It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of 55ft snake shocks China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
www.ananova.com...

Whaaaat? Any ATS'ers wanna look at the photo for doctoring?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
na. look how big the scoop is for the tractor. Classic camera trick. I suppose the tail could be coiled up on the ground for the other 25 feet.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
i have worked on excavators so here is my take on the photo.

I see a 3 foot wide bucket and by the taper on the tail of the snake i would guess the snake to be about 25 foot long.

Without knowing the type of excavator the bucket could go 6 to 8 inches ether way but i still would be close going by standard tooth size on the bucket and number of teeth. (3 inch cutting edge teeth on the bucket about 5 inch spacing between teeth)

Any way the snake would not be 55 foot.

You can not go by judging the size of the people in the photo because the snake is 25+ foot closer to the camera
this would make them twice as large if they were standing next to the snake and not at least twice as far from the camera,
Plus we do not know the millimeter of the lens as that would also throw the prospective off and make the people look further away and make the snake look bigger.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The article said that it was a hoax.
Are you asking if members think the picture is a hoax?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It does look like a real snake but the perspective appears to be forced.

IRM

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by loneoak

Actually, the article claimed it was presumed to be a hoax. There is no evidence supporting either side. There's a difference.

However, I think this is a hoax. It looks like your average Reticulated Python to me. Not to mention, it doesn't even look remotely the size it's claimed to be, but more along the lines of say, 25 feet or less like mentioned before. (Coincidentally the same length of the Reticulated Python)

Yep, it's a Retic folks. And if that doesn't convince you, just look at the patterning and coloration on it. Definitely not a Boa, and definitely not a new species or some kind of giant mutation.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Two things here to add.

If the bucket is only 3 feet wide then the people in the photo are Midgets, yes?

And the article did not say it WAS a hoax, it said...

However, local government officials in Guiping say the story and photograph are almost certainly a hoax as giant boas are not native to the area.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

What bothers me is we can not see the top of the 'crane' where the snake is supposedly hanging from. It bothers be because we can't see what is really holding it. It could be a small snake being held up close to the camera, giving the effect that it looks as though it its larger.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I found this uncropped version just in case you wanted to see it, here it is.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by hhcore]

[edit on 11/12/2009 by hhcore]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
25 or 55, doesn't make a diff to me, if I came across two snakes that big, even if one was dead I would still be running.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I agree. 25 foot is more plausible than a 55ft boa, considering i have seen the supposed largest boa(30ft) and the largest albino boa(25ft) in the world in SD, at reptile gardens. I'm not sure that they are really the largest in the world IMO, that's just what they claim.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

new topics

top topics

join