It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lou Dobbs resigns from CNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Lou Dobbs resigns from CNN

www.latimes.com

Reporting from New York - In a surprise announcement, CNN host Lou Dobbs resigned on the air Wednesday after a recent history of controversial comments on immigration, among other topics, drew heated protests from liberal groups and created friction within the cable network.

Dobbs said that CNN/U.S. President Jon Klein released him from his contract so he could pursue other opportunities. He did not offer specifics but suggested that he is seeking a role in which he will not be constrained from speaking freely.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
news.yahoo.com
www.reuters.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Lou Dobbs Leaving CNN???????

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Says it all pretty much. They wanted to censor Lou dobs and you wasn't having any of it. I disagree with Dobbs on some things but there is no doubt he was different than every other CNN anchor.

If you listened to Dobbs you would get a unique perspective whether you agreed or not it was unique on a CNN where the anchors are simply script readers and hosts.

I will be curious to see where he goes from here i hope it isn't Fox just because that is such a polarizing network and anyone on it whether they speak truth or not is labeled a right wing cook.

All i know is CNN will see the effects soon from him leaving the network because what is left in the way of anchors on that network is sad and pathetic imo.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
He was one of the few to talk about the NAU - he needs a different forum than CNN.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I was thinking about posting this, as well. Seems he may well be headed to Fox news, from the rumor mill. Was a story a while back that Fox was romancing him, so to speak.

Will be interesting, to say the least.

NY Times: Fox Biz Flirting with CNN’s Lou Dobbs
newsbusters.org...

There is a link here to the NY Times article.

new topics

top topics

join