It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Jesus is not helping us

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13579

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by spellbound

Jesus was God in flesh.He took the worlds' sins upon Himself and allowed
Himself to be nailed to the cross.We all had a debt we couldn't pay and
Jesus paid our sin debt for us.Salvation is a gift from God and no man
can come to the Father except through Jesus.

ok let me understand this..

Jesus through the farther, that was god took the worlds sins upon him because we all had a debt to pay? and jesus aka god gave us salvation as a gift?

now i am confused

The confusion arises because of a cultural drift in the meanings of words that occurred during the Christian era...
...that was essentially in place by the third century...
...and was unwittingly embraced into Protestantism.

There is a Hebrew word tsedaqah and a Greek word dikaiosune...
...these are usually translated 'Justice' or 'Righteousness'.

The original meaning referred to justice in the sense of a persons responsibility in a relationship or fulfilling a promise or agreement...
...that has some similarities to our modern 'contract law'.

This concept of Justice became confused with Greko/Roman concepts of Justice...
...which was essentially concerned with punitive law and punishment...
...this was then read back into the New Testament manuscript references...
...and embedded in modern Christian theology.

God who was simply keeping a promise to Abraham...
...becomes then a celestial Shylock demanding His 'pound of flesh'...
...and pouring His wrath on Jesus as substitute.

Essentially you have identified a confusion that really exists...
...that has had the effect of causing Christendom to proclaim another gospel.

The original Christian Gospel was that the Spirit who make the worlds historically expressed Himself in true human form...
...so by dying, He could defeat death and restore the World of Men as a New Creation...
...that is then given as a gift to all who who believe it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You are energetically connected to all things, that is what Jesus or God is, you are part of that and can never be separated from that your soul is forever, so death is not the end but the beginning. Enjoy every day, as it is your last and have no fear, make peace with family and friends revel in the beauty around you. Fear Not! Thy Kingdom Cometh!

To all agents that read this post, when you stand before the creator of all things, “I was just following orders”, will not be an acceptable answer, those that give the orders you follow are directly responsible for the way the world is! They are not spiritually advanced enough to create anything, other than what you are experiencing now. Nor will they be in an underground facility, or when they reemerge. Your allegiance to them is no longer required. Soon they will turn on you as well.

The battle has begun; you are behind enemy lines and already have their trust, giving you strategic advantage, like it or not, right now you are partially responsible for the planetary Genocide that has begun, soon it will become the greatest Mass Murder this planet has ever known, that is what you are part of, do you in your heart believe it be just?

It is not too late! Start fighting back from the inside! Use your position to help your human family! You know it is the Right Thing to do.

Perhaps you are uncertain of what you can do. Begin by Setting all data free! You know it should be! Publicize their objectives! Disrupt any system that you work with, so that it cannot proceed toward its objective! Do what you were trained to do! You wanted to make a difference, Now is your chance!

The advantage has become ours join us! Their resources are waning, soon they will not be able to pay you, and will discard you as they do with anything they consider no longer useful.

With your help the war can be won quickly, without bloodshed!

Those on here that are following the playbook, is this what you went to school for? Think about the teachers and professors that shared their time and knowledge with you, would they be Proud of you now? Is this how the knowledge was intended to be used? Would your family be proud if they knew what you were really doing?

Knowledge is Power! Use it Wisely!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

ok with all that you have said, i stil do not understand:

God is the farther of jesus / or he was god in the flesh? or soemthing

Then god made the devil ?

why go thru all the trouble just to teach ma a lesson?

seems some what bafferling..

the only people who are going to save the human race, is THE human race

that i think is the problem, we was given some gift: i think we should use it and stop asking why..

just my 2 cents

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

There's enough food and water on earth for everyone. Don't blame God for what people do. You are born with the ability to make choices. God will not intervene in your choices. God is not the reason for starvation, sinful human nature is.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
What does the "born again" mean. never really understood that. Maybe if you put your faith in science rather than Jesus, you wouldn't feel the need to rely on your deity to save you from the mess the world is in.

What makes you think you can't rely on one without the other?

isn't science what we relied on during WW ll when atomic Physicist Lise Mietner figured out German Chemist Otto Hahn's equation would release untold amounts of energy from plutonium and we created the atomic bomb.

Didn't scientists give us anthrax? What about Chem Trails? Agent Orange? Pseudo Ephedrine so we can make Methamphetamines then their are all the PCB's that are slowly turning our males into homosexuals. Wasn't science behind some of the biggest scams ever thought up so they can justify taxing our every exhaled breath using "Carbon credits" while none of the money actually goes to cleaning up that mess. Then we have the many cancers we end up finding out sometimes years later, that many products of science has given us while untold BILLIONS goes into a bottomless pit of scientific study to cure it but never quite gets the job done but says "we're getting close to a cure!" Science is good at creating many more diseases than it has ever cured. Hell Science hasn't even cured the common cold. We have particle beam weapons thanks to science and anti gravity misslile threats as weapons coming out of china where trust in computer technology that got hacked during the clinton administration allowing China to have access to all of our top secret military technology and guidance systems.

The science of eugenics and social darwinism was the impetus for Godless societies to genocide millions and millions of their own people. In Fact far more people than all the religious wars combined.

We have survived thousands of years of religion and I consider myself a Science buff but I sometimes wonder if we will survive another decade of science.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Kerry_Knight]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

OK , well lets all put our faith in God, he's done a pretty good job so far at curing starvation and illness around the world and creating peaceful loving planet.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by woodwardjnr]

Ha ha isn't just like an unsaved person to blame all that is wrong in the world today on a God they claim doesn't exist until they need a scapegoat

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by octotom

but what about the Israeli loving sentiment it seems wrong because Israel committed genocide against the palestinians

Jeez dude, can you blame them? Do you really think the palestinians are reasonable? They won't accept a two state solution the only solution they will accept is taking ALL of israel and that is about as likely to happen as the United States is likely to give this country back to the Native American inidians and we damn near brought them to extinction with a lot less rational defense for doing it while the israelis have to worry about the entire middle east wanting to exterminate them.

With the kind of weapons israel has, do you know how you can tell they aren't trying to genocide the palestinians?

They are still alive that's how.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by afoolbyanyothername
reply to post by Conclusion

Science built the atomic bomb. True spirituality invented peace. Which would you choose?

Without science, you'd probably still be living in a cave, wearing animal skins and grubbing in the dirt for sustenance ... so give me science any day over delusional religious ramblings !

I also notice you have no hesitation in using the products of science when it suits you ... such as using a pc to promulgate your religious zeal in this forum.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by afoolbyanyothername]

[edit on 13-11-2009 by afoolbyanyothername]

Lol

Right.....

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join