It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you former President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
reply to post by Libertygal

I agree and thank YOU very much!
You understand the big picture I see.
I am not trying to be a you know what.

it's all good.
One thing I learned in my old age was that it takes patience and kindness to communicate. I truly do listen to what people have to say, and even if it disagrees with my ideas, I do listen. I learned a lot that way.

I just get disgusted when I see the country being decimated.
All while (most of) the peeps appear to not see it.
Apparently the big buddy bailouts aren't enough of a clue...
even though they were pushed through by BOTH presidents!
Hey, smoothest transition in history! Nuff said...

Here we agree 100%. There was an obvious handoff here that had, shall we say, "a helping hand". I do feel this was by design, that much is obvious.

Thanks for your understanding.
Its too bad we even have to be talking about this...
what happened to us anyway?

Like I said, age teaches that heheh.

And yeah, it is too bad, and the division is what happened. People lost faith and trust, not just in their "leaders", but sadly in each other. I think people have grown to have so little tolerance of others, that they refuse to even sit a moment and take in what's being said. I appreciate you taking the time, and having that tolerance, you get it. That made the whole thread worth it!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

George Bush did not cause the economic meltdown. His administration requested an investigation twice into the situation years before it occurred. His request was denied. Congress apparently wanted to help the poor obtain housing.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I agree with that. I do also agree that he did go against his republican ideals and start the first bailout, which included AIG. Something has to be said for that.

For anyone who doesn't believe your statements, here is a video supporting your statements.

www.youtube.com...

I also think he knows who was responsible for the attack on the Federal Reserves, when they closed the markets due to a few hour loss over 500 billion. It was a planned attack on September 11, 2008. Representative Kanjorski talks about it here.

Here is a link to the video:
www.youtube.com...

It isn't about sides. It is about whats right and wrong.

People need to look past their hate and see this was intentional, and I think by the time this hit, Bush was fed up. Anyone know of any other day the markets were closed to prevent a run on the banks? They halted the collapse of our economy by doing so.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
In the early days of the Iraq War, Laura and sometimes W (as time permitted) would visit with the families of soldiers that died. It is not well known because the press was not invited period.

It was not done as a photo op, or popularity thing; but out of genuine feelings. The visit to Ft Hood victims families is not surprising in the least.

I am sorry for all the haters that can not accept that W could be a decent human being at times. That he shrugged off most of the vitriol, because he knew in his heart that he sometimes did do the right thing.

He just did not make a big deal about it. Which makes such things genuine and from the heart. If I made it known all the nice things I do for people in a day, people would said it was fake or that I was just glory-hounding.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

...So far nothing you've said has connected at all. First you post hilarious (or extremely scary) ramblings on one of the worst politicians in American history. Then you talk about what gay America thinks of Obama ( ) and now you're talking about popularity.

...You okay?

I wanted to take a little time to reply to your post, so I could go back and grab some quotes from the article I posted. I wanted to be able to say, yes, I am ok, albeit a bit frustrated, but I am ok.

FTA:
"...you tell them that a bunch of gay Hillary guys in Boystown, Chicago were wrong about the Bushes…"

FTA:
"There has never been a Vice President, including Gore, Biden, or Mondale, who was more supportive of gay rights than “Darth Cheney”. There has never been a Vice President more spot-on right about the dangers facing this country from Islamic terrorism. "

FTA:
"We’re sure they will just stare at us and wonder why these gay Chicagoans are crying, but we don’t think we can get through a meeting with them without being emotional. "

So you see, if you had *read* what I spoted, instead of seeming to freak out and start slamming me, you would see I did not pull the "gay" thing out of my arse. This was the writers own words, speaking as a group of people. Their words, not mine.

Some other things to back up my staements:
my.barackobama.com...

"Obama seeks gay help in battleground states"
Sen. Barack Obama’s presidential campaign is seeking help from gay voters to win some surprising new battleground states in November’s election.

Dave Noble, who is in charge of mobilizing the gay vote for Obama, said Democrats are “really expanding the map and there are states in play for Barack Obama that haven’t been in play for Democrats in years past.”

www.windycitymediagroup.com...

More than any other presidential candidate before, Barack Obama included gays as part of his core speeches to voters, despite decades of conventional wisdom that has held that the mere acknowledgement of gays could imperil a campaign. Obama acknowledged gays when he announced his run for the presidency. He did so before national television and church audiences that were considered by some to be reluctant to associate with gays. He did so in accepting the Democratic nomination in Colorado, and he did so in his final campaign stops in Jacksonville, Fla.; Columbus, Ohio; and Raleigh, N.C.

digg.com...

gaysofla.com — Senator Barack Obama is aggressively courting the gay vote by placing ads with a LGBT specific message in gay newspapers in Texas and Ohio. According to Obama staffers, this is the first time in any presidential campaign that a candidate has targeted the LGBT community with such an overtly gay message.

Seems like my statements were correct, that Obama depended heavily on the gay vote. But, he is losing traction with the gay community.

abclocal.go.com.../local/san_francisco&id=7058325

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- President Obama prepared to speak to the nation's largest gay rights group Saturday. His address came on the eve of a march in Washington by gays and lesbians who say the president has not fulfilled his campaign promises.

There are more links, andif people wish to follow that angle of the story, they can google it and find plenty.

And thank you for making me a respected foe. I take that as a *huge* compliment that I am someone worth having discussions with. I don't deem it an insult, and I do not think ATS means for it to be meant one, either.

That made my day!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Thank you for adding such a genuine reply. I was beginning to wonder if people had lost touch with the human side of themselves.

I for one, am tired of seeing president Media on the screen all the time, everything is *not* a photo op or a story. A president should just do what they do without the media pandering to them and fawning over them like is being seen since the election. The bias is really terrible.

People can say what they want about Fox news, but at least they will touch on subjects that no other media outlet will, and regardless of how much people adore Obama, they should realize having two sides *is* important.

At least it gets you thinking in another direction, instead of being drunk on one way slants, which is exactly what this article points out.

How hard is it to admit Bush did some good things? The article itself even says it doesn't mean you support certain things he did or his politics, but he has a good heart and he did what he thought was right. Like it or not. And it didn't have to be on every channel when he did it, either.

This one, I am not so sure... and I will leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

A Marine friend of mine once commented on Bush this way.

"The nicest man I have ever met."

The same Marine, didn't have a whole lot of nice things to say about Clinton.

But I will take him at his word (he has never lied to me or made me disbelieve anything he said) so, for that I will have to believe him and think that W. was an all around nice man.

His politics I couldn't stomach, but apparently he really is a decent fellow.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Thanks whatuknow, for adding to the thread. You and I have crossed paths on different threads, and I know we see things from a different perspective. It's nice that we can find some things we can see eye to eye on, and perhaps lead us to some new perspectives.

I appreciate your comments. Made me smile.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Not often I will say anything kind about W. So, yep, that's about all I can say nice about him.

But, I guess that there has to be something positive to say about Bush right? So it might as well be that personality wise he was a nice person.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

Um, ya, thanks for the neverending wars,
the tax cuts for the rich and the big buddy bailout
that decimated all the wealth we ever had!

They did their part alright....
of ruining the country and making a perfect example
of how clueless, arrogant and indifferent we really are!

Mission accomplished? I'd say so.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by dodadoom]

And you forgot to mention thanks for the Patriot Acts, thanks for expanded surveillance of everyone, thanks for trashing Glass=steagall and allowing the Banks to poison the markets with toxic assets.
Thanks for Guantanamo and extraordinary rendition, the north american union and all the benefits we have enjoyed from "free trade".
I'll be thanking Dubya all the way to the FEMA camp Dick Cheney's buddies have built for all of us. OooOOooh! thank yOuUUUuuUU!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
To praise such a weak minded creature because 1 is mad at the current leader. 1 desevres to follow this weak creature all the way to his true home. If the cannot see his particapation in the DOWNSPIRAL then the deserves to witness the final effects of this weak creature who has managed to accumulate some of the best blood in the blood formula. (blood formula: a mixture of different bloods from INNOCENT MOMS, BABIES, CHILDREN AND FATHERS reguardless of political, ethnical or religious background, yes your blood is also potentially part of the formula BELIEVE IT OR NOT). Once this formula is complete the DOOR TO "IT" SHALL BE OPEN making none of earth inhabitants safe from "IT". SMH @ anyone honoring this weak creature that just put earths inhabitants in the crosshair of the most eviliest of evils.

Sorry for mentioning this blood formula for many of you are not prepared for knowledge of it GOD BLESS.

AND THANK BUSH FOR EXTRACTING "BLOOD" & TISSUE SAMPLES FROM ALL NEWBORN BABIES.

Described as a "national contingency plan" the justification for the new law S. 1858, known as The Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007, is that it represents preparation for any sort of "public health emergency."
The bill states that the federal government should "continue to carry out, coordinate, and expand research in newborn screening" and "maintain a central clearinghouse of current information on newborn screening... ensuring that the clearinghouse is available on the Internet and is updated at least quarterly".

Sections of the bill also make it clear that DNA may be used in genetic experiments and tests. YOUR BABIES...SMH YEA THANKS

[edit on 11/12/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Has nothing to do with the current leader except he is more of the same.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Thanks to George W. Bush, well thanks just aren't enough, I would like to kiss the guy.

Kiss him for lying to get us into a war of choice, bringing about the deaths of thousands of honorable American service members.

Kiss him for the inclusion of John Ashcroft into his cabinet, bringing about the birth of the Patriot Act.

Kiss him for the inclusion and unfettered powers granted to Dick Cheney, bringing about many of this Countries darkest, most illegal foreign and domestic practices.

Kiss him for allowing the credit card industry to re-write the new bankruptcy laws for the United States.

Kiss him for lying to us on countless occasions.

For all of the above listed reasons, and oh, so many more, I would like to give George W. Bush a thousand kisses.

-Oh, and by "Kisses", I mean of course, stab wounds.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Is this serious or some kind of ultra-sophisticated humorous post? George W Bush and his lovely wife Laura deserve to be dragged through the streets and beaten by all freedom loving Americans for the hell he put this country through.

Were you one of the ones that have recently posted on one of my threads about not lowering ourselves to the level of the radical muslims and the way they deal with people they don't like?

That said, I do blame Bush for a few things - the worst being making the obama presidency even possible.

Obama lied, people's dreams and soldiers died

[edit on 11/12/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhetoric

Something tells me you missed the whole point of the post. >.<

I can't make you understand, and won't try, but I wish you could have tried to take a little different point of view while reading the article.

Thanks for replying!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

That said, I do blame Bush for a few things - the worst being making the obama presidency even possible.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by centurion1211]

Here, here! I can agree with that!

However, I didn't want this to turn in to a bash Bush or bash Obama thread, there are a lot of other talking points as to the reason I posted the thread to begin with. I hope you can get on board with that after seeing some of the replies.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with this post more.

No one could ever question the Bush's love of country, of America for what its always been about, for our values and heritage, for what made us a unique nation.

We owe President Bush a HUGE apology.

The liberal (communist) press brainwashed the nation against George Bush. Don't believe me? Look at how Obama's played more golf in the last 10 months (during the worst economic crisis of this nation) than George Bush did in three years. If George Bush was photographed on the golf course we were told he just doesn't care about us, but Obama? Well, he's praised for knowing how to take care of himself and not get stressed out! Oh, the hypocrisy! The lies we believe from the media! How utterly stupid we've become.

Obama is UNDOING our form of government, our form of commerce and DESTROYING America. Not exactly the "change" we thought we were getting, is it?

Thank you, President Bush. I for one appreciate your service to our nation.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The man does a wonderfully human thing, along with his wife, by going and seeing these people, and all some of you can do is call names. So much for raising the bar on political discourse... Sad really.

Did the man make some serious mistakes? Of course he did... Name a president who didn't... Can't be done.

This trip to Fort Hood was a kind and compassionate gesture on the part of the former First Couple. They deserve a thank you, and if some of you can't see that maybe y'all need to take a look in a mirror.

Does it erase mistakes he may or may not have made? No. Was it still a gesture worthy of our praise? Yes.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Thanks very much for your reply, you said what I felt in such a few short words.

My only wish is that the very people bemoaning the state of this Union could drop the blame game and give credit where credit is due.

Your statement about presidents not makingmistakes brings one other thought to mind, and that is the one about throwing stones and glass houses.

If we could get beyond the contrived division in this nation, I think We the people could get a lot further than we imagine. It happened in our history, but I fear this is one part of history that will not repeatitself.

Thanks again for your reply.

edit for typo.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
I'm sure there have been more than enough hXc and "controversial" threads for one day. Why don't you lie down, OP, and have a nice beer or something?

Why does she have to lay down?

You go lay down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join