It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wonders of Synchronicity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm06002
I realize though that all this shows is that you can't change the past with your beliefs which is pretty obvious and I thank you for discussing this with me so that I have come to this realization.

I was never really convinced that you can't change "the past" from "now." I just don't know how it could be done. Ever seen the butterfly effect?
Time must have a shape to it after all, and who's to say "higher" dimensions couldn't form "loops" or "holes" or whatever you like to form a link between one position in time and another. I don't spend much time in such states of awareness where time is a shape so I wouldn't know.

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle
Yeh, it's a nice sentiment, but it doesn't always work like that. Not all things depend on your resolution to have a "good day". It is possible to come home from school and find out that your parent has died or something. It happens

I would say grieving over a lost parent is not necessary and really does not contribute to anything. If anything, it's a selfish expression of your dependence upon that person to be alive. Now, if someone, especially coerced by a lower emotional "vibration," chooses to grieve upon learning such a thing, then the mental intent to "have a good day" is over-ridden right then and there. It is still possible for one to hold the reign's over one's own mind and not be affected by the tragedy.

In one Buddhist parable, a master tells his students that he wants them to learn to feel joy in their soul and be smiling even as they are being ripped and sawed in half. He told them to always remember that and called it the "smile of the saw" or some such. It's an extreme example but goes to clearly define the kind of ideals being looked at here.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have noticed that when I am caught up with the "unimportant" aspects of life, the synchronicity disappears. Whenever I start to worry about upcoming exams or not having enough money to pay for rent, I can almost feel dissonant harmony and it's very unpleasant.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cwt8466

Wow!
This event of synchronicity has finally brought me out of lurking...
Less than 10 minutes ago, I was listening to the song "Lateralus" by Tool. I haven't even read the thread about the song, I'm just a fan!
I thought that it was so cool that I even made an account on ATS just to post this comment.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Another Synchronistic event happens again to me:

When I'm thinking about Digimon frontier casts cosplaying as Kingdom Hearts 2 main characters like this for long time:

It came out even long after I'm not thinking about that again

top topics

<< 1   >>

join