It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Fired Inspector General Walpin [UPDATE] 11·12·09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This story falls into the "For What It's Worth" category...

Investigation vindicates inspector general

A U.S. inspector general who was fired by President Barack Obama – after crossing the president politically – reports he's been cleared by an investigation and now he wants his job back.

[color=#000BFF]...

At the time, Walpin told WND, "I will tell you that [my firing] came only after we had issued those two reports to Congress, and I don't think that's a coincidence. I am convinced that I and my office are not guilty of any impropriety. In essence, I was fired for doing my job."

According to a report in the Sacramento Bee now, Walpin confirmed he's been cleared of claims he overstepped his authority in the investigation.

[color=#000BFF]...

Lawrence G. Brown, the acting U.S. attorney at the time, reviewed Walpin's allegations and said there wasn't anything criminal, so he agreed to a settlement in the civil arena that involved repaying about $400,000 in AmeriCorps funding.

[color=#000BFF]...
Walpin suggested rightly, there should be criminal charges filed for misuse of funds.
[color=#000BFF]...

The Bee [A Sacramento newspaper] report also said federal officials have closed the investigation into St. HOPE without charges. The allegations were that those linked to the case deliberately deleted e-mails even though they knew they were being sought by investigators.

"We're pleased that the FBI has determined what we knew all along – that there was no intentional wrongdoing by the mayor or anyone at St. HOPE," mayoral spokesman Steve Maviglio told the newspaper.

WND later reported that Democrats in Congress proposed a plan to make several U.S. inspectors general currently appointed by federal agency heads presidential appointees instead.

An editorial published in the Washington Times blasted the plan to convert five more IGs to presidential picks:

"Such a move would undermine independent oversight of large parts of the federal bureaucracy," the editorial stated. "These changes would only serve to further politicize these positions."

Original Story

I tried to just quote as much as is necessary to understand the story if you are unfamiliar with it...

This is great news about a guy that really impressed me in print and video. His character is vindicated. They should have done more about the 'bad guys' but isn't that the way things play out these days.

Nice Guys finish last ... Good Guys get the girl.

Comments aren't required but thoughtful commentary always welcome...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What are you talking about? Obama has no authority over the UN Sectretary General.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's these guys jobs to keep an eye on govt spending. They keep an eye out for political corruption.

If their job becomes a political appointment we can say goodbye to what little oversight was left over govt spending.

Lets hope the Dems in congress don't get their way on this one.

join