It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds move to seize N.Y. skyscraper, 4 mosques

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Now Obama is in charge, many are willing to accept war upon the Muslim community. Why's that? Because he's a God like figure with so many willing to bow down and kiss the feet of their "leader."

One part of Obama bashers call him a closet Muslim and maybe a terrorist sympathizer. The other part calls him a Muslim-hater who's about to visit "a war upon Muslim community". Guys, this is schizophrenia. Make up your mind.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
It amazes me that no matter how much one points out the obvious in these matters others still post, some at great length and eloquence even, that this entire farce of a conflict centers on religious affiliation.

As the above poster stated, you are more likely to be hit by a bus immediately following a lightning strike than to run into a "radical islamist" at the shopping mall tomorrow and die from terrorism here in america.

This entire charade is one of Goverment string-pulling. And sure, with enough string-pulling, you will have people "crack" (Ft. Hood)... But then, conviently, that becomes just another part of the screenplay. In fact, one that is likely counted on as it only serves to further the "agenda" that this is a holy affair.

NO!!!!! This is a global economic hegemony afair and it has run its course.
DO NOT LET IT CONTINUE, people! PLEASE!

We must recognize this for what it truly is!
It is coming to a close, let it. Do not trumpet up holy war. Do not support the politicains who are sworn to support you who clearly do not and even LAUGH ABOUT IT!

I am glad you posted in this forum and saved me the trouble. I just don't have the energy to try to open people's eyes anymore. It is so clear to me that it pains me to see people actually think that these wars are justifiable fights.

The military industrial complex is the largest economic contributer to the USA. The USA is slipping into economic depression and our current wars have not helped as much as we wanted. We need more wars in order to save the economy and ensure those at top continue unrealistic wealth accumulation.

I do disagree with you about the US becoming isolationist. I'd like it if we did though - what would the world be like if we used our military to just protect our sovereign borders and not to imperialistically claim the natural resources that belong to other countries? Imagine if we had some alternative energy source that made M.E. oil unnecessary? We could pull out of that region and tell them to do what they want. Wow, that would be nice. Of course, that cannot happen unless we change everything about American life. Bringing the soldiers home will add to unemployment, and we would stop spending obscene amounts of money on military production. That cannot happen.

The provocation of Iran is clearly manufactured to gain public support for military action. You cannot convince 300 million Americans that military action is necessary unless you make them feel threatened. I expect more shootings or bombings on US soil before we go to war with Iran though.

Remember folks, follow the money. Who profits from radical Islam? Who profits from war? Who profits from a highly polar dual party system in the United States?

If you believe that all Muslims want 'death to America' and it is just a matter of 'us versus them' and we are 'fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here', then do you also believe there is a different between a Republican president and a Democrat president?

Open your eyes people, and stop being led right into the trap. Manipulation is easy in religion, nationalism, and society when you control the news and money.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Now Obama is in charge, many are willing to accept war upon the Muslim community. Why's that? Because he's a God like figure with so many willing to bow down and kiss the feet of their "leader."

One part of Obama bashers call him a closet Muslim and maybe a terrorist sympathizer. The other part calls him a Muslim-hater who's about to visit "a war upon Muslim community". Guys, this is schizophrenia. Make up your mind.

Make up my mind about what? I never called him a Muslim or a terrorist sympathizer.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Make up my mind about what? I never called him a Muslim or a terrorist sympathizer.

I know you didn't -- other people did (see the thread here on ATS how's he a secret Muslim and how he's playing into the hands of islamists). Both assertions can't be true at the same time. By "making up your mind", I was addressing public and not you in particular.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Radical Islam (or anything else) is a threat. It's who we're in a war with, maybe not stated as such, but it's who we're fighting oversees. If this is going to help us prevent another attack (and get us 1 step closer to bring our troops back) then the feds have my support. I'd rather offend people than watch them die.

Some of you need to re-read Fahrenheit 451 and think about the logic of political correctness and submitting the masses to the minorities.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

Real extremists may very well create a bad appearance, but so long as no one is persecuting Muslims in general because of this erroneously stereotypical media appearance I'm not going to have a problem.

I'm just too aware of how easy it is for most Americans to fail to make that critical distinction.

Really? Because you've seen examples of Americans rounding up Muslims and beheading them? What exactly makes you so aware that Americans are unable to distinguish between radical extremists who use religion as an excuse to murder and Muslims who do not?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wow I can't believe the people that post comments on MSNBC.

Take this one for example.

Freedom of reilgion is one thing, but the Muslims are no more than an out of control CULT and need to controlled and NOT allowed to get a stronger foot hold in this country. The recent events are proving that ANY of them can go NUTS...

Part of the same post...

Deport them all and send them to the Middle East. If we do not make a move QUICKLY, America will be in the same shape as Europe. Flooded with a HUGE amount of Islamic Extremist that will soon be out of control.

That post got 30 'votes', compared to say 3 or 4 which most other posts got.

How cringe-worthy. I can't stand some of the people in this place.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by free_form]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I added Radical; I do not hate people who practice their religion privately and with some decorum. You seem to have jumped the gun their pal I am not talking like Hitler I am talking as someone who has worked with the military and experienced extreme Muslim views and actions first hand. I am merely stating my feelings, radical Muslims have no place in this society, I have no problems with Muslims that want to follow their religion in a manner that does not have an impact on my society or life, is that something Hitler would say ???? Get your facts right and read posts fully before crying for the mods to come, it only makes you look foolish and one of the PC crowd with no spine
I am very intelligent and love to discuss all topics on this fine site, this is the last time I will discuss Radical Muslims as all you get is named after someone my family died defeating 60 years ago, this is the reason our society is failing, people are too afraid to speak out as they will be label`d as something they hate. I have nothing more to add to the subject.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
To put this thread back on topic... It is about time that the Feds started doing this and stopped worrying about GD political correctness. Terror suspects have been shielded by their "religion" and their Mosques for long enough.

Granted not all mosques are subject to seizure but, with proper surveillance and evidence we need to bring down the mosques that are giving shelter and aid to suspected terrorists in this country. Sadly, they have been protected by the very people and laws that they seek to destroy. They know that and have taken advantage of our legal system.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am not racist or relisgious etc.

But taking a big step back from things, it appears that it's Muslims in the World causing most of the problems, like blowing themselves up and wanting to kill others so they go to heaven with all these maids etc.

When I flew to Toronto from London Heathrow, we had some muslim looking people on board and they were really searched well and questoned like you won't believe. Lots of people were looking at them strangely before we boarded the flight too.

They only have themselves to blame really!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by bsbray11

Yes, you are correct...however, I do not remember the Jews having a radical sect that was hell bent at ending Germany's way of life.

No you had a German group who was hell bent on ending non-German lives (Jews were not the only victims).

I have seen this all before however and it was with Iraq. A lot happened, lots of finger pointing and then gestures make it appear as if the aggressor was this unknown nation in Iraq and the only line of defense was the BS being retorted on the MSM.

I don't think we will see a war with Iran yet however you will see the beginnings of a future war much in the same way the case was put together for attacking Iraq (and 9/11 happened to give that opportunity).

If you cut through all the prejudice you get this story:

Federal Goverment siezes $500 million dollars to fill their empty coffers

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
Yes, you are correct...however, I do not remember the Jews having a radical sect that was hell bent at ending Germany's way of life.

You miss the whole point that the Germans were convinced that Jews were a threat to national security (by controlling all the banks, etc.).

Muslims aren't a real threat to us, either. And yet the media is trying to brainwash us into being paranoid of them, fearing them, and learning to hate them. You have greater chances of dying in a lightning strike. Let's invade the sky before we invade Iran or Syria, please.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I know you didn't -- other people did (see the thread here on ATS how's he a secret Muslim and how he's playing into the hands of islamists). Both assertions can't be true at the same time. By "making up your mind", I was addressing public and not you in particular.

OOHH...sorry, my bad.

Good point though

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Muslims aren't a real threat to us, either. And yet the media is trying to brainwash us into being paranoid of them, fearing them, and learning to hate them. You have greater chances of dying in a lightning strike. Let's invade the sky before we invade Iran or Syria, please.

You are really fond of the lightening strike analogy eh? I think you've worn that one out.

Besides the fact that it isn't relevant. But that won't stop you from using it again I'm sure.

Do me a favor will you? Explain to those who lost loved ones on 9/11 or at Ft Hood that Muslim extremists are no real threat.

You do serve a purpose though. The extremists count on finding enough useful idiots to run interference for them. Good work.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
You are really fond of the lightening strike analogy eh? I think you've worn that one out.

I'll have worn it out when it finally sinks into your skull.

So far, it's just in one proverbial ear and out of the other. Maybe if I pound it long enough it will stay for a bit.

Do me a favor will you? Explain to those who lost loved ones on 9/11 or at Ft Hood that Muslim extremists are no real threat.

Certainly. What those people experienced was tragic, but also an exceptional case. It is no justification for holding a grudge against all Muslims all over the world -- 1/5 of the world's entire population.

In Iraq and Afghanistan our own soldiers kill more innocent people than that on a regular basis, but it's not reported, because no one wants to hear about that. No one wants to hear about how we accidentally bombed a wedding and killed a bunch of innocent people, or how we bombed a residential area, etc. If you fail to make the connection here then you are just being racist. Killing is killing. It's tragic, but it happens every day and Islam is not to blame for all of it. That is a racist attitude, end of story.

You do serve a purpose though. The extremists count on finding enough useful idiots to run interference for them. Good work.

A useful idiot is someone who's going to be waving a flag for the US when it rolls into Iran or Syria and kills tens of thousands of people for little nothings like this. This event is so exaggerated in your head, it's ridiculous. The VA Tech shootings killed more people and that guy was Chinese; maybe you should be bashing all Chinese people instead?

If you want to rant and rave about this extremist murderer, go ahead. Don't try and transfer that to 1/5 of the world's population, of which 99.99% are just as peaceful as I am. And more peaceful than you, who apparently want to start your own "jihad" against them.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

If you want to rant and rave about this extremist murderer, go ahead. Don't try and transfer that to 1/5 of the world's population, of which 99.99% are just as peaceful as I am. And more peaceful than you, who apparently want to start your own "jihad" against them.

Please point out where I have even ONCE tried to transfer the actions of the extremist murdering pigs to all Muslims.

When you are unable to do so, I expect you to admit that you have falsely accused me. If I don't see an apology here by this time tomorrow, I will report your actions.

I will await your apology.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

You won't get such an apology until you stop making a point of this guy's religion and start making a point of the fact that he was an extremist and very possibly mentally unstable.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

You won't get such an apology until you stop making a point of this guy's religion and start making a point of the fact that he was an extremist and very possibly mentally unstable.

He is a Muslim extremist. There is ample evidence of that...including his own words. You accused me of attempting to make the case that all Muslims are terrorists.

That was a lie. You have refused to apologize even though you know I never suggested such a thing.

What does that say about you?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

What is the significance of him being a MUSLIM extremist as opposed to any other kind of extremist nutjob?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
9/11 conspiracy theory would say we placed reasons into their
mind to attack us again.

This may be the old Illuminati play of creating enemies and
profiting from the conflict.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join