It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Joins Movement to Resist Abuses of Commerce Clause, 2nd Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Kentucky Joins Movement to Resist Abuses of Commerce Clause, 2nd Amendment

www.infowars.com

In states around the country, there’s a growing movement to address and resist two of the most abused parts of the Constitution – the Commerce Clause and the 2nd Amendment. Already being considered in a number of state legislatures, and passed as law in Montana and Tennessee this year, the Firearms Freedom Act (FFA) is a state law that seeks to do just that.
The latest to join the FFA movement? Kentucky. Pre-filed for the 2010 legislative session, HB87 seeks to “Create new sections of KRS Chapter 237, relating to firearms, firearm accessories and ammunition that are made in Kentucky,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Lol it's bad when us backward's inbreed kentucky folk have enough common sense to fight back.

what is wrong with you people...wake up and call ya governor.
Tell him to do like kentucky so the fed has no power to tell you what to do with your state made ammunition and gun's.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-11-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Very relevant video above

thanks for posting!

Perhaps the solution lies in the states
and if the solution lies in the states, then the power lies in the people!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm not sure how this would work in MO.
Most of the ammo manufacturers here are federal ammo makers not state, so its sounds good but not sure how that could be played , and us as citizens or states to be able to keep clear from being rationed, raw materials and such....
And as far as firearms, I do not know if the laws could be put in place correctly to keep ammo and firearms from being combined or exploited..
Fiochi is a local CO. here and the restictions on guns in the area is rather strict, but they also need and have to test the ammo "in controlled situations"
So it ends up being kinda like the "egg & chicken" game.

For now I'm happy just being able to work on guns, and buy ammo as a citizen, as long as that doesn't change I don't see a reason to, stirr dried poo....it is just going to stink!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It is time for the states to take back the power. The Federal Government has overstepped it's bounds. State's rights is the new future. Enjoy your federal love affair supporters, becasue the husband is on the way home.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
I'm not sure how this would work in MO.
Most of the ammo manufacturers here are federal ammo makers not state, so its sounds good but not sure how that could be played , and us as citizens or states to be able to keep clear from being rationed, raw materials and such....
And as far as firearms, I do not know if the laws could be put in place correctly to keep ammo and firearms from being combined or exploited..
Fiochi is a local CO. here and the restictions on guns in the area is rather strict, but they also need and have to test the ammo "in controlled situations"
So it ends up being kinda like the "egg & chicken" game.

For now I'm happy just being able to work on guns, and buy ammo as a citizen, as long as that doesn't change I don't see a reason to, stirr dried poo....it is just going to stink!

your allowed in any state to make your own ammo for your personal use.
it's a law all state's have in common.
So if you open a little shop..to sell your neighbor's ammo and or gun's you are making.. legally the federal government won't be able to stop it under these new law's.
as long as you get a state license to make ammo and or gun's that is.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I've been wondering for years now why the States haven't stepped up to the plate about the abuse of the federal government.

I'm going to go out on a limb here(well not really) and say most leadership in States is either bought off, positions offered to State leaders by the Feds(bribery), or federal agents planted throughout leadership roles.

We all need to come together and really start to handpick and research potential leaders locally. Watch their every move and if they serve the people according to the law of the land, advance their careers. We need to avoid these people who seem to float around and come out of no where with shady backgrounds. It seems to happen all to often.

Education is the key to turning things around

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
In many southern state, calls are starting to rise on special state legislature sessions in regards to nullification of federal laws..

Things could get real ugly real quick.

The civil war was started over nullification of federal laws.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Support the 10th amendment!

Our founding fathers were smart enough to be afraid of an unlimited federal government. Not only did they specifically limit the fed. gov. in the constitution, then even went so far as to create the 10th amendment to make it very clear. Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
the congress has repeatedly userp the rights of the states through their liberal and misdefined interpetation of the commerce clause.
It has become clear that the US government has grown to such an extent that private citizens no longer have the power through civic means to control it.
Our last chance as citizens lies in the power of the states themselves. we as citizens must take control of our state governments and through them assert our rights under the 10th amendment.
The idea of using federal gun laws on a product produced, used and sold in the same state neatly bypasses the commerce clause and gives the states a toe in the door to begin questioning other mandates and federal regulations.

on an aside, This actually could be a defense against the fed health care legistration currently making its way through congress

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Phedreus]

new topics

top topics

join