It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Letters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
For some Remembrance day brings thoughts of those who fought and died so we could all be free.Not for me...
I remember my mom.
She was but a young girl of 16 when the war was going on, and the Norwegian soldiers had a base in our tiny hometown. She told me stories of leaving school to work washing the uniforms of the soldiers..and how she fell in love with one them.
After she past away many years ago, while going through her things in an old cedar chest in her bedroom, I found the love letters..from the Norwegian soldier to her.
I could see the smeared ink from the teardrops,on the old yellowed paper, and part of me felt it was wrong to even touch them, let alone read them.Even though they were few in number...there was so much love conveyed in those letters.
She never saw him after the war, and waited till her 40's to marry. But she always gave herself away when she was thinking about him as she'd burst into songs that she danced to way back then...and this was her favorite:

Miss you mom...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Such a beautiful sentiment.

The love of a woman to a warrior is a perilous journey to take. For there is the chance that the two hearts will never re-unite. A heart that doesn't have that closure never truly heals. Not completely.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Stories like this always give my heart a tug. How many times must your mother have wondered "what if"?

Through no fault of either person, a love was lost, and I can't help but think of the tears that were shed over this.

War is hell, and I wonder how many more hearts were broken at this time. It certainly makes me think about the sadness in the world...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was browsing u-tube and came across this.

All I could think about was your mother..

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
I was browsing u-tube and came across this.

All I could think about was your mother..

wasn't her vibe you picked up on..it was mine.
played that song over and over after my first serious boyfriend and i broke up...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Aw Crap...The last thing I wanted to do was make you cry.

I shall punish myself now...:bnghd:

top topics

join