It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing: Millitary Free America!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree

I can sympathize with your problem.

You say you have not voted for these presidents or congressional representatives who are in office. In the US the majority have voted for these people. So they are legally in these offices. Nothing we can do about that. If you alone cannot fix the problem how can you expect one soldier to stand against all of these people who believe that the President and Congress have a right to put us into these wars.

It doesn't matter if it's one soldier, that one soldier is doing the duty he took an oath to do, it also would send a message to other soldiers and give them the inspiration to do the same, and it would send a message all the way to Washington.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

It doesn't matter if it's one soldier, that one soldier is doing the duty he took an oath to do, it also would send a message to other soldiers and give them the inspiration to do the same, and it would send a message all the way to Washington.

I guess we can't agree about who should be "fixing" this problem. I do believe, because this is America, that it is the responsibility of the citizens to "fix" this problem if it is viewed as one. Thank you for your input.

Mahree

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I think what needs to be done is downsize he military and have an advanced home gaurd , much like japan or some other no warring countries like switzerland.
You dont need to have armies in other countries around the world to DEFEND your country , doesnt defence take part in your own half ?

so downsize your military to a reasonable number ,each country should have the same number of troops and military hardware.
toughen border controls

lets look at it this way invasion of america will likely never happen if they reduce their army and have only a homegaurd.

What do you have to worry about anyways most americans are packing , and they certainly aint going to let tom dick or harry from any other country come waltzing in unchecked are they.

So why do countries need to have huge armies , they dont , if we leave each other to get on with their own thing , downsize all aspects of armed forces we can achieve peace.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Have you not read the art of war... the best form of defence is attack

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 12212012

I'm not sure what your guns are going to do for you when a tank is crashing through your neighborhood. Yes we have guns, but you lack strategy and tactics. I don't really think you and your buddies will be able to put a dent in a well trained infantry platoon with armor support.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I can sympathize with your problem.

You say you have not voted for these presidents or congressional representatives who are in office. In the US the majority have voted for these people. So they are legally in these offices. Nothing we can do about that. If you alone cannot fix the problem how can you expect one soldier to stand against all of these people who believe that the President and Congress have a right to put us into these wars.

you are exactly right. How about it starts with you. Either you join the military, and be the first to stand up, or sit back and have a nice hot cup of hypocritical tea. Quit waiting for someone else to change things for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifist1988

this Utopian society you speak of, where is it located? I should like to visit it one day.

Sadly, greed and lust for power will never let your ideas be anything more than that. I think world leaders should fight in a cage match to the death event in order to solve wars. You want a war, YOU fight it. But that ain't how the game is played.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
And to all those who keep claiming that is the US was invaded and we had no military, the citizens would stand up and fight. Yes, but the citizens are unorganized. The group in Arline Texas would not know what is going on in Lincoln Nebraska. Nd nobody would know where the heaviest concentration of enemy troops was. But if we got organized...........wait.......then we would an army. Nevermind.

Yea I saw Red Dawn. I know nothing like that will ever happen here. Because we have a military.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

you are exactly right.

Thank you :]

How about it starts with you. Either you join the military, and be the first to stand up, or sit back and have a nice hot cup of hypocritical tea. Quit waiting for someone else to change things for you.

I shouldn't have to join the military to give them the kick in the ass to uphold the oath they took, it's not my job, it's theres.

And how exactly am I being a hypocrite? As far as I know i'm not in the armed forces and didn't take an oath, hence anything i've said couldn't be hypocritcal.

Attack the message, not the messenger.

[edit on 11/13/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Nevermind, you didn't say somebody advocated for having no military.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I guess we can't agree about who should be "fixing" this problem. I do believe, because this is America, that it is the responsibility of the citizens to "fix" this problem if it is viewed as one. Thank you for your input.

Mahree

Those who took oaths should be the one fixing the problem. That would be the politicans and the armed forces, you know the ones that swore to protect and defend that raggity piece of paper some call the constitution.

Damn i've said that statement atleast 50 times in this thread.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

so it' someone elses problem. Nice. If you want change, be the catalyst. Talking about things doesn't fix it. in other words, Lead, follow, or GTF out of the way.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
"If there was no military in the United States, there would be no wars, there would be no hunger, there would be no problems...... for you. You would be dead. Some small country, probably like Columbia or Venezuela would stroll in here and kill you and take your stuff. All of it."

How would such a country deal with the millions of gunowners and the police force? Is this not the point of people owning guns?

[edit on 13-11-2009 by rob_widener]

[edit on 13-11-2009 by rob_widener]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

so it' someone elses problem. Nice. If you want change, be the catalyst.

You are not making sense. So what you are saying is that I should join the military to give them the inspiration to do THERE job to abide by THERE Oath that THEY took. There and the politicians incompetence isn't my fault, but it is doing more harm than good for this country, thanks.

And there is NO problem, I'm just simply saying abide by the oath they took, it's not my fault they can't get that, and it's not my problem. That's damn right.

How exactly could or would it be my problem that they can't do that?

Talking about things doesn't fix it. in other words, Lead, follow, or GTF out of the way.

I don't just 'talk'. I do what a civilian does, I travel far and wide to protest. Write my representatives and when that doesn't work I stalk them to give them a piece of my mind. I'm doing my job here at home, thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

as far as I am concerned, I followed my oath. I continue to. You seem to be the one thinking they(the military) needs to do something different. You think they need to stand up and say they won't fight. We, soldiers need leadership. Be that leader. You want change, make change happen. that is my point to you. You can't complain about what other people aren't doing and think that by protesting you are changing anything.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

so it' someone elses problem. Nice. If you want change, be the catalyst. Talking about things doesn't fix it. in other words, Lead, follow, or GTF out of the way.

That is what I was taught when I went in by my T.I. long, long ago.
It ran true, and I have followed that all my life to the best of my ability.
I have used it as my sig most place I go.
It is simple, and it really works well, no pissing around, just do the task at hand.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

as far as I am concerned, I followed my oath.

If you fought in Iraq, think again.

I continue to. You seem to be the one thinking they(the military) needs to do something different. You think they need to stand up and say they won't fight. We, soldiers need leadership. Be that leader. You want change, make change happen. that is my point to you.

Leadership to follow the oath they took, is the military really that incompetent? I never thought so. It doesn't take leadership to abide by the oath, if you can't do that then thats nothing but incompetence.

You can't complain about what other people aren't doing and think that by protesting you are changing anything.

I and many others have changed many policies on the local and state government level so don't spout that crap saying protesting does nothing. It draws media attention to certain issues and spreads the message to people who otherwise don't know whats going on, so yeah it does do something. Atleast i'm standing up for the constitution in what ways I can here in the US and not sitting there behind a computer screen spouting rhetoric like some people (that wasn't directed at you).

The fact is the war is unconstitutional and illegal, i've referenced it many times in this thread and won't do it again.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I think you've all got it wrong. The whole point here is what do you think would happen if the working class American, which makes up a good percentage, decided we've lost all confidence in the government and had to take matters into our own hands? Our own military would be on the front lines against us with no choice because they are puppets and all do what they are told. This will happen someday and I only hope that every Military officer has enough brains to think for themselves, because they are part of that working class percentage. Refering to them being heroes, well the fact that they shouldn't even be in the middle east should decide that fate. How can yu be a hero in a place where your country is stealing resources and building military bases? the answer is. YOU CAN'T. I have several friends who are there now and don't want to be, but why did they sign up? Easy, good money with great benifits. They make is so appealing when there is no good that comes out of war....it just creates more problems. I think it's time to stop fighting like imature idiots and grow up and evolve as a RACE, and stop torturing the planet.....we have no other place to go once we've destroyed mother Earth. That's my 2 cents worth. Peace my friends....it's time to wake up.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

as far as I am concerned, I followed my oath.

If you fought in Iraq, think again.

And therein lies the problem. For many of these "soldiers" it's much easier to just deny the painful truth. It takes quite a bit of effort and sacrifice to bring about necessary change to the status quo. Let's just pretend the change is not necessary -- much easier.

Ignorance really is bliss!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Every true honorable human being only has one goal in life and that is to be the best human being they possibly can be. Only an idiot would put themselves in a position whereby they allow themselves to be dictated too by politicians or governments that are morally beneath them. These people are nothing but tools.
These people don't understand the true meaning of honor, but no doubt they'll continue to delude themselves that they do.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by kindred]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join