It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I could kill someone like this!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

I am a vegetarian and I am anti-abortion, so you are dead wrong there. I ate meat for many years and it always bothered me a little, but one night I had a dream that made me realize "were it not for the grace of God, there go I..." - we are not so different from any other animals. I feel kinship with the other living creatures on this earth that are just trying to get by. Things just want to live.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thou Shall Not Kill

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I eat meat and the actions of this facility are criminal. Period.
The plant should be shut down entirely for 90+ days, then fined multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars, and the persons identified doing the abuse should be criminally prosecuted and spend at least 1 year in a state or federal penitentiary. If this occurred you can bet your ass it would spread a stiff message to other facilities that this won't be tolerated. That would change things when owners are worried about having their businesses shut down, getting hit hard in the pocket book and people are going to jail for this.

I worked for 2 months at a small, local slaughter house in California in my youth and I saw the kinds of crap people do. I was the guy putting a round in the cows head, then the Mexican workers would pull the gate up and the cow would slide down a ramp into the slaughter room pit. They would chain the cow up and hoist him above the blood pit and start going to work. Unfortunately they had a crappy .22 short barrel rifle that would often misfire, and too often I would have to put 2 rounds in the cow to make sure it was dead. Of course I would get bitched at for using too much ammo doing this, they claimed it was just muscle and nerve reactions and the cow was actually dead.

Pay was good though as most employees there didn't want to be the shooter. I was let go because I would constantly complain about the owners sadistic 25 year old son who would do all kinds of cruel stuff that I would rather not mention, plus I was using too much ammo according to them.
Within 2 years of leaving that s***hole the place was closed down permanently due to cruelty and sanitation issues.
Took me a very long time to eat beef after that, even to this day I rarely eat beef just from memories of that place.
I'm not a veggan or anything and have no problem hunting and cleaning my prize for food, but there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for sicko's to go out of there way to inflict pain on an animal going to slaughter, or any animal for that matter.
Just treat and feed them properly with adequate space to move around and when it is time to put them down do it quick and make sure the creature is actually dead.
I can tell you from my personal experience that you can 100% see the fear in the cows eyes when they get up to the kill gate, and the other cows in line know 100% what is coming next for them.
There is no damned reason to put these creatures thru any more suffering that is not necessary to do the job.
What the bastards did in this video are without a doubt cruel and sadistic and IMHO criminal.

That's my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It is only when life on all levels is treated with dignity and respect that our global problems will be no more. You can justify, argue and bring your personal issues to the table all you want but you won't change the above law ....Ever!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Those animals must have done some bad deeds in a past life, It looks like they were sent to hell.

Poor creatures.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majinboob
Those animals must have done some bad deeds in a past life, It looks like they were sent to hell.

Poor creatures.

0_o

That doesn't make sense on sooooo many levels. lol. Reincarnation and Hell probably aren't going to be in the same belief system :p

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I do not endorse or approve of torturing animals at all. A one-shot-kill bullet to the brain is what I would prefer for even myself over torture. Since humans that are omnivores by design (some reject their design and become herbivores) do tend to eat meat by the truck loads, waiting for an animal to drop dead of old age isn't really an option. While we should rise above our emotionally driven instincts to stomp the crap out of people who abuse these creatures, one has to wonder if making a messy example wouldn't send a stronger message then a stiff fine with jail time. Not that I think thats the rite action, but you still have to wonder...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You people do not get it. These cows lined up for slaughter are not thinking like a human does. Thoughts like "why me", "what did I do", "god save me", or any of the sorts do not go though thier head. They do not start praying and asking for forgiveness of their sins. You see they do not think, behave, or respond the same as people. Even if I accept the idea that they have some sort of auto response in their brain that tells them they are in danger of death while being lined up for slaughter, I still do not for one second believe that they know of any higher power or higher self. A cow does not aim to improve it's lifestyle nor does it have compassion for the human race. It does not go about it's days thinking of ways to lessen the pain or poverty of people. In fact cows just like all animals basically think of survival, most of which is auto responses to threats. When you threaten a cow it does not build a bunker and devise an attack strategy, it either runs or charges. Animals are not human they should not be placed in the same echeleon as humans. Just because some people are capable of killing animals in ways that some might find offensive does not make it wrong. Just because people can be "disrespectful" to animals does not make those people criminal. Just because some people are to weak to embrace what they are does not mean that they should go about pushing their beliefs and ideals on others.

If being violent to animals is wrong then prosecute the other predators for animal cruelty. After all most of you are saying that they should be treated like people.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ch1ldofthe70s
I do not endorse or approve of torturing animals at all. A one-shot-kill bullet to the brain is what I would prefer for even myself over torture. Since humans that are omnivores by design (some reject their design and become herbivores) do tend to eat meat by the truck loads, waiting for an animal to drop dead of old age isn't really an option. While we should rise above our emotionally driven instincts to stomp the crap out of people who abuse these creatures, one has to wonder if making a messy example wouldn't send a stronger message then a stiff fine with jail time. Not that I think thats the rite action, but you still have to wonder...
I agree (to some extent), though for good measure I need to add to your statement "some reject their design and become herbivores" and add "some (majority)reject their design and become carnivores. :p
Chickens are omnivores-their diet is worms and (grains?) Humans probably shouldn't be eating so much meat either. Humans can and do eat a lot of stuff they shoul dnot-that is unhealthy (like sugar ).

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
You people do not get it. ....................

If being violent to animals is wrong then prosecute the other predators for animal cruelty. After all most of you are saying that they should be treated like people.

A human baby cannot do any of the self awareness exercises you brought forth either. In fact, they are self driven, egotistical, and whatever they do is for their basic needs and survival, yet nobody here would argue that they cannot feel pain. Understanding morals and ethics or being aware other creatures feelings is not a prerequisit for being able to be conscious of being tortured, it is a prereq for being compassionate about it though. Are you seriously one of those people who believes that kicking a dog is okay b.c they are nothing more than biological machines who react to stimuli but there's nothing in their consciously feeling it? Lil narcisstic towards the human species. There are many stories of animals who help people. They are quite fascinating and amazing. Animals will work to save a human life and many animals have been proven to show emotions (the grief in elephants and graveyards-source given if asked

"being violent to animals is wrong then prosecute the other predators for animal cruelty."

Cruelty to animals is against the law, it is punished. In fact, majority those who are violent to humans started out with animals and worked their way up. psychologists and the court system is now taking violence/crimes on animals very seriously as an indicator of future violence and risk assesment. Other animals aren't responsible for the downfall of our environement, they didn't bring pollution, nor do they greedily keep food they don't need or won't use. Animals don't torture other animals for 'fun' there are always behavioural explanations behind it-whales, throw their food in the air and try to stun them so that they themselves won't be harmed, for other animals their actions are a form of 'training' for their hunting skills. Yet, a human who is cruel to an animal is not acting in instinct, they aren't doing it b.c there's any benifit for their survival. There's a lot of explanations for animal cruelty- it being natural, isn't one of them. So yeah, people being cruel to animals, does make a person a criminal. I don't know what country you are from but here in Canada and definitely the U.S and I believe Europe-It does make you criminal. Eating meat, and hunting as the law allows-is not wrong. Torturing cows with prods over and over again-yeah criminal dude. Are your seriously by all intent of the words, saying that it should be acceptable to place an non-human animal under unecessary stress or pain if we do not have to? That we shouldn't make a kill (if one believes in meat eating) swift and quick as possible? It's 'okay' to be cruel? seriioussslyy?

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Zerra]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
Just because some people are capable of killing animals in ways that some might find offensive does not make it wrong. Just because people can be "disrespectful" to animals does not make those people criminal. Just because some people are to weak to embrace what they are does not mean that they should go about pushing their beliefs and ideals on others.

So then you are stating it is ok to torture animals?
There is a big difference between killing an animal in a way that may revolt some people and straight up torturing an animal.
You put a bullet in the head and then strip it down. If you don't have a gun you slit it's throat or decapitate it. You don't torture it with electrocution repeatedly and chop off members and limbs before it is dead.
No offense intended, but if you disagree with that then you need to seek some serious help.
Can you provide some info/link to info on non-human predators that physically torture their prey before taking the kill? I would be extremely interested in seeing if anything can be produced there.

Would you torture a dog with electrocution and them chop off a limb?
Bottom line. If it's food, you kill the thing however you can then get down to business. You don't torture and mutilate it for kicks and grins unless you are mental or sadistic.
I am a meat eater and have no problem with killing my food. But I'm not sadistic or cruel.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Yeah calling a cow a # box all the while torturing it?

Man there is a reason why it's a man's world still today. It's because women don't have the fortitude to put forth the kind of justice necessary in this evil cruel world we live in. Sorry call me sexist. But look at some of the female posts in this thread. My god how can anyone condone what those animals are doing to those baby cows. And you want to call them your fellow human beings? They should be wiped out........as easily as they are wiping out the baby cows.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerra

Chickens turn cannibalistic, real quick. Not necessarily from starvation either; I've noticed free-range chickens just start eating each other after awhile. Penned up chickens also seem to randomly kill each other.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MontanaMike
reply to post by Zerra

Chickens turn cannibalistic, real quick. Not necessarily from starvation either; I've noticed free-range chickens just start eating each other after awhile. Penned up chickens also seem to randomly kill each other.

Yes, many animals that are forced into an unnatural environment where there is stress and pain will develope behavioural problems. They will not act as they were meant to because they never had the chance to learn and experience life as was intended. Animals will do weird things when bored or stressed or have not the right sorts of nutrition (whether fed or not). they are omnivores and will need a lot of bugs or worms in their diet, when there's overcrowding they may miss out (their main source of food though is grass) In the wild a chicken will not eat another chicken, in domestication they will. In domestication man feeds animals grains that an animal wouldn't normally get in the wild-it's not alays sufficient (but used to fatten them up for us to eat) So at the end of the day, they are cannibalistic due to human interference.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Zerra]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

OH i dont know what about at your execution if you were a crinimal on death row?
lethal injection or smash your bones with a sledge hammer until you are dead
its an exection
shouldnt matter right?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I agree with the many others who have condemned this video, violence however tempting, is not the answer

It would seem that one day all this could be a thing of the past:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I find the discrimination by Peta and animal lovers to be disgusting. Have you ever heard a flower scream when it is plucked? No?
That is not because the flower does not scream but simply because it screams at a frequency too high for you to hear.
Listen to a single rose scream and then go out and rip up a corn field. To assume an indifferent attitude because these are not mobile life forms is no different than meat eaters' indifference to animals because they are not sentient life forms.
A man could live on the meat from one cow for at least six months. Encouraging him to become a vegetarian will result in the slaughter of how many thousands of plants?
Get over your mammalian bias and recognize all living creatures as sacred. The indifferent slaughter of vegetables and grain crops must stop.
Get past the PETA propaganda and join PETAL (People for the Ethical Treatment of All Life).
Stop mowing your lawns. The torture of so many life forms for no other reason than that 'you' like the symmetrical look of the grass in front of your house is insensitivity to a degree matched only by Nazis
Every time I see someone picking apples from a tree I am overwhelmed by an urge to rip their fingers off one at a time to see how they like it.

If you agree with me or not is not the point.
If you can view my post as silly then ask yourself why your views on the treatment of animals should appear any different to those who view animals as barely conscious.
What we have here is people once more wishing harm on others for not sharing their view of reality. For daring to have their own mind set. You people need to get over yourselves. That 'you' think it or believe it does not automatically make it correct. People who demand the world see through their eyes are responsible for most wars. Think about it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Do cows get abortions? How about scraping a 2-3 months old calf from cows stomach, with a lot of blood involved? Anyone?

Well, that is what they do, DAILY, to millions of humans in the "civilized" Western world.

So, human babies are scraped, detached from mothers womb, and thrown away.

Regarding the topic: eating meat isn't natural: it is very well explained here:
michaelbluejay.com...

(I do not agree with all the things on michaels's site, but he is 100% correct about human biological predisposition to eat HERBS ONLY).

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Goodfellow

I see your point, but there's a lot of flaws in your view.

For example, there are many instances where a plant species relies on the consumption and excretion of the fruit seeds. If the plant remains alive after the fruit is plucked, it's more like someone plucking a hair from your head.

Also... even if I ate meat, I don't think I'd want to have a cow carcass sitting around for six months...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

Actually I think you totally missed the point. The point I was trying to make had to do with my own personal disgust at all the people commenting on how they would/could enjoy harming others for not accepting their world view.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join