It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Able to see with my eyes closed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hi, I have been having occurances of being able to see with my eyes closed and want to get some feedback.

It doesn't happen at will or all the time. It's only when I'm very calm, close to being sleepy but not quite tired. I will close my eyes for some rest and calmness, almost meditating, and I will be able to see with my eyes closed. It's usually my current surroundings. I'm able to look around and analyze things. It's not like a dream because it feels very real.

I first assumed it was just my brain showing me what's already stored in my memory from what I saw when my eyes were open. But sometimes I am viewing a different surrounding. Those I have a hard time remembering because when I realize that I'm "somewhere else", and how real it feels, I lose concentration.

Is this just me seeing what's already stored in my memory? or something else?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nine0099thousand

I know what you're talking about because I've been able to do that a few times lately. Honestly, I'm not sure what it is or how it works. It usually happens to me just as I'm dozing off, also. It has only been happening since I was put on muscle relaxers for my back, LOL! It may just be a side effect of the drug... maybe hallucinating with my eyes closed or something? That may be all it is in my case. Honestly, that's PROBABLY all it is in my case, but I've noticed that I can move my eyes around, just like if they were open, and have a look at the whole surrounding area. It's strange, huh? Pretty cool though.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I have had this happen also. I thought about the life style that I led in 1967 and 1968. I thought maybe history was repeating itself. Aparently I am not that lucky!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Sounds like your using your 'astral eyes' and are able to see your surroundings with them
. Everyone has an 'astral body' and seperates from their physical body every night, to the astral plane/realm etc. It is most common to occur during the states of being awake and asleep, which you described. By being very relaxed and your physical body at total rest, but still being aware, your astral body will start to become loose and you will be able to seperate from your body. Most people seem to struggle at first with their sight in the astral, so it sounds like your almost ready to fully seperate.

Once this happens again, slowly try to sit up, or move. You could try to imagine being pulled out by a rope, or rolling out etc. Any way which works for you is fine. To be honest this has the potential to be massively long, as you seem to be new to the concept of Astral Projection. But there are some good threads and posts, specially if this is new to you, here on ATS, so use the search bar and have a good read, sounds like you have some new things to look into

Good luck!

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I too have noticed this over the past year or so, and exactly as you mentioned. It happens just about every time I meditate, maybe every time, but I think sometimes I just don't notice it so much anymore.

But is anyone feeling like you've just stepped off a ship recently? Or do you feel that there's some pressure coming from above, like you're being pressed downward? Or do you suddenly feel dizzy, like you just stepped off a carousel? I feel these periodically throughout the day, regardless of the situation. I work in a nursing home and someone there (who just started there a couple of days ago) asked the same question of me today. This started a week or so ago, but it feels like it's getting stronger.

Derailment of thread not intended. Expansion to other related stuff not disallowed, I hope.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This sometimes happens to me right after waking up. If there are other people in the room or pets I can often see them before actually opening my eyes. It's kind of like that thing that happens when somebody is looking at you while your asleep and you can sense that someone is there.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
ditto! I had previously put it down to some form of image retention when im tired, like what happens when you look at an image for too long. but like you mentioned there is the ability to look around a bit. I have also notice that there is a fient outline of where my hands are, which move the same way when i move my hands. I've tried concentrating on other people in the house while in this state and find i can be slightly more aware of thier actions.... not a clear image though.

Personally i will need a lot more experimentation before i rule out image retention.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

This is strange, this has been happening to me also, just like like it happens to you. I have squared tiles on my ceiling and could count every one, i could see where everything was in my room, i know i was awake too as i would open my eyes then close them just to see if i was imagining this but sure enough i could see everything while my eyes were closed.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
hey guys, newb here! have been reading for years but just joined. this has also happened to me several times in the last year or so.. not always lying in bed though also while im driving m lift around at work i can close m eyes and s everyhing ad can see other people diving around as energies, like an aura or something, im comtpletely awake when his happens! ive also felt like some kind of energy or mood building in the world the last couple years, maybe there is something to 2012? maybe certain people are ready or' awakening'?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Able to see with my eyes closed

Excellent subject and one i wish I could go into in detail. But ATS rules forbid me from offering more than a brief overview...

It was... about 1978 when my first experience with this occurred. As time went by, it began to happen more frequently but also, mostly in a state of semi-sleep than full conscientiousness.

There is indeed a difference in what you see... though the basic facts of your surroundings remain unchanged, they are... perhaps, enhanced and are privy to more of what there IS to see. In my state of semi-awake... I see everything that is there and the activity going on around me... but I see other things too that I don't see when my eyes are open.

I have often questioned whether this isn't something of a semi-dream state and because I know my immediate surroundings, just a mental referral.

I wish I could get into this more deeply but... suffice it right now to say that you are not alone.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nvmeachilles
hey guys, newb here! have been reading for years but just joined. this has also happened to me several times in the last year or so.. not always lying in bed though also while im driving m lift around at work i can close m eyes and s everyhing ad can see other people diving around as energies, like an aura or something, im comtpletely awake when his happens! ive also felt like some kind of energy or mood building in the world the last couple years, maybe there is something to 2012? maybe certain people are ready or' awakening'?

Yes when you can see people they kind of look like the aliens from that movie, damn it i cant think of it right now, but they look really angelic. There is a part in the movie where you can see there star ships. Does anybody know what movie im thinking of. Someone has an avatar with on of the beings from the movie.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Good post. I have also been experiencing this from time to time. Although for me it doesn't happen with any sort of consistency or pattern. It seems to happen when it wants to. In the past I have played with Meditation, Hypnosis, Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projections, but this is more of a naturally occurring thing rather than self induced.

Check out these other great posts to help guide you to the astral plane.

ASTRALPEDIA [ a guide the the astral, and how to get there ]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS.P: My Astral Projection Guide

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

That is very, very cool!

It reminds me of a story I read when I was a child by Ronald Dahl. I think it was called "The Curious Case of Henry Sugar." It was about a man who had learned how to do the same thing from Indian Yogis I believe.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I have felt that way several times recently, but again, I kind of blame everything on the muscle relaxers. I went without them for a few days and still experienced those dizzy spells, but I haven't felt well lately so can't say if it's really the same thing or not. It could be just a symptom of whatever is going on with my body, which really seems to hate me right now, lol!

CX

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'd imagine it was just image retention, as someone else has said.

I know little about this subject though so it's all guess work here.

Like if you close your eyes now, very briefly the image you've just been looking at is still visible, even though your eyes are closed.

Couldn't you do a little test next time it happens? When your eyes are closed and you are seeing through them, get up and walk around. If you bump into something, it's probably just a memory.

CX.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Due to ATS rules i must keep this post short.

I have actually experienced this. Several times. I am however not able to invoke this at will. Each time i have experienced this is when i am about to "fall asleep" due to sideeffects from my buprenorphin medication. I only take my medication once or twice every other month, so my experience is limited. Just thought i would mention this because someone mentioned they experience the same with muscle relaxants.

So, when i close my eyes i soon start seeing a foggy picture of the room that becomes less foggy quite fast. At the point i realize i can see the room even though i am with my eyes closed i get so shocked that i try to move my eyes and look to the side/up/down and loose my concentration at the moment i feel my eyes start moving.

I think i should just imagine looking elsewhere instead of actually moving my eyes into that direction to not loose concentration.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by above]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I can do this when I meditate, it's pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Couldn't you do a little test next time it happens? When your eyes are closed and you are seeing through them, get up and walk around. If you bump into something, it's probably just a memory.

Maybe it is another dimension, or the eyes of the soul.

Those that able to move around and still open and close their eyes might have found other dimensions of themselves.

For those that can do this, try to put your hands together close enough for finger tips to touch, then hold you hands outs evenly in front with them still in touch. What color are you arms? Are they the same color as each other? Are the same color as when you have your eyes open? Do you detect any color?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by above

There are times when I wonder just how in the hell humanity managed to evolve in the midst of so much intolerance and ignorance.

Those who simply do not... or cannot understand that their own little worlds are not the entire universe... or that their limited vision is all that there is to be seen... so often seek to create discomfort, disillusion and disunity amoungst all those around them.

We are, at times, as primitive as the pond scum we arose from, you know?

Good post.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This, too, has happened to me. I just began to have this experience within the last 6 months. At first I thought it was image retention. It occurred when I had laid down, but I was awake and conscious. I sat up and with my eyes still closed I looked around. This confirmed that it was NOT a singular image retention.

Another time, it happened and I saw my cat moving around. So I know that whatever it is, it is happening in real time and NOT image retention.

I have also had some odd feelings in the last couple of months where I feel a sensation in my legs where I am weightless. Almost as though I feel I could walk without touching the ground. Of course, that doesn't happen LOL, but that's the only way I know how to describe it. It is like a disconnect from gravity. This happens just at odd times...and yes I am fully awake and active during those moments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join