It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Able to see with my eyes closed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nine0099thousand

I've had that happen to me a few time durring sleep paralysis. It's impossible to tell though whether or not you are actually seeing your surroundings with your eyes closed or just dreaming that you are seeing your surroundings.

There are ways to test this, but it is quite impossible when it can only be done unintentionally and when the episode only lasts several seconds.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have had this kind of thing happen many times, though it took a long time to figure out what I was actually seeing.

The main distinction between what I’m finding posted and what I see is that, while the conditions are all exactly as described for this to happen—a feeling of weightlessness or not feeling my body at all, generally at bedtime but far before sleep, keeping muscles relaxed somehow—I do not look around the room. I have felt that too before, but I wasn’t all that concerned when it happened. I see myself, my face particularly, as if the eyes I was viewing with were located directly facing me on the pillow. Almost a mirror effect, but I only appear in impressions of blue black and dark green, reminiscent of a photo negative. It is happening clearly and with some frequency now that I have realized it is myself that I am seeing, and when I am completely covered with a thick blanket in a dark room.

The last time this happened, I lost most of the feeling in my body except for a little pressure and more tingling than before. My hands were covering my eyes, against my face, but still I could see myself, expressions changing, eyes still closed. I tried to move a little, and the viewpoint shifted accordingly, in line with if the “eyes” I was seeing with were located very close, within my hands or in the space between hands and face, a matter of a few inches away.

I have posted some about this in another existing thread, one that seems miscategorized in hindsight. I don’t know what effect this is, or why I am seeing what I do. It is not a frightening thing at all, and I have a little control over when it happens if I already feel the tingling. Any ideas?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hi,
I came to this forum because of this topic. Let me explain.
I started meditating recently, my meditation deepened over time. A few nights ago, i kept awareness at moments in which i usually fall asleep, and my dreams (usually completely absent) became so vivid that they could as well be called "lucid hallucinations". Acompanied by these dreams were moments of seeing with closed eyes, but the dreams themselves are kinda like this. I will explain a little better, with no unnecessary details. The dreams happened while I was conscious and seemingly still awake, i'm lying facing the wall, i see a spider on the wall, then i realize it's not a spider but cracks in the paint (not the wall, just the paint), moving through different spots on the wall like a fast-motion video, the somehow the whole wall become vibrating gray dots, which organize in clusters. Then i'm in my room, very lucid, very calm, i see what seems to be water reflections on the wall, except they are from different colors, (there are also vivid city noises which seem to come from inside my head -almost like the weirdest jazz music i ever heard-, and the rythmic, extremely loud, very deep, sound of my own heart beating). Then i wake up and find out i'm not sure wether my eyes were closed or open. Later that night the same happened, i was somehow more tired and less conscious than during the previous dream, and at the awaking moment i'm sure my eyes were open: there was a whirling mass of clay-like matter in front of me, brownish, separating in white and black clay-like whirlpools, merging and separating again, rotating really fastly. I extended my arms knowning to be awake, to touch them, but they slowly faded like it was an overlaid image in a b-movie, and i found myself in a very ridiculous position, my lips a little tense and my arms raised, haha. My sight was different after that, like seeing through a PhotoShop filter (really), I checked this also by looking at my cellphone screen, everything looked somehow altered (but i could function perfectly well), the effect faded gradually (i double checked this "gradually" claim) after some minutes. It's worth to note that, i felt (actually i think I saw it with at the edge of my field of view) there was something of light-gray color crouching under my desk during this "whirlpool" thing, but did not want to enquiry further as I strangely didnt think it was important -though I was a little scared, for obvious reasons, before the dream-, (during the dream, i felt that feeling i get if there is an ugly fierce-looking dog passing me by in the street). In between this "dreams" and in other nights, i happened to see the room with eyes closed, it looked always very dark, with "blue"/"violet" shadows, and i could rotate my head freely, see everything, open my eyes (the first time without being sure they were closed), close them again, make sure it's the same room, etc..
To be honest, i personally dont believe (respectfully) in most of the "astral" explanations. I take it as a side effect of meditation with no particular importance. Regarding the visions of the room, chances are either it is a very vivid exploration of the last mental image of the room, either it is a electro-magnetic frequency which we normally dont perceive and can pass through the eyelids, plus some imagination/fear. I didnt happen to see any "live" motion, it would have been nice though. It's interesting to note that my state of wareness was not normal by any means, it's always a "dreamlike" state, i'm aware/awake yet fully relaxed, and my mind does feel a little "different" from it's normal state.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

How many fingers?

Line 2.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Hi nine.

Try reading that:

www.obe4u.com

Blue skies.