Australian Doctors - Breast cancer victims 'could grow new breasts'

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hey ATS!

I think this a great breakthrough if it manages to make it through the human trial okay!

Breast cancer victims 'could grow new breasts'

SCIENTISTS are poised to begin revolutionary surgery to help cancer victims regrow their breasts.

The world-first trial could also change the cosmetic surgery industry by allowing women to grow bigger natural breasts.

The experimental stem cell breast-growing technique - called Neopec - could replace breast reconstructions and implants within years, the Herald Sun reports.

It must be a harrowing ordeal to lose a breast to cancer. Psychologically and physically this method could help heal the wounds for these poor women.

I don't want to quote any more, but in a nutshell:

Scientists from the Bernard O'Brien Institute of Microsurgery in Melbourne will implant fat cells, which will multiple rapidly and be shaped into the breast she lost during cancer surgery.

Fascinating really.

Please read the full article for a more in depth explanation of the technique!

Good luck to em! This could change the lives of hundreds of thousands of women around the world!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Heck Yea!

Forget about finding cures for those silly little problems we call cancer and AIDs.

LETS GROW SOME BOOBIES!!

I'm glad to see that the medical communtiy has their proirities in order.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Come on...there's no money in cures mate!

How are all those millions of poor pharma execs and research scientists and charities and so on going to feed themselves...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Heck Yea!

Forget about finding cures for those silly little problems we call cancer and AIDs.

LETS GROW SOME BOOBIES!!

I'm glad to see that the medical communtiy has their proirities in order.

Oh deary me, I was afraid of that!

But you do have to see the funny side!

Although it has to be said, try losing a ball to cancer and then we'll see how funny we find it!!!

In all seriousness, I hope it works, would be amazing for the women who have had a mastectomy.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

You're right. That was very immature and juvinile. Sorry, but I just couldn't resist.

I am very happy to see them making progress on this issue and hope it can help women to recover from breast cancer.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I hope the doctors can finally get a cure for this awful cancer as it affects alot of women each year

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by kiwifoot

You're right. That was very immature and juvinile. Sorry, but I just couldn't resist.

I am very happy to see them making progress on this issue and hope it can help women to recover from breast cancer.

No mate, I hope you didn't take that the wrong way!?

I believe very passionately in seeing the funny side of life!

And :

LETS GROW SOME BOOBIES!!

Was funny!

I reckon ATS sometimes looses its sense of humour!

So no worries about that post!

And yes, its a serious issue for those who've lost their breasts, but I bet even they will be making up jokes about this one!

All the best, Kiwifoot!

top topics

join