It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospital blocked MSNBC photographer access to Teen injured by Swine Flu Shot Medical Chart, even tho

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Supposedly the hospital does not want to allow MSNBC the info because they think it would spread panic. OK... so basically they don't want people to doubt and then not want to take the vaccine.

So you see whose side the Hospital is on? They parents gave permission and yet they don't want that coming out, but it's OK for the media to tout doctors like Nancy Snyderman telling people the vaccine is safe with dogmatic fervor instead of telling people both sides of the story.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

A hospital spokesman, Tony Raker, declined further comment on Jordan's case. When an msnbc.com photographer asked to view Jordan's chart, even with his father's permission, hospital officials refused.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Pocky]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Of course the hospital isn't going to let someone film a patient's chart- especially that of a minor. It doesn't matter what the case is, they have liability and privacy issues to contend with.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
s & f! most of us from day 1 knew the swine flu vaccine caused more problems then solutions

[edit on 11/12/09 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

The parents gave permission.

(sorry if this is a double post)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I see no reason to film the chart either. Msnbc is capable of covering this story without a picture of it.

There needs to be some word put on the msm, an interview with the doctor and family if possible, but I see no reason for us to need to broadcast his medical chart.

That said, when is msnbc going to start talking about this on tv? I must have missed it.

“There are events that follow vaccination. That’s what they are, they happened to follow vaccination."

Vaccines are double plus good?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Maybe the Photographer didn't intend to photograph it, just to look over it, he had the parents permission to do so, but the hospital didn't let him.

I really hope they took video of the kid to see how he looks with the Guillaine Bar Syndrome. I want to know how bad it is since he's only had it since 5 days ago.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
A patients' observation chart is confidential information as is other medical information. I am not savvy to US medical law but in the UK the fact that his parents gave permission is neither here nor there. The hospital was merely protecting the patients' confidentiality.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think there's a conspiracy here, I just think that it's pretty obvious that hospitals would never be able to dislose stuff like that because of its confidentiality.

Might as well go to a bank and ask a teller if you can take a photograph of someone's bank account records, complete with name, personal information, and their PIN number(s). It's somewhat the same deal. No conspiracy, just a badly thought idea.

The fact that this warrants an article is just adding to swine flu hysteria, and it's not as if the world doesn't already have enough of that.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If the parents want MSNBC to see it why not just request a copy, black out any private info and give it to MSNBC?

I'm going to see where this goes before calling conspiracy, but it is important to watch. If the parents really want this information out there and the hospital still obstucts we've still got a story.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't know, I think it's the hospital's responsibility to not let details like that slip out. It's just one of those silly things. I'm sure they'd do the same if the person had the common cold.

It's just all about procedure. It can seem really stupid, but it's just one of those things.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Why are the media so gung ho on photographing this chart at this hospital yet they won't go to a hospital in "Hawaii" and photograph a certain birth certificate?

Back on topic...

Understanding HIPAA Privacy
The Privacy Rule provides federal protections for personal health information held by covered entities and gives patients an array of rights with respect to that information. At the same time, the Privacy Rule is balanced so that it permits the disclosure of personal health information needed for patient care and other important purposes.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Its not the parents private information to give out, it is the patients' information. Whilst in the care of the hospital, it is the hospitals duty of care to keep prying eyes away.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I support the hospital in this
But
The parents can request and get a copy of all the medical records.
Then if they want, they can make them public.

top topics

join