It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The inevitable "police state" & it's militarisation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The over all picture of this concept is best understood if one has a little familarization. The following quotes, selected from their linked sources, will best reflect the big picture of this threads title.

I hope, seeing how these peices fit together for me, will help add to the big picture you may see. Also, hopefully together, we can complete or see the same puzzle.

Drone Race to a Known Future
Why Military Dreams Fail -- and Why It Doesn't Matter
By Tom Engelhardt

For drone freaks (and these days Washington seems full of them), here's the good news: Drones are hot! Not long ago -- 2006 to be exact -- the Air Force could barely get a few armed unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in the air at once; now, the number is 38; by 2011, it will reputedly be 50, and beyond that, in every sense, the sky's the limit.

Better yet, for the latest generation of armed surveillance drones -- the ones with the chill-you-to-your-bones sci-fi names of Predators and Reapers (as in Grim) -- whole new surveillance capabilities will soon be available. Their newest video system, due to be deployed next year, has been dubbed Gorgon Stare after the creature in Greek mythology whose gaze turned its victims to stone. According to Julian Barnes of the Los Angeles Times, Gorgon Stare will offer a "pilot" back in good ol' Langley, VA, headquarters of the CIA, the ability to "stare" via 12 video feeds (where only one now exists) at a 1.5 mile square area, and then, with Hellfire missiles and bombs, assumedly turn any part of it into rubble. Within the year, that viewing capacity is expected to double to three square miles.

What we're talking about here is the gaze of the gods, updated in corporate labs for the modern American war-fighter -- a gaze that can be focused on whatever runs, walks, crawls, or creeps just about anywhere on the planet 24/7, with an instant ability to blow it away.

The Wonder Weapons Succeed -- at Home

Leading surveillance societies in the EU and the World 2007

The intention behind this project is two-fold. First, we hope to recognize countries in which privacy protection and respect for privacy is nurtured. This is done in the hope that others can learn from their example.

Map of World Police States, in a Surveillance Society.

July 15 2002
The Bush Administration aims to recruit millions of United States citizens as domestic informants in a program likely to alarm civil liberties groups.

A pilot program, described on the government Web site www.citizencorps.gov, is scheduled to start next month in 10 cities, with 1 million informants participating in the first stage. Assuming the program is initiated in the 10 largest US cities, that will be 1 million informants for a total population of almost 24 million, or one in 24 people.

The creation of a US "shadow government", operating in secret, was another Reagan national security initiative.

Eyes in the Sky, looking now at us & why. ~Domestic Spy Sats~
A new intelligence institution to be inaugurated soon by the Bush administration will allow government spying agencies to conduct broad surveillance and reconnaissance inside the United States for the first time.

Domestic Spying, Inc.

The above, is a selection of the things I am and have been tracking. I beleive it to be a threat to our "national security", the security of the people.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen and then ask yourself, What should be the reward of such sacrifices... If ye love wealth better than freedom, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands that feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

The United States of America might be the land, of the free. But, it is, the home of the brave.

It is our country, our nation which was entrusted to us by our forefathers. We the people, are the care takers, and we the people are the only ones who can.

United We Stand, The Rest Is, Not An Option!

Let it be known, those who knew, tried...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
We know IT'S coming. Everything in America is falling apart. We have the tea parties rallying for our rights, but the movement is made fun of. What are we to do? A revolution?? Our govt has WMD's ,how can we stand up to that? People feel it coming but the question is ,what can we do??
How can a people with guns fight the govt when they have microwave weapons,drones,biochemical,control of the medical and food supply?
Anyhow S&F for the info.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

Thank you for asking.
I do not direct the following towards you personally. It is a shotgun blast effect meant more the general American, who needs to get their collective heads out of their collective arses.

You know, that is the same old damn excuse I hear and read repeatedly.
I've come to a conclusion it is a copout, a phrase used by people who are either A truely "ignorant" and do not know better. Or B, used by those too lazy or intentionally being "self ignorant" in order to rationalise for themselves a reason to not try.

I can show you a good place to start.
It's called the beginning, and only contains three documents, two of which are approximately a page each in length. Oh my god need toread...wtf ever.

People spend more time refreshing the f'n pages on their stupid myspace than some thing beneficially constructive. Well, instead of refreshing the same damn pages over again, and re-reading the shi t try spending the time reading two of the three Charters of Freedom which are composed of the "Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights".

I only ask that people make an honest effort to read and try to understand/comprehend the first two. Because the Declaration, is the crawl phase of understanding the awnser to the question you asked.

The US Constitution is the walk phase, if one can read the Declaration, and understand its meaning and context, then the Consitution will or should be clearly understood as well.

The awnser is there, the power and means is there. The authority we have is there. It is not enough to mearly "know" of these charters as assume one now what they mean. Because if you havn't then you can not.

Too mny people, especially these days, like to think "they know", when they have not a f'n clue. The Constitution is a living document yes, but the meaning is not open to interpretation.

It was written with specific and clarified words with one meaning. It is not what ever any one wants it to be. The rights people like to toss around, I have the right to to free speach blah blah blah...

Whent hey don't know what aspect of that freedom allows them to do so. People who have nothing nice to say about the military, need to be grabbed by their throats and have their heads removed from their arses. Because that is where it is at, obviously these people need a hand it seeing the forest for the frigging trees.

For 6 count them SIX years, I have been active on ATS, saying again and again and again year after year the same things. Answering the same questions you asked.

What do I see 99% of the time, lazy self imposed ignorance. From people useing every excuse they can, to not acceot responcibilty for their own ignorance, It seems to me, that some of these fools, because that is what they are, fools, do not want to know the truth or accept it even though it is right in their face.

So, how are we supposed to fix the mess we are in, by knowing what it is your fighting for, exactly with perfect clarity and not under an assumed assumption of what one thinks some thing is.

The government isn't some form of supernatural creature, or a collective of untouchable people who rule by devine prividence, NO!

The government of the United States is made up of a body of people, ELECTED by voters. Yeah, we the people placed the idiots ruining our nation in the seats they have abused.
WHY?!

Why do people bitch about some thing that they are ignorant of, if the elect is not doing what they were elected to do, guess what, we can tell them they are done. It what OUR TAX MONEY pays them to do!

They are our elected representatives. Not appionted owners or slave masters, but it seems that way if you do not understand or comprehend what exactly the Bill of Rights represents.

If we let them violate and abuse the trusted position we allowed then to take, and get away with the same, what are they do do but continue. They got away with it, because people in general are IGNORANT of the Charters.

The federal government gets its authority from the people, we allow the fed to maintain it's authority. The states are the same, their power frm the fed, and local authorites from our states.

Each state has it's own U.S. State Constitution, how many know that?

How can people know better if they don't know the facts, ei are ignorant....

Lazyness, thats how. Self impossed ignorance...

So to sum up the statement of how, make the effort to know, defeat the ignorance of having not read, AND understood the meaning and context of the Charters of Freedom.

Because that, is what the United States really is about. Those words are the words that inspired the people to make a nation out of nothing.

We the people...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Interesting Original post, and in retrospect i think everything you originally pointed out is coming true in a sense. I just wanted to comment to mark this thread for future reading as what you are talking about is critical to the very foundation of the United States of America.

Further, I just wanted to point out a concept highlighted by our good friend Orwell in my much beloved "Animal Farm". They to had a constitution in a sense, but under the guise of Ambiguity and overall vagueness their charter of rights was slowly amended in response to developing issues. Threat of violence and under the intentions of the "Greater good" their community decended into chaos and madness. Food for thought.

Great posts and Important reads

Will comment further when possible.
edit on 31-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: me spell bad

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

The biggest problem in America today is that the majority deserve neither liberty nor safety and it will not change until they do. By then it will be too late!

new topics

top topics

join