It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Sneezes 12,000 a day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Girl Sneezes 12,000 a day

www.dailymai l.co.uk

Lauren Johnson is a typical 12-year-old girl - except that she can't stop sneezing.

It is so bad that she sneezes up to 20 times a minute, or 12,000 times a day.

The non-stop sneezing began two weeks ago when Lauren from Virginia in the U.S. caught a cold.

Lauren can't go to school and is even struggling to eat.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Watch the video in the next post. This girl, in my opinion, is so full of it. Her sneezes sound incredibly fake. Every now and then she has a real one, but most of it is her using her mouth to suck in and make a "skeeeef" sound. (we have all done this, you put your tongue on the roof of your mouth, and suck in air on both sides of your mouth, if you have saliva build up, it makes a "kind of sneeze-like" sound

If someone were to sneeze 12,000 a day - i think it'd be pretty obvious that there'd be serious sinus side effects.

And its funny how her sneezes are uncontrollable....according to her, but they NEVER once interrupt her speech. She always sneezes, some how, inbetween speech.

Unbelievable that she was able to make it on TV for this.

www.dailymai l.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Snarf]

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
If its real, that sucks. If its fake, well damn, I call that dedication. Two weeks of purposely doing that? I would have simply given up after 20 minutes.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I would not go as far as saying she is " full of it"

If she is faking it, she is one hell of an actress as I think you would be hard pressed to find a person who would fake something 24/7 for two weeks now.

As it says in the video though, they are not real sneezes, she makes a noise that sounds like a sneeze, through her mouth.

As was proposed in the clip and as I suspected, she may have what is called Tourrets syndrome. I have that, though it is controlled.

When you have it, you have certain tics that you do, Those tics very from person to person, when I was younger, I typically had facial tics.

When you have a tic you get this over whelming feeling that you HAVE do do a certain motion, or make a certain noise, or what have you. It is a bad feeling and the only way to relieve it is to do that tic. As a kid I would be embarrased and try so hard to not do my tic, no matter how miserable it made me feel, but if I went long enough that tic would happen involuntarily.

I no longer need medication for it but I have a VERY MILD case that seems to have died down. Most people who have it, require medicine their whole life.

I would not be at all surprised to find out that what she has is Tourrets...

Any person that thinks she is sneezing 12,00 times a day as some sort of joke, or scam, with all due respect, is not being realistic. I bet she has tourrets. I really do.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

If she is faking it, she is one hell of an actress as I think you would be hard pressed to find a person who would fake something 24/7 for two weeks now.

She says it's happened 24/7. There is no actual proof of this.

Just like the balloon boy - i see this as one big publicity stunt.

Sneezes happened through the sinus cavity. If you plug your nose, you can suppress it. Her sneezes are coming out of her mouth, and only her mouth, there were a few times in the video that she didn't even blink when 'sneezing' (which is impossible on a real sneeze)

I call shenanigans.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I certainly don't think she's faking it. Some of the sneezes sound less than sneeze-like. It's almost like some form of Tourette's or OCD.

Peace

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It doesn't stop her from going to sleep?

I'm not buying it.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Good point, people with Tourette's or OCD's do sleep though. The brain is strange mechanism.

Why on Earth would someone, even a little kid, want to HAVE to keep faking sneezing every five seconds? For attention? I'm just not buying that in this case.

Peace

top topics

join