It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Annual Public Service Announcement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
(wasn't sure where to put this, as it is related to both the economy and the ecology, but this is where it would likely end up, so I put it here)

Yup, it's just around the corner. That good old christian capitalist time-o-year .. the Holiday Shopping Season.

And with that, I would like to take this opportunity to ONCE AGAIN remind all you good little obedient citizens out there that "Sending your dollars, your funny money, to China, to employ little elves to make plastic junk so ye all can have a grand old time again this year, could be construed as treasonous and a betrayal to your OWN unemployed!"

Fortunately for some, maybe many this year, those insane little credit cards that allow you to send money that doesn't even exist to China too has been severely hampered, and THAT'S just FANTASTIC!!!

And so, this holiday season, please keep in mind that, every dollar saved not only saves YOU and your soul and your own kind, it saves the planet from being further raped and trashed, so that those you don't give a damn about (the souls of your descendants) may have a place to live tomorrow.

Thank you for your attention. You may now resume your pitiful empty lives in which it seems only plastic imported crap from China is the only thing now possible that seems to bring joy and happiness to your meaningless pitiful existences.

*this message was paid for by the other elves, "The Elves that are against the rape and destruction of planet Earth!"

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Oh, thanks for the reminder! Totally forgot to schedule my XMAS shopping.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Thank you for your attention. You may now resume your pitiful empty lives in which it seems only plastic imported crap from China is the only thing now possible that seems to bring joy and happiness to your meaningless pitiful existences.

Please don't ever presume that my life is pitiful, meaningless or empty.

And an early Christmas wish to you just the same. I hope next year treats you better...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Please don't ever presume that my life is pitiful, meaningless or empty.

Well, if someone needs imported plastic junk from China at the expense of creating more national debt and fostering high domestic unemployment to bring joy to themselves and others during the holidays, what would you call their lives then? Hum?

You want the economy to get better? BOYCOTT imported plastic junk from China made by slave elves working for pennies this holiday season and use those excess discretionary funds to help your fellow citizens enjoy the holiday at home instead of in a homeless shelter eating out of soup kitchens because ya'll think you need unnecessary junk from China and to help their employment situation instead.

Let your conscience guild your shopping holiday this year.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Divinorumus]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yet another fine reason to celebrate FESTIVUS.

The Airing of Grievences is the most delicious part...and wrestling Grandpa to the ground in Feats of Strength is always a time honored tradition.

It's more about family and food for us on this end than the accumulation of cheap, plastic trinkets.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If shopping crap from China makes someone happy then LET HIM! Why does everybody feel the need to express his own desperation when the holidays are around the corner? If you think that this is wrong, then just say something nice and meaningful.

You could wish that everybody will feel 'real joy' or whatever.. But starting this Thread just to spread your bad mood is the only pitiful thing in here buddy..

[edit on 11/12/2009 by HarryCat]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

*this message was paid for by the other elves, "The Elves that are against the rape and destruction of planet Earth!"

This is why most of us will not pay you a lick of attention. Speaking of pitiful and empty lives...

Have fun sitting behind your PC this holiday season.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yeah what a great way to try and 'help' us

Pardon me while I move to another thread on my Toshiba laptop

Get over it

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
In my opinion it is you that has a poor, pitiful life.

For me, my family and friends our holiday season starts with Halloween.
We are very thankful for the mountains of chocolate and other goodies we get when we check our children's and grandchildren's bags of candy.

Then we start getting ready for Thanksgiving. Another time we get to indulge in the best food our friends and family can cook. It is also a time for enjoying friends.

The Christmas tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving.

Then from Thanksgiving until Christmas Day we have many celebrations that always include yummy food and spirits.

From Halloween until New Years day my friends and I cook wonderful meals, have parties and I spend my days making delicious cakes, pies, cookies, candy and other goodies to give my friends.

Relax and enjoy the fun. Might want to change your attitude to really enjoy the feeling of love and happiness that abounds during the holidays.

Party time. Eat, drink and be merry for Jan, 2 you will have put on at least 5 to 20 pounds that you will spend many months trying to loose so it can start all over again next season.

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you. It might help if you put others first and try to spread joy.

top topics

join