It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo agents, and all things about them.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Sorry if it sounded as if i was meaning you, i wasn't. Its more of a broad generalisation for all, when you spend enough time here you start to see these terms bandied about far to much and it gets trivial after a while.
I do tend do agree with you aswell, i was just quoting you as a reference.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I think there are disinformation agents on ATS and not just here. I have been lurking here from about 2004/5 on and off and I have grown to recognise the signs of the disinformation agent.

I do not think it would be easier and less expensive to send someone round to kill you or ruin your life when all it takes is a well versed and skilled forum poster to jump on a target and ruin his argument time after time in a forum. This is the cheaper and easier option and all it comes down to is a suspicion that the virtual assassin is a disinformation agent and life moves on. I cannot see such a thing happening after a visitor evacuates someone’s skull with a pistol.

Of course the role of the disinformation agent could be based on a need to know basis and the disinformation agent may never know the truth about what it is he/she is ruining because all that matters is they have just enough information to enable them to smash the reputation, argument or opinion of their target. I do not even think they pick the targets themselves though I would assume they have a certain leeway in that they engage those who are coming to the defence of the original target or they engage others who are espousing similar opinions to the target.

All in all I think the campaigns waged by the disinformation agent is done in a tightly compartmentalised way but I would not be surprised to find agents backing each other up from time to time when the need arises or when the stakes are higher than normal.

I sincerely believe ATS has its share of disinformation agents and I have my list but at the same time I do not care, it all adds to the flavour. They are akin to sharks circling the shoal; you know you are onto something when someone on your list swoops in.

Good thread OP you eyes are wide open, they are here and they have always been here and they follow a similar methodology that they cannot help but fall into. It is this that exposes them and gets them added to a list. Of course I would never accuse anyone of being a disinformation – that would be rude.

Starred and flagged

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

It's laughable that someone (the op) has only been here, what 4 months and already they can spot "disinfo agents". And then make a thread on it.

Whats even more laughable is that there are thousands of conspiracy sites on the Internet, so there are thousands and thousands being paid to spread disinfo? Now that's paranoia.

Of all the conspiracies Ive read on here over the years, considering that most if not all are speculation, coupled with evidence that can't really be proved, i ask what would be the point of having disinfo agents on here or anywhere? They're certainly not needed.

Members here do a better job of distorting the truth with their own honest opinions more than any disinfo agent could ever hope to do.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Disinfo agents, and all things about them.

*sigh*

Maybe a mix of paranoia and intolerance?

Nothing personal... but all this disinfo agent BS is not unlike attaching a scarlet letter to people you really don't even know. The only point of the labeling is to create a pariah... an untouchable so that no matter what they say, their words will immediately be discounted.

In politics, this is standard practice. By tagging someone as a 'L' for Liberal or 'N' for Nazi/Neocon, you've identified your collective enemy so that they become easier targets for attack from others of your partisan grouping.

We can do better than this.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
I have been lurking here from about 2004/5 on and off and I have grown to recognise the signs of the disinformation agent.

Pray tell SmokeJaguar67... what are these 'signs'?

Can you qualify that statement with a definitive list? It really needs to be more than the obvious "They don't agree with me or what I personally believe in" or "They always ask for more proof" rationale. Furthermore, it needs to stand up to scrutiny.

Otherwise your just making the same type of baseless "hot air" statements we see far too often on this forum. Are you up for it?

IRM

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

The “list” consists of those who after much debate refuse to bow down to my opinion – joke

I qualify those on my list as those who refuse to bend at all, refuse to see the others point of view and even to take the others option as in any way worthy of being considered seriously.

I qualify those on my list as those who jump on one piece of a post and never let it go; the intent to dissect it so hard that the rest of the argument of the person they are attacking will come apart as a direct result of the brutal assault.

I qualify those on my list as those who tell me I am retarded because of some reason or other but rarely has anything to do with what I was talking about in the first place.

I do not expect anyone to agree with my opinions but those who not only disagree but wholeheartedly embark upon a campaign of ridicule, pointed remarks like “come on man are you serious?” things of that nature – my suspicions get raised.

I know the majority are not disinformation agents but I assume they are because then I can keep them all in one place, the troll, the close minded and the agent working to an agenda – one list to suit them all.

I pray tell that answers thy question milord?

By the way I never make baseless claims and I am never full of hot air. I might talk a load of hot air at times but my intentions are always sincere (just a FYI).

[edit on 12-11-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

It's laughable that someone (the op) has only been here, what 4 months and already they can spot "disinfo agents". And then make a thread on it.

Whats even more laughable is that there are thousands of conspiracy sites on the Internet, so there are thousands and thousands being paid to spread disinfo? Now that's paranoia.

Of all the conspiracies Ive read on here over the years, considering that most if not all are speculation, coupled with evidence that can't really be proved, i ask what would be the point of having disinfo agents on here or anywhere? They're certainly not needed.

Members here do a better job of distorting the truth with their own honest opinions more than any disinfo agent could ever hope to do.

Quite a lot of assumptions in that post to name a few. Nobody said there were thousands of agents operating here and other conspiracy sites "YOU ASSUME THAT" DONT MAKE YOUR ASSUMPTIONS OTHER PEOPLES FACTS AS IF THEY SAID IT.

What does the time someone has been here got to do with his ability to make observations. DONT JUDGE PEOPLE BY YOUR LIMITATIONS.

There well may be thousands of conspiracy sites on the internet but none as diverse and popular as this. Its quite clear to me that your stance in this issue has nothing to do with a logical debate.

Again the topics on here might be complete fantasy but this forum still attracts a large population of diverse individuals. It would be in the best interest of whoever TPTB are to keep the topics flowing in a manner that comes close but never hits home. A little truth always helps a lie.

Your post is dripping with derision and ridicule, try to stick to the facts and not your opinion like you claim so many people at ATS subscribe to. Yourself included it would seem.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67

I qualify those on my list as those who refuse to bend at all, refuse to see the others point of view and even to take the others option as in any way worthy of being considered seriously.

This is an attitude we see from both sides of the fence (so to speak). If someone wholeheartedly believes in their point of view, not even a bulldozer is going to shift them.

I qualify those on my list as those who jump on one piece of a post and never let it go; the intent to dissect it so hard that the rest of the argument of the person they are attacking will come apart as a direct result of the brutal assault.

Dissecting something to the point of personal satisfaction is not necessarily a bad trait. Perhaps it is needed by some to remove all avenues of doubt? If the data is good and the author resolute, both should stand up to the rigors of such an inquiry. If both are flimsy then it generally falls apart.

I qualify those on my list as those who tell me I am retarded because of some reason or other but rarely has anything to do with what I was talking about in the first place.

Calling someone names is bad form. It signifies a weak argument. If someone does that, then revel in the knowledge that you outwitted them.

I do not expect anyone to agree with my opinions but those who not only disagree but wholeheartedly embark upon a campaign of ridicule, pointed remarks like “come on man are you serious?” things of that nature – my suspicions get raised.

As stated above, forms of ridicule are not fair play. How ever asking someone if they are serious is merely an expression of doubt. Don't take it so personal. Nothing to be suspicious off there.

I know the majority are not disinformation agents but I assume they are because then I can keep them all in one place, the troll, the close minded and the agent working to an agenda – one list to suit them all.

Be careful not to tar everyone with the same brush. You may just overlook an important piece of insight.

I pray tell that answers thy question milord?

Yes my son!

By the way I never make baseless claims and I am never full of hot air.

I never implied you did. I only asked that you rise above that which we see so often on the board... and you did!

IRM

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Quite a lot of assumptions in that post to name a few. Nobody said there were thousands of agents operating here and other conspiracy sites "YOU ASSUME THAT" DONT MAKE YOUR ASSUMPTIONS OTHER PEOPLES FACTS AS IF THEY SAID IT.

Er the assumption was made by the op who said they knew that disinfo agents were on here. I was just arguing against it. Maybe a reread of the OP would help you? And sorry but being here for just 5 months then declaring that agents are on here just seems weird to me. Its as if the OP wants to put the idea in our heads. But when you've been here a couple of years you realise that nothing major ever gets discovered on here anyway. And that's nothing to do with disinfo agents. Its the diversity of the posters that reside here. Debunking/ hoaxing etc.

""What does the time someone has been here got to do with his ability to make observations. DONT JUDGE PEOPLE BY YOUR LIMITATIONS. ""

""There well may be thousands of conspiracy sites on the internet but none as diverse and popular as this. Its quite clear to me that your stance in this issue has nothing to do with a logical debate.""

Maybe none as popular, but the websites are still out there aren't they? So it stands to reason (yours) if they are on ATS, they must be on all conspiracy websites, which there are hundreds of. Anyway, your talking about disinfo agents being on here and I reckon they are'nt. Why is that illogical?

""Again the topics on here might be complete fantasy but this forum still attracts a large population of diverse individuals. It would be in the best interest of whoever TPTB are to keep the topics flowing in a manner that comes close but never hits home. A little truth always helps a lie.""

If that's so, you must be easily swayed by what someone else says on here, you must be very gullible. You've been here a while, that surprises me. Sure, someone can derail a thread, but as for changing my mind? No chance.

""Your post is dripping with derision and ridicule, try to stick to the facts and not your opinion like you claim so many people at ATS subscribe to. Yourself included it would seem. ""

LOL. Facts? What facts? Show evidence that ATS is being monitored by disinfo agents. And seeing that your post is basically a rant about me not respecting peoples opinions, its ironic that you spent most of it attacking mine.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Nice response. I shall have a serf scratch you off my list forthwith sire...

All Joking aside I see the point you make about tarring everyone with the same brush but I think I actually do a good job of assessing those many varied characters in here and I can say even those who shock and upset like a negative thread about heroes for example is to my mind a great example of free speech in a forum.

I will always listen to any point of view and agreeing with it or not is never the issue in my book. My only problem is not with what is said but how it is expressed. In my opinion there is never a need to tear someone apart because of differing views. I see it often on ATS but I just quietly log it and endeavour to make sure I know the attitude and apparent virtual character of that poster so as to keep from being unexpectedly filleted in the future.

I have a disorder called OCD that I have learned to positively channel; therefore list keeping among other things is something I tend to stay on top of basing it on star based system like iTunes.

Of course list keeping on members is just a habit I have carried on from other forums. Then the list was based on weeding out the troll, the attention seeker or the bully. Here I have simply included the disinformation agent because I could point out some behaviours going back years from certain members past and present that raise suspicions but that would not be a decent thing to do. They are always interesting to read anyway.

It all comes down to a sense of judgement that is always going to be personal to the person making the judgement but a habit is a habit and hell to break if that habit serves a useful purpose.

That said I enjoy my list and slowly it gets added to or reduced but one thing I have not done is set anyone to ignore. I have certainly been tempted but the way I see it everyone has an opinion and if I decide to treat someone like they just waggled a tongue in my beer then I probably should not be posting here.

Yes sir I am weird but not in a bad way that would see anyone hurt, I have a thing about being able to look at myself in the mirror.

I am probably paranoid too about things others would not be paranoid about but hand on heart my sense of paranoia has literally saved me several times over the years so I am not complaining.

Regards, good chatting with you!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
THere is no such thing as disinfo agents on this website. This is all in your head, we know nothing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I was going to start a similar thread because of what just happened to me here!

And so this is exactly what Dis information looks like, from my thread;

Pandemic Survival! 35% Food Grade H2O2 Pathogen Killer!

posted on 12-11-2009 @ 03:43 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

Hydrogen peroxide doesn't help, when taken internally. Yes, it will kill pathogens. So will chlorine bleach, but no one says it's a good idea to drink bleach (in case it's not obvious, it's a VERY BAD IDEA to drink bleach).

Oxygen is vital to life, of course. However, molecular oxygen is what winds up creating "free radicals", which is known to cause cancer and other health problems. Consuming (or injecting) hydrogen peroxide is also a VERY BAD IDEA.

signature
All that I know, is that I know nothing - and I barely know that.
-Socrates

My reply,

posted on 12-11-2009 @ 03:54 AM single this post edit"quote"REPLY TO:

reply to post by chiron613

All Data Regarding Safe Usage Is Available through the Links!

You have been subjected to mis information and are trying to spread it here!

Dis info business as usual trying to equate this to a toxic substance so people won't use it and die!

Are you part of the depopulation agenda?

I use it daily and am going to increase dosages now that the biowar has begun!

Do not spread lies!

Your side will lose.

Are you suffering from lack of Oxygen?

Next attack;

posted on 12-11-2009 @ 04:06 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

Originally posted by PaulKCA

I am afraid that you have been subjected to mis information, I use it daily and am going to increase dosages now that the biowar has begun!

Please do not spread untruths! Are you part of the depopulation agenda?

It seems that we can find information on the net to support whatever truth or untruth supports our mindset. I have seen negative reports too on hydrogen peroxide, but it is something I am interested in and researching.
I'm afraid accusations like this just because someone has a different point of view are becoming more common. Mods need to get a grip and ban the people who resort to paranoid accusations as it stifles discussion and devalues the site.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by unicorn1]

My reply;

posted on 12-11-2009 @ 04:16 AM single this post edit"quote"REPLY TO:

reply to post by unicorn1

Unicorn please look objectively at this post.

[Hydrogen peroxide doesn't help,] [when taken internally. Yes, it will kill pathogens.] [So will chlorine bleach, but no one says it's a good idea to drink bleach (in case it's not obvious, it's a VERY BAD IDEA to drink bleach).]

[Oxygen is vital to life, of course.] [However, molecular oxygen is what winds up creating "free radicals", which is known to cause cancer and other health problems. Consuming (or injecting) hydrogen peroxide is also a VERY BAD IDEA.]

Do you see the contradictions? He equates consuming to injecting.

I posted this to help people live! The depopulation has begun! And He knows this will help.!

I am here and open to discussion, please review data before negating content, perhaps you are part of it too, or have you forgotten the premise of this site?
I have presented information so people may choose for themselves!

How does this take anything away from this site?

Next attack,

posted on 12-11-2009 @ 04:31 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

You have been subjected to mis information and are trying to spread it here!

Dis info business as usual trying to equate this to a toxic substance so people won't use it and die!

Are you part of the depopulation agenda?

I use it daily and am going to increase dosages now that the biowar has begun!

Do not spread lies!

Your side will lose.

Are you suffering from lack of Oxygen?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by PaulKCA]

wow, you sound like you've gone off the deep end.

Food Grade Peroxide or not, your going to die if you have a killer virus; don't suggest people go out chugging peroxide.

Your argument makes as much sense as inhaling lysol because it kills viruses, so it has to kill them in your lungs if you inhale right? Stupid argument.

signature
"I am concerned for the security of our great nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within." -- General Douglas MacArthur

My reply;

posted on 12-11-2009 @ 04:41 AM single this post edit"quote"REPLY TO:

reply to post by xstealth

[snip]

I said nothing about Chugging H2O2, I clearly stated according to directions, have you ever read the side effect data of any pharmaceutical?

And I see through your words! BDA!

Removed personal attack

[edit on 12/11/09 by masqua]

At this point I hit the alert button and this post was edited by a mod, the statement that was removed was;

You Sir are a Bootlicking Disinformation Agent!

Then I wrote this;

posted on 12-11-2009 @ 05:25 AM single this post edit"quote"REPLY TO:

Holy Cow, This thread was just attacked by three Disinformation Agents, I am Shaken from the experience, how can any one with a conscience assist these sociopaths in their agenda to depopulate the world through any means especially Biological warfare with agents that make you suffocate on your own bodily fluids? They obviously know that the topic of this post can save lives! Wow just Wow!

Then I went to another thread that I had been posting on and found the most chilling statement yet by none other than one of the ones that had attacked my above referenced thread the thread I am writing of here is;

What if the elite are sane afterall?

Where I found this;

posted on 12-11-2009 @ 03:55 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

What if there's no "elite" in control of things, just some powerful people here and there, all with different agenda and plans and goals? That makes far more sense.

Massive deaths are inevitable, if we don't curtail our population growth. No matter how good we are with farming, etc., there comes a time when the population will exceed the earth's capacity to sustain it. At that point famines and plagues will kill off billions of people, solving our population problem for us.

Our options are limited. We either stop reproducing so irresponsibly, or we increase the death rate enough so that the population stops increasing. Or Nature does it for us. If Nature does it, our population will collapse within a generation or two, likely wiping out most of our species.

We cannot afford the luxury of mindless breeding.

But I don't think there's any coordinated "elite" that is working to reduce the population. Basically I think it's just Mother Nature sending us some warning shots, a few mild plagues before the main event.

signature
All that I know, is that I know nothing - and I barely know that.
-Socrates

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Continued ; My reply;
posted on 12-11-2009 @ 05:35 AM single this post edit"quote"REPLY TO:

This person is a Bootlicking Disinformation Agent working for The Powers That Were! He and two others Just attacked my thread with their Lies, read carefully his words and you will see the agenda behind it!

Originally posted by chiron613
What if there's no "elite" in control of things, just some powerful people here and there, all with different agenda and plans and goals? That makes far more sense.

Massive deaths are inevitable, if we don't curtail our population growth. No matter how good we are with farming, etc., there comes a time when the population will exceed the earth's capacity to sustain it. At that point famines and plagues will kill off billions of people, solving our population problem for us.

Our options are limited. We either stop reproducing so irresponsibly, or we increase the death rate enough so that the population stops increasing. Or Nature does it for us. If Nature does it, our population will collapse within a generation or two, likely wiping out most of our species.

We cannot afford the luxury of mindless breeding.

But I don't think there's any coordinated "elite" that is working to reduce the population. Basically I think it's just Mother Nature sending us some warning shots, a few mild plagues [before the main event].

Please look closely at this persons words especially the last paragraph and precisely what has been highlighted, he has knowledge of and confirms that an event is coming that is beyond the control of the masters he serves.

The content sums up the ideology that has been and is destroying humanity. if you research the truth you will see that our society is already in a population decline curve.

I would also like to point to this statement by this psychopath;

[We either stop reproducing so irresponsibly] Since when has the desire to have children become an invalid option? In truth his whole statement is frightening because he, Believes It!

The words written and posted by this person should serve as a clear representation of what their goal is, and due to current events that it has already begun!

While reading any material if you look at it closely, you will see the agenda and the intelligence behind it.

It is my belief do to the times these events occurred that these individuals are paid to do what they do by whom I cannot say because I don't know.

Thank You for starting this thread. please take the time to go and read the referenced posts and the information here and form your own conclusions.

Good luck to all of you and your families as the Depopulation Has Begun!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I came in this topic to state that there are many disinfo agents on ATS, but I see you already know this yourself.

It's the staff of this site, I'm pretty sure. You see, when you own the biggest conspiracy and paranormal website on the internet, you're going to be getting offers and such. You can either

1) Do the wrong thing which is to hire disinfo agents to spread the false around with the truth on this site(Yes, there are some true conspiracies on this site, believe it or not.
or
2) Do the right thing, which is to tell them to **** off and leave us be, which obviously didn't happen.

Basically anyone you see spreading the absolute "truth", like "The Truth about Reptilians", that's a RED FLASHING BLINKING FLAG WITH SIRENS ATTACHED that the person who posted that is a DISINFO AGENT.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

I would have to agree that is possible, having come to that realization only after what I have posted here and the outlined exchange, I have become concerned for my well being, but concur with a respected individual who said "I Was Dead When I Got Here!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Any One Going To Refute? Anyone?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Oh, and to clarify on my previous post, not all disinfo agents here are hired or are actually agents from a corporation or the government. I'd say a fair percentage are just die-hard skeptics, spreading false information that is obviously not true in an attempt to make believers look stupid and/or silly and deter the masses.

This is very obvious on pretty much every board on all of ATS, and you can see this most often on the conspiracy and aliens and ufos message boards.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Any One Going To Refute? Anyone?

I don't understand what you are talking about nor trying to argue.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

No Deux, That was just a generalization nothing toward you.

As far as the ones that try to argue their point but offer no substantiation, most often the reason is that the material presented represents something outside of the safe little reality they have developed for themselves to live in. It is actual "ignore" "ance".

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well, this is an ongoing sticky soup and one that seems to lack parameters of measurement. How to know? Who do you trust? Those questions seem to me to be ones that might well plant seeds of mistrust, however, that's no sin. I believe the OP is asking valid questions; if they were asking these questions for the EXPRESSED PURPOSE of sowing discontent, then that would be disinformation. I don't believe that is the case.

I think it might be useful to think about how a true, paid or directed disinfo "agent" might act. Would they go to, say the 9/11 forum and argue incessantly with those that call themselves "truthers"? I really don't think so. I think they would be more inclined to pretend to align themselves WITH the "truthers", and then dissemble the continuity of the thread from within -- by misrepresenting and discrediting.

Likewise with the UFO/alien forums. I don't think "they" would be the ones that seemed skeptical or even debunkers. I think they'd be most effective by making the UFO/alien forum a laughingstock -- by introducing fraudulent or rediculous information under the guise of a "believer".

So how does this witchhunt conclude? ARE there classic identifiers? I don't know. Are there paid disinfo agents here? Don't know that either. Most often when I've read on ATS where someone is accused of being a disinfo agent, generally that resonates to me as an attempted brand laid down by someone who doesn't like being disagreed with.

What would be the purpose of having government disinfo people here at ATS? Are we really SO close to closely guarded secrets? I'll tell you something, I don't come to ATS for discovery of deep, national secrets. I come here to exchange ideas with people, to learn, to broaden my views, challenge my paradigms all neatly wrapped up in a website that actually tolerates and welcomes whackamole freaks like me.

I respect ATS/BTS....... could it, would it be held up nationally or globally as containing information that could get somebody killed, or would it be more likely to just be discredited for what it is -- a conspiracy site?

Self-appointed disinfoists? Yep. I'm pretty sure there are those who are SO intolerant of certain types of information that they see it as their duty to dash-and-bash. I've been guilty myself of that -- the (IMO) wild and unsupported Nibiru claims, for example. No more. I can read and see when someone wants to introduce something "new" about Nibiru, and I'll read it with as much of an open mind as I can muster.

AH!!! There's the secret! Why didn't I realize this sooner? Those of you who disagree with me are therefore, sadly, disinfo agents.

Really kind of silly, no?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join