It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you former President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

Um, ya, thanks for the neverending wars,
the tax cuts for the rich and the big buddy bailout
that decimated all the wealth we ever had!

They did their part alright....
of ruining the country and making a perfect example
of how clueless, arrogant and indifferent we really are!

Mission accomplished? I'd say so.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by dodadoom]

Everyone does some good, some bad. Clinton, Reagan, Washington. No one is perfect. The wars...well, the truth is public knowledge, so we won't argue over it. You will see it your way (omitting some facts to make it fit), and i will do the same.

But Bush DOES and DID do is support Americans. Don't talk Katrina...that was the governor and mayors job, not Bush's. It was just convenient to pin that on an unpopular president. For the love of God, he didn't control the weather.

But when people were needing comfort, leadership...he did it. He stepped up. What the OP says is true.

If dips like Carter and Nixon can keep their respect and if people actually care what they say, then Bush can't be that bad.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

No I see what is being done here. All the coverage of people crying at Obama rallies was any better? Bush did a lot of screwed up things in my opinion during his terms in office, I never agreed 100% with his policies. However the Bush is evil crap is pathetic when we get a overwhelming Obama is the best thing since sliced bread spin. All I see is a lot of people shouldering Bush with the ills of our country. Except when voicing conspiratorial rubbish most people don't look back into history. Iraq, Afghanastan, Iran all of that crap is just a cycle.

Seeing how the attacks started right away was telling. During the Bush years we heard how evil the oil companies were, now it's the banks. Attention spans are short these days.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
George W. Bush and Dick Cheney are directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of people - whether they be American or otherwise. They invaded a country that did not attack the USA, a country that had no WMD's, a country that had no known terrorist groups or affiliations. They outright lied to the public through their Hollywood style emotional acting to woo the public, which always seems to work. They played real-life war games and tested out their latest toys far, far away from their own country. They secured re-construction contracts for which they profited from and continue to profit from. The list is endless.

Former French President Chirac himself admitted publicly that he was speechless when Bush kept talking about his biblical crusade. On the one hand Bush and Cheney talked about fighting religious extremists who kill innocent people, when they themselves fit the bill also. They talked about rooting out the terrorists... just think about that word which the mainstream media still use on a daily basis - terrorist - a brief meaning of the word is of someone who instills fear onto a person or groups of people... this is exactly what the Bush administration was doing all along! They are guilty of the very crimes and accusations they were making of the "enemy."

I personally think whoever wrote this blog article must have either gone into severe shock due to everything that has transpired since 2001 or they have taken an overdose of '___'.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Obama DID go to Fort Hood. I saw the speech on local TV (I'm in the area) and he was in front of my old III Corps headquarters. No, I did not vote for Obama; but, untruths are dispicable.

Obama stayed in Texas after the speech to go visit the soldiers in the hospital too.

I also saw the list of the senators and representatives at the speech and remember lots were Wisconscin and Minnesota (plus many other states) but NONE were our own Texas senators or representatives!

A quote from Bush 43rd about the CONSTITUTION "It's just a goddam piece of paper". This is how he will be remembered!

[edit on 12/11/2009 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

You're trying to change the subject of my reply. You were the one who was alleging this thread was merely in support of Bush when in fact it was a hit-piece on liberals. You can't deny that so you're going back to defending Bush and ignoring the content of my reply. Again I say you're blind.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's funny. The same people on this thread bashing Obama at every chance are the same ones in here defending Bush, It makes you realize where there heads REALLY are and it's not with the freedom lovers of this country, you'll figure it out if your smart enough.

You guys look just like the Obama people who still cling to him and defend him with everything, How does it feel to be on that side of the fence again? Because yall look just like them.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

If dips like Carter and Nixon can keep their respect and if people actually care what they say, then Bush can't be that bad.

Carter and Nixon didn't leave us a war based on lies and an economy an dollar on the verge of complete and total collapse. They weren't printing billions of dollars 24/7 to support there war machine and not caring what the outcome would be, they weren't drumming up legislation either so they could legally spy on the American People either, Patriot Act anyone? Patriot my ass.

I'm not defending Carter and Nixon, just simply saying that you can't compare the worst politician in the history of the United States of America (Bushie) to carter or nixon.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Sorry I took a page out of your book and went back to read the rest of the blogs you did. SO BLIND AM I
Funny thing was the blog was written by a liberal
A little hypocritical?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well, now you have 100% undeniable proof that homosexuality is in fact a mental illness.

I needed the laughs. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

some of your points about bush are untruthful. for example, a war based on lies....the whole world believed the exact same lies. bush didn't make them up, he just fell for them. can't fault him for that. even congress voted to go into iraq based on the faulty intelligence.

the economy is a shared tragedy. it is what we get when business men run our country, i guess. but you would need to go back to clinton if you want to start spreading blame for our economy.

the patriot act was an ill concieved idea that effectively address terrorism, but cost us liberty in the process. that is unamerican.

i think bush sucked as a president, all in all. but i see the value in what he did just the same as the damage he may have done. to be honest, he did nothing that much different than what was done by previous presidents, and i have lowered my expectations because i am tired of being disappointed.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

some of your points about bush are untruthful. for example, a war based on lies....the whole world believed the exact same lies. bush didn't make them up, he just fell for them. can't fault him for that. even congress voted to go into iraq based on the faulty intelligence.

He just fell for them? It's the presidents job to have everything straight and thought out before he sends American troops in harms way, point is he could have done better, he went to war in Iraq illegally, I already have this referenced just in case I have to.

An illegal war. -Ron Paul

Yes the economy is shared blame, but he brought in the era of bailouts, and therefore has been bankrupting our country since the start of his wars. Sorry, but I can't give any thanks to Bush for anything.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Bush is just as bad as the current president they all sit at the same table at the country club. The left vs. right CRAP is just what they want. I honestly feel people believe this stuff just to fit in. Wake up!!!!!!

BUSH=OBAMA=CLINTON=BUSH SR.=REAGAN=CARTER....ETC

PUT THEM ALL TOGETHER=LESS FREEDOM.....WAKE UP!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Your neck is not "on the line" with most of us. The irrational haters who can't have political disagreement without resorting to hate are a tiny minority of the Earths population. Most of us can disagree politically and still sit down to dinner together as friends. For those who can not, who are consumed by hate, I pity them.

I too am impressed by this selfless act and appalled Obama did not do the same. I'm begining to suspect he is a genuine sociopath who has learned to be a good actor. I don't agree with Bush but that is politics. Since I don't agree with either the fanatics on the Left or Right, I'd have no friends if I were a mindless hater.

It is a true shame ATS is seemingly overrun with radical ideologues lately. They can't engage in a debate and only spew hatred and add nothing to the conversation.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

lampooned as a chimp, a bumbling idiot, and a poor, clumsy public speaker.

That is only because Bush did not use all the speech writers that Obama uses.

Have we really heard Obama speak in public without all the scripted lines and the teleprompter.
Even in the pre election debates he knew in general what was going to be ask before the debate.

Some subject his team rigs so no tough questions are ever asked when he is not prepared.

Have you ever heard him answer any off the cuff question on guns control.
his team makes sure he is never asked.

Bush was a lot more open about talking with the public.

Yes he may have looked like a bumbling idiot, and a poor, clumsy public speaker sometimes, but many trusted that style better then the talking head we have now.

Ya know for someone who I have always passionatley disagreed, you are dead on the nail head with this one and what you said is undeniable no matter what party you support, what ya said is damn straight.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Just wondering where the OP got those nifty rear-looking, rose-colored glasses with blinders. I'd sure love a pair.

My main reason for despising Bush occurred Sept. 11th, 2001 on his watch despite warnings.

My other 4,362 reasons: www.icasualties.org...

Sure it was a nice "gesture" at Fort Hood, however you can't un-ring a bell.

Regards...KK

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that. I enjoyed reading it.

When Obama was elected I knew the Democrats would have all the power they ever wanted. They can do and pass almost anything they desire (within law, of course).

I wasn't entirely pleased with McCain (in addition if anyone remembers that Saturday Night Live skit with McCain claiming he will never, ever, ever run for office... well, it bothered me that he was now in the forefront. People have the right to change their minds, I guess), I wasn't pleased with Obama, so for me it was up in the air. The people I'd like to see in charge will probably never be in charge as long as the Democrats and Republicans are around.

Although I was opposed to Obama's ideas, on the positive side I thought that it would be good for the country to finally elect someone other than a white man. I was hoping it would give hope to non-whites and boost their morale, maybe encouraging more non-white children to study hard, go to college and feel that anything is possible. I was hoping that it would make them feel more like the country has let go of most racism which was so prevalent in the past (I know there's still a lot of work to be done in respect to that).

Nowadays when I hear Obama speak I almost want to claw at my ears. Sometimes (it seems to me) he is trying to sound like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (except that MLK's speeches had true power and meaning behind them) The words roll smoothly off his tongue, almost too perfect. He sounds like a preacher to me. His voice is smooth and melodic. He is too charismatic! It's like eating too much sugar. At first it looks good and it tastes good, but the more you eat of it the more horrible you feel, and you don't want to see another bit of sugar for at least a week.

Maybe this is just my personal problem, but I can't really focus on what he says. I keep hearing all these promises and things about how we all have to work together to get the country back on it's feet. I also hear a lot about how the previous administration screwed up. OK! WE GET IT! We know what you think, so please move on and do something to fix problems. The speeches seem too well-rehearsed and I can't help but dislike that! Despite a difference in politics I really tried to like him and I really tried to believe that maybe "change" could be good for us, but I'm going against that idea more and more these days.
I was hopeful in the beginning. Now,.. less and less everyday.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Bush is just as bad as the current president they all sit at the same table at the country club. The left vs. right CRAP is just what they want. I honestly feel people believe this stuff just to fit in. Wake up!!!!!!

BUSH=OBAMA=CLINTON=BUSH SR.=REAGAN=CARTER....ETC

PUT THEM ALL TOGETHER=LESS FREEDOM.....WAKE UP!!!!!!!

Now now, their IS a difference and I had this sent to me in an email but their are quite a few distinctions between the two or perhaps this is the way they used to be

- If a conservative doesn’t like guns, they don’t buy one. If a liberal
doesn’t like guns, then no one should have one.

- If a conservative is a vegetarian, they simply don’t eat meat. If a liberal
is, they want to ban all meat products for everyone.
- If a conservative wants to volunteer his time, he does and does it on his own volition which defines the word "Volunteerism" . A liberal believes we should be forced to volunteer our time and efforts which defines "slavery"

- If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat
his enemy. A liberal waits while he decides whether they will send troops to fight or not. On the rare occasion they have the balls to defend us, by that time, it's too late.

- If a conservative is homosexual, they quietly enjoy their life .
If a liberal is homosexual, they loudly demand legislated respect and approval of there debased depravity and if you don’t agree to their demands you are labeled for your hatred and bigotry as an excuse to demand even further legislation, protecting them from the reactions of their "in your face" militant name calling, that anything you say in anger is “hate speech” so they can scream loudly that which is none of our business to begin with.

- If a black man or Hispanic is conservative, they see themselves as
independently successful. Their liberal counterparts see themselves as
victims in need of government protection and entitled to all of our hard earned money.

- If a conservative is here illegally and gets caught, they quietly go along with law enforcement back to where they came from. A liberal screams, law enforcement is using "racial profiling" while liberals in Government, are dumb enough to even listen to this and even dumber to stifle law enforcements efforts to stop it.

- If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his
situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

- If a conservative doesn’t like a talk show host be it radio or television he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don’t like be shut down and taken off the airwaves so that no one can hear or watch them but complain about free speech if NAMBLA doesn't get a platform to talk about the virtues of men having sex with boys.

- If a conservative is a non-believer, he simply doesn’t go to church.
A liberal wants all churches to be silenced.

- If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping
for it, or may choose a job that provides it. A liberal demands that you and I should pay for theirs too.

- If a conservative doesn't like the public school system, they will qualify for home schooling their children resulting in higher grades and getting better marks on SAT's .

A liberal will call that kind of education "child abuse" and force everyone into the indoctrination of state run public schools until someone gets gang raped, beat to death or shot by one of their retarded students gone over the edge muttering the idiotic theory of natural selection by Darwin.

That about sum it up ?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Kerry_Knight]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Staight up
# you dude.
third line.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
honestly, I think some serious effing apologies are needed. The Nazis had to give it all back, so did the British, and so should you. Withdraw, and trade like normal schmoes.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Look, have you ever been in a position where you have to make decisions based on information recieved from other people? Say, running a worksite where you have middle managers supervising supervisors across multiple departments? Something complex, you know? While you are responsible for the final result, it is obvious that reasonable people make alllowances for the shortcomings of your team when you make corrections in response to those shortcomings. The same said of the Iraq intelligence. There WERE WMD's in Iraq, and we found some. Sure, they were degraded. But it showed intent. So perhaps the "faulty intelligence" just pointed to a truth happening in the wrong spot, you know? Regardless, iraq should have been toppled in the previous Bush or Clinton years. Iraq had harbored terrorists (Abu Nidal, anyone? Or Abu Abbas?). They violated the UN sanctions time and time again. But regardless....if you are going to hinge on the intelligence, you have to fault the entire world. Every single friendly nation believed the exact same thing as us. They are obviously no match for 20/20 hindsight.

RE: the war being illegal per Ron Pauls allegations. Sure, he has an argument. Of course, no one is listening to him for a reason. Maybe his argument has no merit, as the process used is well established with long running precedent. Maybe it is just viewed as the ramblings of a pacifist. Who knows....but until it is considered and something is changed, there is no questioning the legality of the way we conduct wars. This isn't to say it is right, or in line with what should be American values. Just saying that it is something that, currently, is unquestionable. If you go back and try GW for this, then you have to posthumously try every single president since Truman.

I am not saying GW was a good president. I am just saying that the complaints about him that most people level are unfair and, at best,, warped truth.

The problem you have, i think, is that you disagree with the way the game is played. Not the fact that the players are playing the game. I agree with this. Our country is a mess because we have gotten so far from the values that made America great. It didn't take long, either. My grandfather was a good man. This isn't the nation he fought in WWII for.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join