It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo agents, and all things about them.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Let me first say that I have called someone on ATS a disinfo agent. The question should not be that they exist, but rather who is employing them and what they know.

If disinfo agents know what threads to derail, then they must know a whole lot about certain things. Why would a company or government program put people with such knowledge on random websites? This is a huge security threat.

Would disinfo agents know a little about a lot of programs, or would they be looking for threads about a single topic. Do you think disinfo agents are supposed to disrupt everything on certain forums?

What are your thoughts on these creepers?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think I know a few of them on here, but will not mention names, as I am not sure if they just have issues, or if they are actual disinfo agents

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I highly doubt there are paid disinfo agents for that multitude of topics. I just can't imagine an army of them awaiting our every post and thread. I'd love to feel that important, but I have to be realistic here.

There have been some disinfo agents here, there are also bandwagon posters. Maybe if you were more specific about what threads and topics?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

The fact of the matter is that ATS is in the top 200 forums of the friggen internet as far as popularity goes, and the subject matter centralizes around information which is contrary to the government agenda of maintaining a grand illusion based on fear and dis-empowerment of the population. Thus, it is important to marginalize and sidetrack the issues as much as possible, to saturate this board with as much false paradigm as it can possibly hold, until the intelligent ones recognize ATS an insufficient medium of communication and are forced to move on to other avenues of conspiracy discussion. I wouldn't imagine the CIA and other intelligence manipulation bodies do not have some kind of mechanism to directly influence the website, given the nature of their program historically... this is just one more medium of communication exchange, and being in the business of information control, they have a vested interest in affecting it - particularly because the conspiracy theory crowd is one of the most potentially volatile groups, I would imagine, that is out there due to their general mistrust of the government... the strange thing is that here at ATS government trust is on the freekin rise.

The community as a whole seems to be losing its direction under the influence of this bull# injection business, and I fear this sepsis may prove terminal. Some of the best information I've come across has originated from this website, and I will be sorry once it is gone.. but with each day I feel like this site is losing its real punch, the investigation of curiosity, and if this occurs it will fade into utter irrelevancy. In any case! I propose that we institute a negative flag system of some kind or another, to mark out the individuals who enter threads and then proceed to do nothing but derail them and interfere with intelligent discussion in general. This forum could use a healthy bit of balancing skepticism, but only if the commentary is intelligent so that it challenges the paradigms here, and ultimately strengthens them as we strive to increase the quality of our information. Namecalling, sarcasm, and general bull# need to be gone.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by illusionincarnate]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Watching someone post clear distortions (such as saying cap and trade will only cost $100 per household per year when we all KNOW that is a lie) bothers me. They then try to debunk news articles by attacking the "source" from where the media supposedly got the information over and over again. (Just one example). The goal is to try to convince people that "It isn't going to be that bad" regardless of the overwhelming data to the contrary. Particular topics as of late have been all targeted at how at personal freedoms and loss of personal & national sovereignty in exchange for the "Better" centralized structure won't be a bad thing.

Oh, let's not forget about over-population. Now we have half the members of the site actually debating ways to depopulate the planet and a shift to thinking that it is justified... Oh, for those people who think that eradicating the population is a "good" idea... you and your loved ones first.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I really do want to discus this subject but ask you for your definition of a dis info agent so I can start with a smattering of intelligence.

I have an answer for everything so I'm sure I can help out.

I'm just kidding. Only my grandchildren think I have a brain in my head.

Waiting for your defination.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A disinfo "agent" is a hypothetical personality for hire designed to influence an environment of information sharing. Their purpose would be to attempt to marginalize pertinent data or conversations by side tracking them in any way possible, or through the introduction of data which is patently false. They are the water muddiers, well poisoners, the opponents of investigational conversation because they make the whole thing seem like a joke. They would not necessarily be focused on only this web page, but would be responsible for influencing perception regarding certain events throughout the internet.

An example of a movement crippled by disinfo agents is the 9/11 truth movement. Whereas the controlled demolition theory had some sound scientific basis, over time the conception became absurd with the introduction of concepts such as directed energy weapons being involved and things of that nature... you get the idea?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Oh great another one of these threads.

The US government wouldnt waste time and money on employing people to post on conspiracy forums....its much cheaper for them to send someone around to simply shoot you or make you dissapear.

But then again, knowing about two dozen or more people, they will claim that I was paid to type that, even though Im not even in the USA

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by illusionincarnate

How do you tell these disinfo agents apart from people who have a legitimate opposing view? Given the nature of certain posts here it should be obvious that we will come to disagreements concerning a myriad of topics.

I usually try to post some sources for my beliefs, and will state when I am just giving an opinion.

How do we separate these things?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I was certain you were a chemtrail denier and paid by the australian government. That is what has been said.

(this post is in jest, and is just used to illustrate a point)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

um are you sure they dont exist?

sify.com...

Used to be fbi informant? or still currently working is speculation but good speculation

en.wikipedia.org...

proves the idea was out there ... and good ideas never go away

Im just saying the idea was out before and apparently found use today... they are out there

[edit on 11-11-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't know what to call them but there are certain members that never post in any threads other than the ones where they try and debunk a theory.
911 is a perfect example.

I have also noticed a rotation. Some debunkers will work a few days then take a break and pass the baton to someone else only to be back in a fairly short period of time.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
There is utterly no way of discerning who is a disinfo agent and who isn't, which is what makes them so effective! Their existence is guaranteed because, quite frankly, if you were in the position of the CIA, attempting to manipulate the mass perception, the most efficient way to do so would be to hire a few fellows to browse certain sectors of the internet for particular discussions for the purpose of having them influence the nature of the discussion towards a desirable conclusion. Each hypothetical disinfo fellow could have multiple accounts, making this mechanism particularly efficient at creating false paradigm and disrupting intelligent discussion. The CIA already influences newspapers of every shade of opinion in all corners of the United States, why not influence forums of every shade as well? The objective is total information control, don't forget.

And certainly, it would be more cost effective than hired assassins, contrary to what the fellow a few posts up stated.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

I was certain you were a chemtrail denier and paid by the australian government. That is what has been said.

Allegedly

Im actually emplyed by the Bureau of Meteorology to launch weather balloons.....so yes weather is my job....hence the strong opposition to the chemtrail theory.

If people actually looked, they migh actually realise that there are some topics I believe in

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
Let me first say that I have called someone on ATS a disinfo agent.

Calling someone a dis-info agent is the biggest and most transparent strawman used on ATS. Those who revert to name calling in order to discredit often have a weak argument and nothing intelligent to add.

Such statements run on the logical fallacy that if someone doesn't agree with you, if they have a slightly different point of view, or require more evidence, they are automatically dis-info agents. It's actually hilarious and shows poor reasoning... and perhaps a high degree of paranoia.

It also hints at elements of narcissism because it implies that 'you' (plural you) and your information are so important that the government needs to hire spooks to muzzle you.

IRM

[edit on 11/11/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Oh great another one of these threads.

The US government wouldnt waste time and money on employing people to post on conspiracy forums....its much cheaper for them to send someone around to simply shoot you or make you dissapear.

But then again, knowing about two dozen or more people, they will claim that I was paid to type that, even though Im not even in the USA

True, that would be the traditional way to silence people if it were 10 20 or even 200. But given the membership numbers on ATS not to mention the global scale of it, im pretty sure the US government doesnt have the resources to hire 100k plus assassins to take out all the people that think the government or at least certain factions of it are out to destroy or control the world.

Things may not be as dire as some people on here make it out to be, but things are far from rosy as you would seem to believe them to be. Before you ask i come to this conclusion based on your statement that the US wouldnt bother with 5 or 10 people paid to spread dis info on a web page but would rather employ hired assassins to solve a problem. Extreme much???? I think making people with legitimate questions and theories look stupid and irrelevant is a far more effective tool than killing hundreds of people.

Just an observation.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Well what Ive been told from people making allegations, is that they are actually so right, that Ive been ordered to come on and post disinfo. If someone posted something that was to close to the truth, I would assume that the government would pursue other avenues of "silencing" someone...I guess what I said was extreme though.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

obvious disinformationist is obvious.~

Originally posted by Happyfeet
If disinfo agents know what threads to derail, then they must know a whole lot about certain things.
You don't have to know a whole lot about something when your arguments are illogical lies.

Why would a company or government program put people with such knowledge on random websites? This is a huge security threat.
why are you assuming it's "people"?

Would disinfo agents know a little about a lot of programs, or would they be looking for threads about a single topic.
hard to say.

Do you think disinfo agents are supposed to disrupt everything on certain forums?
absolutely.

What are your thoughts on these creepers?

they're like cockroaches, except easier to spot.

[edit on 11/12/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

Allegedly

Im actually emplyed by the Bureau of Meteorology to launch weather balloons.....so yes weather is my job....hence the strong opposition to the chemtrail theory.

If people actually looked, they migh actually realise that there are some topics I believe in

Why would it matter where you are? It's the internet.

You say your are employed by the Bureau of Meteorology? Uh huh.
Which one?
Why would that give you any authority in secret gobmint programs?

Why is it seemingly viewed as wrong to ask the tough questions?
Thats my question!
If people looked into me, they would realize there are many things
on here I dont believe in, even though I actually give everyone alot of leeway to deny ignorance. I try not to insult them with labels thought!
When one continues to insult others and deny ANY and all info posted,
it just looks a little suspicious, doesn't it? Just sayin'.
Not sayin' you have, but I see it everyday on here by some.

Your background is insightfull and helpfull to us and we appreciate it,
but when it comes to the really juicy stuff, your knowledge of this is
limited just like the rest of us. Sorry.
Unless you work for the DOD or CIA, or even the Dept of Disinfo
your knowledge and opinion is no more credible than any of ours is!
Once again, just sayin'. Don't be mad. It just is.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Watching someone post clear distortions (such as saying cap and trade will only cost $100 per household per year when we all KNOW that is a lie) bothers me.

So anyone who disagrees with you or has a contrary opinion is a dis-info agent?

What do dis-info agents actually do?

Do they change the subject of your thread and post non-related nonsense?
Or do they just challenge your premise and ask for documentation?

I don't think the neg flag system is necessary. If we have a problem, can't we take it to mods? Much better to have off-topic comments REMOVED than to just trash up the thread with thumbs down on the post.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join