It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONLY kind of hate allowed on ATS

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pncshn

I don't agree with all moderation policies, either. People that want to talk about 9/11 are labeled "truthers" or even "twoofers," and even though the 9/11 forums are under even stricter moderation against ad hominem, the derogatively-intended "truther" and even "twoofer" are allowed most of the time anyway.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lannock
Yesterday I overheard an interesting conversation in the bus. It was hard not to hear what they had to say since they were speaking quite loud. The conversation was between a young man and a young woman. I'll just break down the basics of what I heard. Everything good that happened to them was though the grace of God. He got a new job "through the grace of God". Not because he had the right qualifications, or he was hard-working, or he had a good personality, or the interviewer liked him, but BECAUSE he was a Bible-thumping church-going Christian.

I'm not trying to condone "hate-speech" against Christians, but I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at.

Sounds to me like you have never understood the concept of "divine providence"

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni Wow, xcowman would be overjoyed if he knew he inspired an entire thread. He must be busy with some type of ritual or something.
Currently, moocowman is banned from posting for an inappropriate remark. He did however ask me to reiterate what has been previously surmised in this thread, that his siggy is a play on the popular christian saying, "Don't hate the sinner, hate the sin."
I notice that you've got rid of your previous siggy that read, "I don't hate xcowman, I just hate what he does." Was that in response to this thread, or for what other reason?
I await your usual dissemination & hostility with resignation.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I believe that, just as mostly everyone else in this country, most christians are ignorant and gullible. Just like evolutionist, christians take someone elses word for it that their beliefs are true without trying to investigate for themselves. They listen to how their churches tell them the bible was and how they should live their lives. No human is perfect we all make mistakes, we all sin, and no one can claim to know everything. It doesn't matter if their a pastor, a scientist, or they claim to be the smartest person in they world always remember that they can make mistakes and they can misinterpret information. Its important to seek knowledge for ourselves just a word of wisdom for people who quote scientitific research to argue against the bible, likewise for christians. If you make arguments about subjects you don't fully understand or can explain you will make yourself look like a fool. If I started reading the last page of a calculus book and then tryd to explain calculus to you what would you think about what I was telling you? or try to explain the theory of relativity? You probaly can't, and if you could I wouldn't believe you because I don't know pysics so it wouldn't make sense, but it doesn't mean it isn't true. Scientist claim to know how the world was created, but can't explain the advanced ancient civilizations, or how the mesopatamians new how to clone and do things we still can't do today. Most christians don't even know that 14 books have been taken out of the original bible that jesus and the diciples used, and how many books are quoted by characters in the bible but are never talked about at church such as the book of enoch. The point is seek knowledge and wisdom keep an open mind don't immediately take things for truth and dont try to teach others to believe in something without being able to back up what you say, and sorry lol that doesn't really relate to the topic. I guess a message for the topic would be if your an christian who knows the bible you should be happy to take all of the bashing, because it telss you that in the times near the tribulation everyone will hate us and that we shall feel glorified to receive the same treatment as our savior.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

If your skin is that thin you may not enjoy your ATS experience. Stay out of the 9/11 forums for sure. Lot of cool people here but also some of the most intolerent, judgemental and humorless folk you'll ever come across. And nobody likes a tattle tale dude. I've been able to avoid name calling, etc. Others still haven't left the sandbox, if you know what I mean. Have a good weekend.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

MODS, please allow an open forum for discussion. No names have been mentioned. Thank you.

Ah, I see you started lunch without me, or am I the main course ?

So I'll "politely " grab a plate if that's ok.

First up you claim to be on the "the fence", your either an xtian or your not.

Second, I don't hate anyone, what's with this hating thread ?I've made it quite clear in my sig so that I can't be accused of hating anyone.

As your not an xtian what's the deal anyway ?their jesusyawhe god doesn't need any help from those that have fallen away, to protect its' flock.

Hate, strange thing this hate let's look at the origin of hate, well hate is an emotion that humans seem to have acquired.
In the xtian paradigm the first reference to hate are the bible and as we know the bibles are inspired by/written by/the word of jesusyawhegod.

Jesusyawhegod is the creator of all that there is (allegedly) and hate whether we like it or not is part of all that there is , so you should thank your former god for hate.

As you appear to have fallen away, your former god hates what you do, unless of course you don't believe in him/it then you wouldn't give a flying monkeys.

I equally don't hate muslims as much as I don't hate xtians and I positively do not detest smurfs.

There you go a nice polite response, hope that clears up the matter so we can all go back to getting on fine.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax

My problem with wanting protection for religion against 'Hate' is that whereas other victims of predujice are attacked for physical charecteristics that they can do nohting about, religion is a choice.

ok

It's wrong to discriminate or preach hatred to someone because of the colour of their skin because they were born that way; it's not something they had any choice about therefore it is unjust to penalise them for it.

Ok

Same with sexuality.

Sexuality isn't something you can see just by looking at someone. You can assume but you never really know unless you ask or they disclose what they are about in that regard. Now if you are saying "sexuality" is not a choice and they can't help that, then what are you trying to say? We shouldn't judge someones lust for children? You have anything conclusive to substantiate this is genetic?

But when someone joins a religion they are making a free choice to ascribe to a set of core beliefs and practises.

Ok

It's entirely appropriate that people who who don't ascribe to those beliefs should be allowed to critique and question them, especially when those beliefs become the basis of a system of power and hence affect other people who don't believe the same thing.

so what are you saying exactly?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Always remember that governments throughout history have always kept information from their people.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I still see a difference between writing the statement in a post, in the heat of the moment, and having such a statement as your signature line.

I know people like to "throw it in your face" but that guy's signature line is simply meant to be demeaning.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bowlbyville
reply to post by bsbray11

I still see a difference between writing the statement in a post, in the heat of the moment, and having such a statement as your signature line.

I know people like to "throw it in your face" but that guy's signature line is simply meant to be demeaning.

get over it, or turn the other cheek, whatever works for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Hi Bombeni how the devil are you,

I note with interest (and also politeness) that your sig is no longer "I don't hate xcowman I hate what he does" why did you sell out? lol

haven't cared much when people attack my views; the thing that is a trigger for me are those that ridicule and say really nasty things about Jesus, the most loving person who ever lived. But then I just consider the source, and say a prayer for them.

But your views are jesus' views by proxy if you don't accept jesus' views he will come back and kill you then torture you forever, so you have no real vies of your own.

the most loving person who ever lived. But then I just consider the source, and say a prayer for them.

How can someone/something that commits genocide, condones rape/slavery/incest/ pedophilia/homophobia/racism and bigotry possibly be considered the most loving person that ever lived ?

Next to your guy Hannibal lecter looks like a saint lol.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bowlbyville

please explain ?

If a cat craps on your rug, do you love the crap or the cat ?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

"I don't hate xcowman I just hate what he does" and it was deleted by a moderator. Does that clear it up?

really? so when it comes to telling the truth and truth be told as you did in that sig, it was deleted by a moderator? I have seen lots of quotes used or said by members here. I wonder what that one says that you are not allowed to say? Are we not allowed to say we hate what someone does? Why would it be any less a slur if we swept a whole group and what they do? Is this any differnent than saying I hate the sin and not the sinner?

Or I don't hate sinners I just hate what they do?

You really had that deleted?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
People hate Christians because they don't mind their own #!@#$!%#&% business. It's an assault on so many fronts I'd run out of page. So why be perplexed over a backlash?

-holier than though
-their way is the only way.. the truth the light blah blah
-believe them of burn for eternity
-forcing their beliefs into our legal systems
-using multiple brainwashing techniques on children as young as 4yrs old
-supporting the 'vatican' who take part in secret pedophilia coverups
-constant complaining of anything in society that THEY find offensive
-don't even get me started on wars and general hypocrisy

It goes on and on. So yes, hatred is a perfect word for these people and well deserved. Do I hate Buddhists? No. Have they ever tried to shove something down my throat? No. etcetcetc

[edit on 13-11-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If your confident in what you believe why does other peoples comments hurt you so much? they obviously pick up on how much it effects you and they take enjoyment out of your response to it. But hey if you want you can report it, no one will know.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by HumbleStudent111]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Actually the vatican is part of the catholic religion.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Regarding xcowman's signature -- I don't hate Christians I just hate what they do --- I adopted a signature: "I don't hate xcowman I just hate what he does" and it was deleted by a moderator. Does that clear it up?

Ah, I see. Eventually someone got round to it. Quite right too, Bombasti. Not nice to have one's username childishly ridiculed is it? A lot more personal than abbreviating the title of a group to which we might belong, eg rep, dem, lab, con, neo-con, lib dem, nat, soc, xtian, mussie, witch, whatever...
Nevermind, your right to couch hostility in non-offensive language has not been affected, nor has anyone else's. As y'all say, "Knock yourself out!" However, please be aware that, if we consider a debate metaphorically, as a boxing match, you come perilously close to doing just that everytime you post.
Hostility, moi? I can't believe I didn't get round to foeing you before... Oh, hang on, it says respected foes.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan

If your skin is that thin you may not enjoy your ATS experience. Stay out of the 9/11 forums for sure. Lot of cool people here but also some of the most intolerent, judgemental and humorless folk you'll ever come across. And nobody likes a tattle tale dude. I've been able to avoid name calling, etc. Others still haven't left the sandbox, if you know what I mean. Have a good weekend.

Sorry man, I have no idea what the heck you are talking about. If you want to compare number of posts, stars or flags to talk about which of us should be telling the other about what to expect on here, then I think you may have it wrong. You're right most on ATS are knowledgeable, witty and extremely intelligent. There are the few which like to spread hate mostly because they lack the intelligence to hold a good discussion. Not sure what you mean by a tattle tale but those that are ignorant or hateful are liked even less on here, bro.

You have a better weekend.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum

Regarding xcowman's signature -- I don't hate Christians I just hate what they do --- I adopted a signature: "I don't hate xcowman I just hate what he does" and it was deleted by a moderator. Does that clear it up?

Ah, I see. Eventually someone got round to it. Quite right too, Bombasti. Not nice to have one's username childishly ridiculed is it? A lot more personal than abbreviating the title of a group to which we might belong, eg rep, dem, lab, con, neo-con, lib dem, nat, soc, xtian, mussie, witch, whatever...
Nevermind, your right to couch hostility in non-offensive language has not been affected, nor has anyone else's. As y'all say, "Knock yourself out!" However, please be aware that, if we consider a debate metaphorically, as a boxing match, you come perilously close to doing just that everytime you post.
Hostility, moi? I can't believe I didn't get round to foeing you before... Oh, hang on, it says respected foes.

Why are you here posting? You aren't adding anything to the thread and have come very close to derailing the thread. Come on man, stay on topic or get out. You aren't doing anyone any favors mate.

And please watch how you end the quotes. You need missed two /quote with the brackets.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumbleStudent111
If your confident in what you believe why does other peoples comments hurt you so much? they obviously pick up on how much it effects you and they take enjoyment out of your response to it. But hey if you want you can report it, no one will know.

Seriously? If you are a humble student then you should learn that assuming is the worst thing you can do. No one said anything about being "hurt". Sure I can ignore hateful remarks but it doesn't do anyone any good to ignore it. ATS prides itself on being a place about open discussion free of hate and ignorance. Do yourself a favor and take some notes. No need to assume, ask before making a statement and don't think that ignoring hate is the same as being above it. You're just as bad by accepting it.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join