It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you former President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

We know absolutely no one in Bush family circles and have never met former President George W. Bush or his wife Laura.

If you have been reading us for any length of time, you know that we used to make fun of “Dubya” nearly every day…parroting the same comedic bits we heard in our Democrat circles, where Bush is still, to this day, lampooned as a chimp, a bumbling idiot, and a poor, clumsy public speaker.

Oh, how we RAILED against Bush in 2000…and how we RAILED against the surge in support Bush received post-9/11 when he went to Ground Zero and stood there with his bullhorn in the ruins on that hideous day.

We were convinced that ANYONE who was president would have done what Bush did, and would have set that right tone of leadership in the wake of that disaster. President Gore, President Perot, President Nader, you name it. ANYONE, we assumed, would have filled that role perfectly.

Well, we told you before how much the current president, Dr. Utopia, made us realize just how wrong we were about Bush. We shudder to think what Dr. Utopia would have done post-9/11. He would have not gone there with a bullhorn and struck that right tone. More likely than not, he would have been his usual fey, apologetic self and waxed professorially about how evil America is and how justified Muslims are for attacking us, with a sidebar on how good the attacks were because they would humble us.

Honestly, we don’t think President Gore would have been much better that day. The world needed George W. Bush, his bullhorn, and his indominable spirit that day…and we will forever be grateful to this man for that.

As we will always be grateful for what George and Laura Bush did this week, with no media attention, when they very quietly went to Ft. Hood and met personally with the families of the victims of this terrorist attack.

FOR HOURS.

The Bushes went and met privately with these families for HOURS, hugging them, holding them, comforting them.

If there are any of you out there with any connection at all to the Bushes, we implore you to give them our thanks…you tell them that a bunch of gay Hillary guys in Boystown, Chicago were wrong about the Bushes…and are deeply, deeply sorry for any jokes we told about them in the past, any bad thoughts we had about these good, good people.

You may be as surprised by this as we are ourselves, but from this day forward George W. and Laura Bush are now on the same list for us as the Clintons, Geraldine Ferraro, Stephanie Tubbs Jones, and the other political figures we keep in our hearts and never allow anyone to badmouth.

Criticize their policies academically and intelligently and discuss the Bush presidency in historical and political terms…but you mess with the Bushes personally and, from this day forward, you’ll answer to us.

We hope someday to be able to thank George W. and Laura in person for all they’ve done, and continue to do. They didn’t have to head to Ft. Hood. That was not their responsibility.

The Obamas should have done that.

But didn’t.

Wouldn’t.

Thank goodness George W. is still on his watch, with wonderful Laura at his side.

We are blessed as a nation to have these two out there…just as we are blessed to have the Clintons on the job, traveling the world doing the good they do.

And we are blessed to have Dick Cheney, wherever he is, keeping tabs on all that’s going on and speaking out when the current administration does anything too reckless and dangerous.

Cheney’s someone else we villainized and maligned in the past who we were also wrong about. There has never been a Vice President, including Gore, Biden, or Mondale, who was more supportive of gay rights than “Darth Cheney”. There has never been a Vice President more spot-on right about the dangers facing this country from Islamic terrorism.

We live in strange, strange times indeed.

We are now officially committed fans of George W. and Laura Bush. We are fans of Dick Cheney. Our gratitude for them makes us newly protective of them, and the continued role they play in this country.

After the primary battle of 2008, we never thought we’d go back to Texas for anything, but sometime in 2010 we want to find some event in Dallas the Bushes will be at so at least one of us can go up to them, tell them we are deeply sorry for ever thinking ill of them, and thank them from the bottom of our hearts for their service to America.

We’re sure they will just stare at us and wonder why these gay Chicagoans are crying, but we don’t think we can get through a meeting with them without being emotional.

What they did at Ft. Hood for those families humbles us. Every day, the Bushes are most likely doing something just like it behind the scenes.

We hope if any of you encounter them you will let them know this is deeply appreciated beyond partisan lines.

We will never look at the Bushes, the Bush presidencies, or their legacies the same again…and someday when his presidential library is built, we will be so proud to visit there and tell anyone will listen about November 10th, 2009, the day we finally appreciated former President George W. Bush and his wife Laura.

Thank you for your service, Mr. President. We’re sorry we didn’t appreciate you while you were in office, but we thank Heaven we’ve wised up and can see the good you are out there doing, under the radar, today.

I posted this here, because I knew this is where it would end up.

I felt that I would show that it takes a humble person, or group of people, to be able to say they were wrong. I cannot think of any better words that could have been chosen to express their feelings than are posted in this blog post.

The comments that follow the post are amazing as well. A lot of people are waking up and realizing they may have made a mistake, and after posts like this are getting some main stream (not main stream media) attention, I decided I too, would place my neck on the proverbial chopping block.

Just as the poster states in this blog post, you didn't have to vote for Bush/Cheney, or agree with everything they did, but the one thing they did not do was to apologize for America.

Its not about party lines, I hope some get it.

+45 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Is this serious or some kind of ultra-sophisticated humorous post? George W Bush and his lovely wife Laura deserve to be dragged through the streets and beaten by all freedom loving Americans for the hell he put this country through.

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Um, ya, thanks for the neverending wars,
the tax cuts for the rich and the big buddy bailout
that decimated all the wealth we ever had!

They did their part alright....
of ruining the country and making a perfect example
of how clueless, arrogant and indifferent we really are!

Mission accomplished? I'd say so.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Hm Looks serious to me. Seems Obama is losing the backing of the gay community. That's a pretty important news item, IMO. This was a big portion of a vote they depended on, and were probably looking to in the coming elections.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Hm Looks serious to me. Seems Obama is losing the backing of the gay community. That's a pretty important news item, IMO. This was a big portion of a vote they depended on, and were probably looking to in the coming elections.

...yeah the conservative right certainly has it's finger on the pulse of what Gay America is thinking. Probably because they're so tolerant and fair with them...

...and that has what to do with the worst President in history who decimated our economy and engaged our country in pointless wars where young Americans are still being sent home in body bags?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I'm sure there have been more than enough hXc and "controversial" threads for one day. Why don't you lie down, OP, and have a nice beer or something?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Oh, I'm sorry. I guess to be popular, I should have posted a message about how arrogant America is, and how open our borders are, and how we need to embrace the healthcare bill.

Please, people can have an opinion different from yours.

I guess it is ok to not be popular, as long as you defend what you believe in, so kudos to you!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

And what about your choice who promised to bring them home and hasn't? The one who is dragging his feet while our men die, because he is struggling with a decision? (Read: waiting for someone to make it for him so he won't have to take responsibility.)

Is there a war czar? I lost count.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

lampooned as a chimp, a bumbling idiot, and a poor, clumsy public speaker.

That is only because Bush did not use all the speech writers that Obama uses.

Have we really heard Obama speak in public without all the scripted lines and the teleprompter.
Even in the pre election debates he knew in general what was going to be ask before the debate.

Some subject his team rigs so no tough questions are ever asked when he is not prepared.

Have you ever heard him answer any off the cuff question on guns control.
his team makes sure he is never asked.

Bush was a lot more open about talking with the public.

Yes he may have looked like a bumbling idiot, and a poor, clumsy public speaker sometimes, but many trusted that style better then the talking head we have now.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

...So far nothing you've said has connected at all. First you post hilarious (or extremely scary) ramblings on one of the worst politicians in American history. Then you talk about what gay America thinks of Obama (
) and now you're talking about popularity.

...You okay?

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
While reading that blog
I threw up in my mouth a little...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I take it you didn't read the article before the uncontrollable foaming at the mouth started. Try again!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Really? Wow!
I think thats about the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on here before!
Thank you and good luck with your thread.
Postive vibes never hurt no matter how misplaced they may be.
Oh and opinions are like you know what, everyones got one.
Good luck with that popularity thing! Peace to all.
Unless Dubya's in charge that is.....

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

In all honesty, the ability to admit you may be wrong far outweighs the need to be popular. I don't care if I am popular on some website. Matters not to me.

The whole idea of the article is that someone, a group of people, who were admittedly bashing Bush - had a change of heart. What it took to stand up and say that.

To see that party lines don't matter anymore, this isn't about partisanship, it is about defending our country and standing up for it. Why is it ok to have an Apologizer in Chief? It could be *so* many different ways.

I do think the left has underestimated the people of this country, and in case you are wondering, I am not a republican.

Edited for typo

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Yes he may have looked like a bumbling idiot, and a poor, clumsy public speaker sometimes, but many trusted that style better then the talking head we have now.

No wonder!

Boy you said it!
You also just explained why we are ALL really screwed......
you know the divide and conquer thinga jigger?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

you know the divide and conquer thinga jigger?

Exactly! And you have been very vital in this thread in pointing that out perfectly. The exact reason for the post.

People are so caught up in sides, they refuse to stand for what is right and wrong, and what they believe in.

Get off a "side" and stand on your own side. You are falling part and party to the divide and conquer, and proving it.

Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I do think the left has underestimated the people of this country, and in case you are wondering, I am not a republican.

Thanks for the reply and explanation.
As well I am not a democrat.
Must be why they voted for a black man, eh?

It was either him or Mr. bomb, bomb Iran.
Maybe the peeps are getting tired of false flag wars?

To see that party lines don't matter anymore, this isn't about partisanship, it is about defending our country and standing up for it. Why is it ok to have an Apologizer in Chief? It could be *so* many different ways.

I agree.
When you screwed up this bad you need to appologize!

Great point! I see what you are saying now....

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Exactly! And you have been very vital in this thread in pointing that out perfectly. The exact reason for the post.

Coolness! Thanks again!

People are so caught up in sides, they refuse to stand for what is right and wrong, and what they believe in.

Can't argue with that.

Get off a "side" and stand on your own side. You are falling part and party to the divide and conquer, and proving it.

Thanks for the help I think.
Not sure what you are trying to say here,
but it must be another compliment!
I can't help it if I can see through the bs.

Thanks again.

You are very welcome and thank you!
You really are a nice person!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Thank you, now that means a lot to me.
I respect you very much for your reply.

I hope that out of all of this we do see a good option for a president in the coming elections that we can stand behind, but my fear is that it isn't going to happen.

With the way things are going in America today, the changes are coming so fast, I fear that any chance of having someone to actually *make* a change is gone. TPTB have placed their puppets, and splitting this country right down the middle.

People do need to realize that they work for us, and *we* need to stand for what is right and wrong, even if we have to say I am sorry, I made a mistake, but my eyes are open now and I will do better tomorrow.

Thank you again.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I agree and thank YOU very much!
You understand the big picture I see.
I am not trying to be a you know what.
I just get disgusted when I see the country being decimated.
All while (most of) the peeps appear to not see it.
Apparently the big buddy bailouts aren't enough of a clue...
even though they were pushed through by BOTH presidents!
Hey, smoothest transition in history! Nuff said...
Thanks for your understanding.
Its too bad we even have to be talking about this...
what happened to us anyway?
Star for you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join