meat. They'll tell us here they won't so they can gain some form of respect from users. Which is sad, people who talk and take no action whatsoever. For me, I'll take the Veal sandwich.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

I am sure most of us know how veal is made. It is one thing to keep a cow caged, but you don't have to shock it 50 times and kick the crap out of it and start cutting it into pieces before you killed it. I eat veal too, but these guys were a tad out of control. Did you watch the video?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Yeah, the only thing I thought was over the top was the constant shocking (we all have our bad days at work, this guy was no different than a construction worker who shoots nails into a board that doesn't need so many nails). Aside from that, what do you want me to say?

Edit: I wonder how many will say "well a board doesn't have feelings" blah blah, if you say that, then you missed my point.

Also, goodnight and I'll carry this on tomorrow, unless someone saves the cows and we all live in a land where cows don't mind us killing them quicker....yeah, we'll negotiate something out.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

I don't want you to say anything. You can say or think what you want. I was just disagreeing with your point of view.

I am only a bit less heartless than you, but even I can see a difference between putting a bunch of extra nails in a board when someone is pissed off and abusing a defenseless animal because they came to work with a hangover and they hate their life. Real men don't take their personal problems out on defenseless people or defenseless animals.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
Real men don't take their personal problems out on defenseless people or defenseless animals.

Tell any division of the US forces that and you'll be cannon fodder.

Had to come back for that.

Goodnight.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis

Real men don't take their personal problems out on defenseless people or defenseless animals.

Goodnight.

Seriously.. most (99.99999999%) of US forces fight with honor and don't go around popping bulets into defenseless people or abuse animals just because they are having a bad hair day.

I hope you get a good night sleep though. I would hate to see you go to work cranky and beat the receptionist in your office tomorrow just to release a little tension.

Goodnight!

[edit on 12-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I couldn't bring myself to watch the video. I have seen many videos of cruelty to animals and it breaks my heart. I find such joy being around animals. Those that purposely harm animals are sick and we need harsher laws to prevent such atrocities.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I agree with you. I am one of those that expressed a fantasy of "working [the human monsters] as I would my heavy bag.

I completely understand your view of hypocracy and agree. I see that fault within myself, and have many times in the past. I am a gentle person. When confronted with a horror that I cannot affect in a positive manner, my instincts are to protect. I'm a very basic creature, in that regard -- I want to protect that which is being assailed, and in doing so, I wish to be in the position to stand between that which is being abused, and the abuser. yes, I actually fantasize about punishing them. Yes, I realize how flawed that makes me as a human being, and the juxtaposition between my peaceful desires and the wish to punish the abusers.

It just is, my friend. It is passion for justice and righting inequalilty. I know sure as I am sitting here that if such a practice were taking place on this little chunk of rock that I would personally put a stop to it, no matter what level of committment it took.

We should be better than that as a species. Children sometimes pull the legs off of lower order creatures. Adults should have a empathetic compass which prevents such treatment as we saw on the video.

I know you understand. I have read your works. Let me ask you something.......... if these practices were taking place within your arena of influence.... would you truly not think to yourself the extent to which you would go to prevent it?

As always, your views open my eyes. Thankyou

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I guess it takes a certain mindset to kill animals on a daily basis. im guessing these boys arnt playing with a full bag of marbles. I know i couldnt do what they do without losing a bit of my humanity.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Anger can be used as Motivation, not to inflict pain on those doing the acts we saw on the video, but to motivate you into doing something about it in a productive way.

I also don't think eating meat has anything at all to do with this thread or the video other than it was shot where animals are turned into meat.

If you are a meat eater then you must also know that animals being stressed before death for your consumption have meat tainted with the chemical products of their stress.

And for those who think animals are only dumb creatures, plese take the time to observe any animal. You will see it being caring a loving toward it's young. You will see it choosing its actions and movements before doing. These are the traits of an aware being are they not?

It does not bother me if people eat meat, some blood types do need its nourishment, and it is what made our ancestors grow larger brains. The problem only lay with how the animals are being treated before their deaths at the hands of insensitive people who need to learn an important lesson about ethics in their workplace.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Unfortunately, anyone who eats meat from a factory farm is passively contributing to animal cruelty or in the least supporting it. the show Bones just had an excallent episode about factory farms, I think really helped to raise some awareness to the viewers at what is really going on behind the scenes, showing two different views on it. Society has made animal cruelty illegal unless it is within factory farms. So as long as the masses believe they cannot stop eating it, it will be a business that thrives-creating pollution, health concerns, and even peaking water levels. Really if it doesn't come down to animal cruelty for some folks, then pollution, disease, and our health should be some cause for concern. The only fact I'll bring up, b/c most people don't realize this, is that the animals are fed an enormous amount of anti oxidants. What happens when your body gets slowly used to a drug? It becomes inaffective. You consume antioxidants on a daily basis through the meat and it will take so much more effort to fight off an infection or to get drugs that really work well.

I would never tell people to become vegetarian, that's a decision that has to be made from within, when the hearts ready to give up something we've been eating since birth. It's rough to change habits. But for those who are willing to try or want to cut back on consumption-schneiders does offer meatless products made in a meat free facility. The chik'n tastes like real chicken nuggets-great with honey, but there's no trans fats and no cholestoral. It's very healthy.

There's actually a lot of places that are openely cruel to animals due to people's need to buy or be entertained. Circuses, road side zoos, puppy mills just to name a few. Only the buyers can do anything, we do have the power.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It's quite so easy to point fingers, blame others. We see animals hurt and abused (because they are easy prey for us to manifest our hatred). BUT what makes you poster's who want to torture the offenders so self righteous?

And I'll admit, I watched another video with Asians beating dogs and cats to eat. And no that is not stereotyping a race. THEY beat animals before eating them. AND I was full of rage too, it's hard not to right?

But we all have demons. We envy and hate qualities in others because they reflect qualities we have or don't have in ourselves. We harm others who remind us of ourselves. This kind of cruelty is well known and established, why must we wish to further inhumanity by wishing harm on others. It's a dangerous cycle, get the hell off the wheel! You're just going to go in circles and end up right back where you started.

My two cents
~ PontiacWarrior

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PontiacWarrior
It's quite so easy to point fingers, blame others. We see animals hurt and abused (because they are easy prey for us to manifest our hatred). BUT what makes you poster's who want to torture the offenders so self righteous?

And I'll admit, I watched another video with Asians beating dogs and cats to eat. And no that is not stereotyping a race. THEY beat animals before eating them. AND I was full of rage too, it's hard not to right?

But we all have demons. We envy and hate qualities in others because they reflect qualities we have or don't have in ourselves. We harm others who remind us of ourselves. This kind of cruelty is well known and established, why must we wish to further inhumanity by wishing harm on others. It's a dangerous cycle, get the hell off the wheel! You're just going to go in circles and end up right back where you started.

My two cents
~ PontiacWarrior

I agree, violence does not solve violent behaviour. Until humanity learns to really embrace their enemy and love them as their own kin, there is no hope for changing the way we treat Earths fellow creatures. I think the saying, you catch more flies with honey, works well here. If anyone's mind is to be changed from violence to compassion it will more than likely happen through the guiding hand and not the forceful one.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
First of all most of you are going off of gut reactions to witnessing a certain violence that occurs when a predator feeds. I had an interesting experience with a dead snake once. I killed a rattle snake on my way to go bow hunting. I smashed it's head then when it was limp I cut off it's head. I did this so that no one else might happen across it and get bitten on our family farm. I hunted for 4 hours that evening and as it got dark picked up the snake I went back to my truck.

This snake had been dead for over 4 hours by the time I had made it home. I got the kids outside so that I could show them. When you rubbed your fingers down it's stomach it would curl up and then relax. We called some friends over and for over the next hour the snakes headless body would do this. This snake had been decapitated for over 5 hours and was still moving and responding to stimulation.

The video shows an animal which is young and has a face. This bothers some people. It also showed towards the end a calf that had it's spinal cord severed still kicking around when it was hung by it's leg.

You see just because something moves doesn't mean that it is alive or can feel pain. I firmly believe that the calfs being butchered were brain dead. What I saw was considered clean kill practices in even the smallest towns butcher shop.

No, the workers feel do not feel remorse. For what? Being a predator? Come on everyone has watched the most efficient hunters in the world slowly maul and kill their prey.

Do we kill all predatory animals? I got it let's teach all of the earths animals to be vegitarians. But before you do that please donate funds to the NRA and other hunting groups because they are the ones that will save you if you get stranded in the wild amongst other predators. Guess that makes them heartless people.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

A good counter-argument. But if you want to talk about hunters, let's take ancient man, and even hunters today that live in remote areas around the world. They took pride in the game, they respected the animal. It was a brother, a spirit, it was food, it was clothing. That is the part that is lacking, the respect for the animal. That is lost among 'civilized' nations. We just stuff it in our mouth's without thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This has been an on-going problem in Veal plants that is why I refuse to eat Veal. I am not sure that Cows are treated any better. I do not eat Kosher but I do believe that stress hormones released into the meat from a violent death is harmful for us to eat. God bless these poor things. That is a sickening video and those men are vile. They seem to enjoy the pain they are inflicting and that is disturbing, makes you wonder how safe they are to be out in society. I could see them doing the same things to a human, very sadistic if you ask me. It may not be condusive; but yea I would like to kick these men real hard in the balls so they can get the same sick feeling I did watching their actions.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Melissa101]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis

Goodnight.

Seriously.. most (99.99999999%) of US forces fight with honor and don't go around popping bulets into defenseless people or abuse animals just because they are having a bad hair day.

I hope you get a good night sleep though. I would hate to see you go to work cranky and beat the receptionist in your office tomorrow just to release a little tension.

Goodnight!

[edit on 12-11-2009 by HotSauce]

ahhhhh.. NO .. ever hear of Vietnam War?? Yea.. might want to do a little reseach on that one..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join