It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet 51 - New disclosure movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not sure if this is new here, cant see a posting, just wondering if anyone else has noticed the new movie?
Its from handmade films, features an astronaut landing on a planet full of aliens, and deals with how they all cope with the situation.

www.planet51.com...[]

Edutainment? Propaganda for the kids? Part of the disclosure movement?

Or am I just paranoid?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sci-fi movies have been made for over 100 years now, none of which have led to or had anything to do with disclosure.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's a childrens animation, lampooning the UFO movement and the USA of the 1950's. Trying too hard? Definitely.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Fair comment!

I was just interested in the idea that introducing the subject of alien life to the masses might just be a tad easier if you get them used to the idea first.
Where better to start than with the open, receptive minds of children.

Theres a wealth of material suggesting that's what Close encounters and ET were about, and this production seemed to be in the same mold.

And Planet 51? coincidence?, or are children aware of the groom lake legend?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Popcorn movie entertainment for sure.

I went to see District 9 last weekend, now that was a movie.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I just love the idea of reversing the role and having a human from earth being portrayed as the "alien" on another inhabited planet. OK, so it's a kids movie, but at least it opens the minds of the next generation or makes them more immune to the whole subject... which is what the goal is isn't it?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Venetian]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's just a kids movie, bro'. This has nothing to do with disclosure.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Sometimes a duck is just a duck, and sometimes a movie is just a movie. This is just entertainment. On a side note, it's looks funny, looking forward to seeing it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icerider
...And Planet 51? coincidence?, or are children aware of the groom lake legend?

The name "Area 51" is very well known and has become part of American folklore.

Some young children may have never heard of it, but there's a very good chance that their parents and older siblings have heard of it. I'm sure there were many young children who didn't know who "Pocahontas" was when the Disney movie came out.

[edit on 11/13/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by zaiger

And Planet 51? coincidence?, or are children aware of the groom lake legend?

Yes, Tomb raider 3,Perfect Dark, Metal Gear solid and Area 51 were four video games that featured it.
It was also in Knight ridder and a superman comic.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

(1) Edutainment? (2) Propaganda for the kids? (3) Part of the disclosure movement?

(4) Or am I just paranoid?

Answers to your questions: (1) Yes. (2) No. (3) Maybe. (4) Probably.

Like THIS ONE, and yes, many before and yet to come - this movie will attract plenty of conspirators and skeptics, naysayers and followers, sheeple and the "who cares" crowd. The kids could care less - they'll eat it up. It sells.

It may be a part of disclosure. It may not. But there is no denying that the quantity, variety, and intensity of such popular media, in movies, games, and culture, have seen a marked increase in recent years.

Is it an attempt to see if we humble humans are "ready"? Perhaps.

Are we ready? Some are, some are not. Some have always been ready. Some will never be ready. To each his own.

Tin Foil hats, anyone?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
the movie is proven disninfo like the 4th kind, we discussed the NWO/CIA/NSA connections to both these fake motion-films in several other threats (topic holders)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Or maybe its just a kids film playing on popular culture -_-

new topics

top topics

join