It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Jesus is not helping us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So Jesus not helping us stop the nwo? I keep hearing born again christians saying Jesus is the only solution to the nwo. I am a born again christian but I'm starting to have doubts about my religion because of the Israel loving sentiment. If Jesus is not the solution then what is when they already took over.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What does the "born again" mean. never really understood that. Maybe if you put your faith in science rather than Jesus, you wouldn't feel the need to rely on your deity to save you from the mess the world is in.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The ptb are waiting for someone to come.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

So Jesus is not helping us

Jesus promised to save your soul... not your outlook or the idiot world. We are on our own to solve the problems we made.

And don't blame Christianity. It is a concept that requires the human race to make it anything. The contract is for the hereafter, not the here.

Try Washington, Moscow, Jerusalem, Beijing, Tehran, London or Paris for the complaint department.

Have a nice day

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

faith in science? You have to be kidding me...the same religion that's turning swine flu into an epidemic...lol!

[edit on 12-11-2009 by radio_for_peace]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by radio_for_peace

faith in science? You have to be kidding me...the same religion that's turning swine flu into an epidemic...lol!

[edit on 12-11-2009 by radio_for_peace]

OK , well lets all put our faith in God, he's done a pretty good job so far at curing starvation and illness around the world and creating peaceful loving planet.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So Jesus not helping us stop the nwo? I keep hearing born again christians saying Jesus is the only solution to the nwo. I am a born again christian but I'm starting to have doubts about my religion because of the Israel loving sentiment. If Jesus is not the solution then what is when they already took over.

Don't lose faith. Jesus is the only solution to what's yet to come. The only thing is, Jesus won't come to "solve" things until the time has come for him to.

Things must get worse before they get better.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

What does the "born again" mean

"Born again" is the phrase that Jesus used to describe those who have believed in him. Those who are "born again" have been born again via the Spirit as the Spirit indwells the believer and renews them.

The relevant passage is John 3.

OK , well lets all put our faith in God, he's done a pretty good job so far at curing starvation and illness around the world and creating peaceful loving planet.

The world today is still stained with sin and part of the dominion of Satan. Once sin is removed, and the world is truly under the rule of God, things will be perfect; no death, starving, fighting, and so forth.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by octotom]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

but what about the Israeli loving sentiment it seems wrong because Israel committed genocide against the palestinians

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by octotom

but what about the Israeli loving sentiment it seems wrong because Israel committed genocide against the palestinians

Religion... ALL religion is an abstract concept. Without people, it is harmless. If you have a gripe with the Israelis, talk to them... don't blame God.

Jesus, God, Mohammad, Allah... they didn't tell us to be idiots. We did that on our own.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You must separate the Jewish people from the Jewish government; especially if you believe that the Israeli government has committed genocide.

Regardless of what Israeli governmental officials do, the Jewish people, as a whole, are still God's chosen people. They're going to play an important role once the deceiver is revealed. Take a look at Revelation 7.

God still has a plan for national Israel. This of course, doesn't mean that those have done wrong won't be punished in the end, for they shall.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

starwarisreal, if you knew the prophecies, then you would know that the NWO will come to pass. This is judgment time. He is separating the wheat from the tares.

This is why he says in Matthew 24, He who endures unto the end, the same shall be saved.

He did not stop the Assyrians, the Babylonians, he did not stop Media-Persia, or Greece or Rome. He did not stop Hitler, and now He will not stop the Nations.

His word will be fulfilled as stated, which, like I said, if you knew the prophecies, they are being fulfilled right to the jot.

He tells you when He will take His people off of this earth. You should be studying.

Book of Joel is a great one, along with Zephiniah, Zechariah, Amos, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Hosea. Just about all the old testament prophets.

Where are we, well, Revelation 13, probably the 5th seal.

I think when they have full disclosure of the "aliens", or really fallen angels, we will see the LORD Jesus soon after that.

But by the 7th Trumpet for sure.

Israel is surrounded by her enemies. Keep your eye on what happens out there. They have also built some of the temple items, as well as the garments for the priests. Another sure sign of things. There has been a lot of discussion of rebuilding the temple as well. I don't know how that is going to fly, but we will have to watch and see.

Know your scriptures and you will lose all that doubt your getting. Do not let "fear" overcome you, and trust in Jesus and His word.

Remember, And they loved not their lives even unto the death.
)
In this world we will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, Jesus has overcome the world.

Habakkuk 2:2-3
And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it wll surely come, it will not tarry.

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 27:1-5
In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

In that day sing you, A vineyard of red wine. I the LORD do keep it; I will water it every moment: lest any hurt it, I will keep it night and day.

Fury is not in me: who would set the briers and thorns against me in battle? I would go through them, I would burn them together. Or let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me; and he shall make peace with me.

Amos 5:18-20
Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! To what end is it for you? The day of the LORD is darkness, and not light. As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him. Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? Even very dark, and no brightness in it?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by ljib777]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Let the world have its scum.....

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Whoops, I thought Octotom's username was "Octomom'. Either way, that amused me for a good two seconds.

Now to the subject at hand. I think it's safe to say nowadays that you shouldn't place faith in anything. You can't place faith in a deity because well, when was the last time any of us have come into contact with one? You can't place faith in science because well, yeah, it may be real, but it's not exactly making the world a better place is it? You can't even place faith in yourself for your mind is full of confused, subjective thoughts that interfere with your values.

There's no escaping what we are - human. We are all hypocrites to some degree, and we aren't all neutral to everything, therefore we are faulty. The thing is, even if we are imperfect, we can still help each other out. Our goal here isn't to be perfect, it's simply to be.

Jesus won't save you from the NWO. Only you and the people around you can save you from it. But this is where another question pops up - save you from what? As far as we know the NWO is a concept that is merely a conspiracy. I'm not saying that there aren't people in a secret cabal trying to dominate this species, but the movement doesn't have a face. For all we could know, we could be facing an invisible threat.

In fact, when you think about it, didn't Jesus unintentionally start a new world order back in the day? Didn't Christianity lend its hand in barbaric wars back in the Middle Ages? Don't the Templars, apparently, still exist up until this day?

I just feel that if Jesus Christ came back today I feel he wouldn't be the person to stop a new world order. I believe that he'd be the beginning of it. Therefore, place faith in nothing. Not in yourself, not in your neighbour. Not unto the divine, and not unto heaven. You are what you are, and they are what they are. Strike when they strike, but make sure you strike harder.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

"The world today is still stained with sin and part of the dominion of Satan. Once sin is removed, and the world is truly under the rule of God, things will be perfect; no death, starving, fighting, and so forth."

I hear that a lot, and my problem with it is that.. you'all had your chance. In a time commonly referred to as "The Dark Ages", when innocents were horribly tortured (with supporting quotations from the bible), and actively pursued by church authority. Any knowledge outside their accepted purview (like architecture, sanitation, etc) was burned as well, and people suffered like crazy. Countless wars were waged (some literally staffed by children), again with the full backing of the church, all in the name of the kingdom of God.

And what do we call the time when the culture was finally allowed to throw off the Christian chains, take in new (and old) information, to think for themselves and not focus every moment on God? The Renaissance & the Age of Enlightenment. Nowhere on Earth has a society based on fundamentalist religious teachings been a fair, happy, warless, or innovative one. (Well, maybe the Buddhists, but they have no problems with other people's gods, while it is the monotheists that seem to do the vast majority of damage). Correct me if I'm wrong, I will listen.

So, why would your kingdom to come be any different than the kingdom you already had? How is that belief any different from the "evil Muslims" who want to make the world over in their image of what is righteous & god given to them?

No death, no starving, no fighting... seems very much like a Christian fairy tale to me. And if that really is the end desire, why do so many Christians support the death penalty, are war hawks, and are vehemently opposed to public heathcare, social security, welfare, and all the other safety nets that do exactly that (help people live longer by providing medicine, food and shelter) that the Democrats have created to realize these ideals NOW?

As for the NWO, in my line of work we have a saying: "every system is perfectly designed to produce the results it does". I.e., don't like the end result? You need to change the system that is producing it, there simply isn't any other way of making change. It gets a little harder if in fact there are generational families pulling the strings, but the basic point still applies. The system is what it is. Don't like the outcome? you must change something in the beginning to change the result. And that falls entirely on us. Waiting for Jesus to do it makes as much sense to me as waiting for Odin or King Arthur (both of whom also promised to return and fix everything for us).

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Most people already know this but don't realize that Jesus is in support of One World Government.

You see in the book of Revelations it explains that a man of sin will cause all people to get a mark, so that they would not buy, sell or trade without it. It mentions the rise of one world Government and after the beast is destroyed, Jesus becomes King of New Jerusalem and heiled king of kings lord of lords. But it never says anything about the destruction of the One World Government.

So there, you will get your Jesus in the form of ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT and that is why jesus is not helping in the fight against the NWO.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

so you mean it's a regime change like Bautista to Fidel in Cuba?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

yeah. One bad guy and one good guy all with the same purpose.

Most christians are against one world government right?
Not if Jesus is in charge!

Let's put a happy face on the NWO.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
He will ... he will ... just wait ........... I little longer...............any minute now............

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathTribble

I hear that a lot, and my problem with it is that.. you'all had your chance. In a time commonly referred to as "The Dark Ages",

This has nothing to do with what I said. What I was alluding to was one day, Jesus would come back and rule the world as it's king. I said nothing about how great the world would be when us Christians finally get to rule the world.

when innocents were horribly tortured (with supporting quotations from the bible), and actively pursued by church authority. Any knowledge outside their accepted purview (like architecture, sanitation, etc) was burned as well, and people suffered like crazy. Countless wars were waged (some literally staffed by children), again with the full backing of the church, all in the name of the kingdom of God.

The Church of Rome controlling Europe has nothing to do with something that was, and is, still future. The Catholic isn't Jesus ruling the world, which is what I was referring to.

Yes, horrible things were done by the Catholic church in the name of Christ. The Catholics persecuted people that didn't think like them. If I was alive back then, the Catholics would've tried to burn me at the stake.

And what do we call the time when the culture was finally allowed to throw off the Christian chains, take in new (and old) information, to think for themselves and not focus every moment on God? The Renaissance & the Age of Enlightenment. Nowhere on Earth has a society based on fundamentalist religious teachings been a fair, happy, warless, or innovative one. (Well, maybe the Buddhists, but they have no problems with other people's gods, while it is the monotheists that seem to do the vast majority of damage). Correct me if I'm wrong, I will listen.

Correct. No human society is going to be peaceful because we're all sinners, as I said. The problems in the world stem from the sin problem. When that stain is removed, the world will be infinitely better.

So, why would your kingdom to come be any different than the kingdom you already had?

I'm not Catholic so I never had a kingdom. But, when Christ comes, which is what I was talking about before, he will rule perfectly, since he, after all, is God and will remove the curse of sin.

How is that belief any different from the "evil Muslims" who want to make the world over in their image of what is righteous & god given to them?

My expectation for Jesus to come and rule is vastly different than the Muslims view. While I share the Gospel and desire for everyone to accept it, I don't feel it's my mission to go and force people to become Christian. That does no one any good. Muslims desire to have man rule, while I'm waiting for God himself to come and rule.

No death, no starving, no fighting... seems very much like a Christian fairy tale to me.

Umm, I'd have to say then that this is the fairy tale of the whole world, is it not?

And if that really is the end desire, why do so many Christians support the death penalty,

Christians support the death penalty because God said that if you kill someone, your life will be taken in exchange because you killed something created in God's image. I bet that at this point, you (or someone else) would bring up the law. Without getting to theological, I'll just say, the command for capital punishment predates the Law. Thus, it's still a command valid for us today.

are war hawks,

I can't speak for other Christians on this point, so I'll just say that I'm not.

and are vehemently opposed to public heathcare, social security, welfare, and all the other safety nets that do exactly that (help people live longer by providing medicine, food and shelter) that the Democrats have created to realize these ideals NOW?

You know, Republican isn't a synonym for Christian. There are plenty of non-Chrisitans that don't support these ideas. That said, people tend to oppose these things, like healthcare and welfare, because you're not really helping the person. You're giving a quick fix, not a long term solution. It seems too that people feel that helping people should be something done from free will, not by acts of legislation.

To say though that Christians don't help the poor and needy is silly. Churches around America give food, clothing, shelter, and meet other needs of people in their communities all the time. It's always been that way with churches. So, before the Democrats started to try and implement these programs and such, Christians were already feeding the poor and sheltering the homeless; trying to show Christ's love on Earth.

Waiting for Jesus to do it makes as much sense to me as waiting for Odin or King Arthur (both of whom also promised to return and fix everything for us).

Don't misunderstand me. I never said that we as Christians are to sit back with are hands in our pockets and wait for Jesus to make things better. Christians are definitely supposed to go out and find the lowly of the Earth and help them. Christ commanded this. But, what I was getting at, is that the world will never be perfect, even with our best and most successful efforts until Christ comes to reign. This is because of man's inherent sin problem.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join