It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing: Millitary Free America!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

You will be fighting for the evil empire! It's not like the old days anymore. You will be microchipped, stuck with tons of chemicals, and brainwashed. Good luck King Sheep! If you ever get an order to do something unconstitutional and you decide to follow it, God help your soul!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by centurion1211

I know the name calling is not necessary, but what I really want to say to these kids, I can't here. And smacking the crap out of them doesn't seem to be an option.

I don't think they are Americans, and simply don't know better because they have been indoctrinated to hate America, Americans and our military. There's really no point in arguing with them. Either that, or they are just trolls who want stars from other trolls, or other anti-Americans.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I agree with the OP 100% That other thread made me throw up a little bit in my mouth.... nasty.

BTW - I don't need shearing.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Invading a country who had not attacked America: Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq- is not an act of heroism, it is a criminal act that never did us any favors and only breeds more terror. Do any of you have any idea of how much these wars cost us?

World War 1 was a battle between kings and World War 2 was caused by World War 1. World War 2 is probably the only war where there had been reasonable cause- the rest was just an exercise in terror and there is no heroism in terror. Seriously. Ask yourself this question: If China attacked America and we resisted, does it make us terrorists in their eyes?

I don't believe that anybody who fought in any wars are heroes- they are just tools, instruments of destruction- lest we forget who really caused all these wars- powerful men and women such as the Rothschilds and Rocketfellers who wanted it all while paying no mind to the suffering of those on the receiving end, on both sides.

War is not glorious, nor is it good or holy.

Is a hero a mother or father who sacrifices for child, or a soldier who shreds the 'enemy' du jour to pieces?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think the point many tend to make about the military is not that ALL of the military consists of evil beings, but that many abuse their power. Iraq is a superb example as well Vietnam...

But, good thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The idea if we had no military there would be no war and things would be better is not only stupid but naive. Would we then be invaded? Countries would try and a county such as China or Russia might succeed, with a very big might. We are a very heavily armed society and a very large land mass. The number of troops needed to maintain control of the non-sheep population and ex-military would by necessity have to be huge.
The biggest problem is not would the US be invaded but what would stop certain powers from invading Europe, South Korea, Japan or any number of scenarios. For the most part the populations of Europe and Japan are unarmed and could not even attempt to resist and we all know about what the French would do. Yes they have their own military, but without the US to give them some backbone it would be easier if they just surrendered before they are all killed.
The US military is what prevents the rest of the world falling into total chaos.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

But..but..but... What about the war in Afghanistan? What about the war in Iraq? They are so evil and they are wasting our monies!!! That money that went to pay for those wars could of stayed in my pocket so I could go spend it on some other me-orientated, selfish goal! That's why we shouldn't pay taxes! Also, if America didn't have a military, thank of all the more money we could save, we could spend it all on ourselves. And those soldiers! They are not heroes. They kill and destroy and they are not defending me, but they are defending the country as a whole. That is just despicable.

/sarcasm

A great post, OP! A S+F for you, sir. I whole-heartily agree with you. People who think they pick out minorities and judge them for the whole are ignorant. People who say that being in the "aggressive branch" of the government (aka military) are really just as terrible as those who make the obviously terrible decisions are miss-informed. It's not blind patriotism and it's not ignorant nationalism; it's respect. Sure, the wars may not be justified, but you need a military. Regardless of what people say, if none of the world's countries had a military, there would be even more death, really! Human nature is selfish, and smart people consider others over themselves. Fortunately, there are still people like that in Government (believe it or not) and because of that, we see better outcomes than if it were total anarchy.

It's nice to see people with respect despite these trying times on these forums.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I am glad to see a thread that tells it like it is. These dumb kids and europeans just dont get it. By bending over and taking it they are helping the very people they hate. Look around do any of you think america can go on like this?

I fear we have reached the tipping point in attitude and the powers that be know this and that is why they are acting more bold everday. They used to hide it but now it is your face why is that? I believe we have reached end game I hope I am wrong but only time will tell.

Thank you OP you get my star and flag virginity. And it could not go to a better thread!!

Subjective Truth

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for another opportunity.
Intelligence must have been a factor in the thread you mention.
He wan't even prepared enough to recognise Thomas Jefferson.
Admitedly I may not have I.D.ed the portrait in one answer but in two for sure.
It was clear he didn't even realise , "the old guy with the long white wig" was a founding father. pretty bad.

OMG there he is.LOL

[edit on 12-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

You are so right and i am saddened to say that it has become a reality amongst the American people. To m any want to be protected and not enough want to protect. I salute you for your decision to serve and i only wish i could myself. I tried but was turned away by all branches of the armed forces due to a record from when i was 18. Before i was turned away though i got the same opinions you had received from my family and friends about how my potential and intelligence was far beyond one who should serve. Again i salute you, God bless you and all of your family

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Totally agreed. Some people are just ignorant and enjoy swinging at shadows, I guess.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think the big problem with our military is that it is miss-used. Soldiers are not police, that crap started after the cold war ended and Clinton was president. Remember all those "police actions" we partook in? The military is for blowing things up for the most part. Even the soldiers who are in mo's like combat engineer's, notice the first part is combat? They build things yes, but with a military purpose. All that rant aside our soldiers are a representation of our people. Yea there are some real scum bags wearing the uniform, but you have that everywhere. Remember during the first gulf war a Canadian paratroop unit was reported to have abused some Iraqi's? The US gets called out more because we have more troops and it evens the playing field.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is a subject that is quite personal to me, coming from a very military family with veterans of many ranks as well as relatives and friends still serving. I have had also a dear friend killed by IED in Afghanistan several years ago, so it is not my intent to insult, belittle, or accuse any military service personnel of wrongdoing in any shape or form.

With that out of the way, I would like to bring to mind a scene from Spielberg's "Schindler's List" that is relevant to the topic and puts forth quite clearly the argument I wish to present.

It involves Oskar Schindler, Nazi, businessman, and savior to thousands, discussing his past businesses with his wife. He tells her "there was one thing missing in all the businesses that I started, one element absent from all my business ventures."
"What was it?" she asks.
He looks at her in the eyes and says "War."

I believe the joke's on us, folks.

Surely there are fellow conspiracy people on this forum that understand what I mean, but don't take my word for it, do your own research. It's simple, follow the money. Who is making money off of these conflicts? It is not the soldier, the grunt, the enlisted personnel or even the officer core (with maybe a few exceptions). No, what I speak of is the international banking cartels that have been playing us, the common folk, the fool for centuries.
Take the current conflicts for example, Halliburton, Lockheed Martin, Boeing and many other companies line their pockets with government contracts to build bombs, bullets, guns, tanks, etc....
Billions of dollars are spent to engage in the grand money maker: war. Much like the serfs of old in the middle ages, we are coporate serfs who have watched our beloved country tear itself apart whilst the bankers and "men behind the curtain" laugh at us all the way to the bank. Just look around you, the options for young men like me seem to be limiting themselves to dead end service industry servants, medical staff, prison inmate, or military person. That's not an accident.
Think of it, you have the perfect product (bombs, guns, planes, etc) that by its very nature is consumed literally in firery destruction in old man's wars fueled with empty rhetoric that serves to perpetuate this business. Of course our service personnel are having trouble with morale! The illusion is starting to break down, this paradigm of human experience is seeing its own end. To think of America as a "city at the top of the hill" "threatened" by other "dictators" such as Chavez and that a military free America would result in tyranny is beside the point, sir. WE ARE IN A TYRANNY!!!!!! This should be common knowledge on a website such as this. Need I direct you to the many wonderful whisteblowers, reporters, and truthseekers that have broken down this masquerade????!!!!! I think not!!
Again, I wish to imply that although I disagree with you, I will defend your right to speak your mind, nothing is more "American" than that. It is not my intention to spark differences or create tension, we are humans in this together whether we are American, Venezulan, Iraqi, or Korean. To truly buy into the rhetoric of "us against them" is to fuel the very machine that has come to dominate and subjugate our formerly free and open society.
Do not think that I am suggesting that there is not a need for defense or a national identity. I am suggesting that it is WE (the Federal Government) who are the agressors and WE are the ones who have become the colonialists and the imperialists. To suggest that we are under threat from democratically elected (yet controversial) leaders of other nations is to buy into the same rhetoric and manipulation that lead to the invasion of Poland in 1938 and the waste and deception that was Vietnam.
Sir, it is the same people who steal our wealth and take our children to fight overseas that are feeding this lie that has become the military industrial complex....

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
after attempting to discuss points in the thread about how Those who have served were not heroes, and not being able to communicate due to low quantities of intelligence, I decided to open up this topic.

There are apparently quite a few extremely ignorant little kids who think that Our military is made up of evil people. They are condemning the soldiers in an effort to appear intelligent with their peers.

I'm sorry to break up your strawman argument, but I doubt there are very many that have been personally attacking the soldiers. Criticisms of the war have always been targeted toward the politicians who've started and committed our military to unjustified or poorly planned engagements. One thing I have actually noticed is the neocon defense mechanism that immediately associated criticism of the war with a lack of patriotism or a hatred of America. If a senator or representative wanted to criticize outrageous spending in the middle east, he or she was immediately said to hate our soldiers and want them to be killed due to a lack of financial support. Dissent has been silenced for years using this method. Even those who had lost family on September 11th or in the "war on terror" were chastised for speaking out against the war.

This thread is a perfect example because it significantly exaggerates an allegedly pervasive feeling of personal animosity towards soldiers following orders in order to discourage criticism of US foreign policy. I would hope that most people aren't foolish enough to fall for this type of rhetoric. Certain authorities know that they cannot overtly destroy free speech so they engage in these games with the goal of stigmatizing particular subjects.

People need to continue to ask questions about these wars. Explore who has profited from these actions. Examine civilian deaths with the same scrutiny you would show if they had died in Chicago or New York. Innocent civilians dying is a tragedy regardless of where it occurs in the world. Place the same value on their deaths in Iraq that you would had they died in New York.

Do not let chickenhawk neocons tell you what is or is not taboo. Keep an open mind and be a critical thinker.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wow another thread where someone talks down to other people that they perceive some how malign the view of soldiers.

I did'nt know soldiers could be so petty and butt hurt - those little children as you call them are using there freedoms to disagree with you, and the very notion that you can't accept that makes you more of a child than them.

If they think soldiers are bad your whining is just reinforcing it.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
When a country it trillions of dollars in debt spending billions on weapons should not be the main money eating project of the government. Now i believe in using the military to help protect our country, but we dont have to use them. We should keep the military here and take care of our own problems first befor we try to help out another country. As the saying goes how can you help somone if you cant even help yourself

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am in the US Army Infantry. I think that immediately following 9/11 many people who enlisted were probably doing so in a spirit of what you might describe as "bravery" or "gallantry", the whole hero thing. A taste of combat usually cures them of this condition.

Now, 8 years later, what I see mainly is alot of adventurous young people who want a taste of action. Many of them speak longingly of getting the opportunity to kill. Some just needed a job. I think that they are very typical of soldiers throughout history.

The only people you ever hear discussing heroism are mothers and politicians. I don't even hear senior NCO's talking that crap. Occasionally an Officer will come through and tell us that we're noble in some way or another but I don't think they believe it.

It's hard to deny that battlefield bravery is not worthy of a "heroic" thrown in somewhere as an adjective. But I feel that that's an entirely different thing. That could occur on their side or ours. A Taliban affiliated guy trying to save family or friend is a brave man, yes?

Most of us hate the enemy we fight because they are trying to kill us yet most of us have a grudging respect for their ingenuity and tenacity. I'll still kill them given the chance because that's the stakes of the game.

Whether or not US soldiers are heroes is irrelevant to me. They are not choosing this battle, most would rather not die in the mountains of Waziristan however some would. Some of us are adventurers in the classic sense. No place in the civilian world for us. Lots of hard drinking, hard smoking party animals who can still run a mile in under 6 minutes. The soldier is a dichotomy. More of an antihero.

Ultimately it's a shame when civilians die and a shame to destroy a country but the death of soldiers has always been and will always be inevitable. I feel they should be represented a bit more accurately in the media. Perhaps soldiers on both sides should be called brave and heroism is something that should be understood as subjective.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by hammanderr]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't bash the U.S. military. However I am no hypocrite. I do not support the troops and not the war they're fighting. I don't support them at all. I do not feel an all volunteer military deserves support if I believe them to be fighting unjust wars. Are they ultimately responsible for the wars? No. But they also do not deserve anything from me either for volunteering to engage in them. I never wanted them to in the first place.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well the reason people hate military, and police authority is because your priorities lies where your leaders tell you. If your military leaders tell you an anarchist organization is protesting the wars in front of the white house, your obligation would be to remove them. Those anarchist organization are regular civilians protesting an endless money draining war, but to you they are anarchists.

I salute the military when they do a good job, and not do a corporate job. You might as well put on an Exxon uniform and fight the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join