It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever grooved out really hard on Baphomet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Have you ever venerated the withered, mummified head with a cord around your waist leading to its greasy, matted scalp clotted with ancient withered strands of hair? Have you ever bowed before the Sacred Head?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Nope, can't say that I have.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

um.....
have you?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
reply to post by silent thunder

um.....
have you?

No.

But I was reading a book calledThe Head of God this weekend. The book, although a bit loopy and based more on speculation than fact, posits that the Knights Templar found the head of Christ under Solomon's temple, and this was the secret they used to keep leverage over the church and their most prised posession. As many of you may know, a significant aspect of the accusations against the Templars was that they worshipped or venerated some kind of "head" called "Baphomet." (Not to be confused with the goatlike "Baphomet" drawn by Eliphas Levi some centuries later).

The identity and nature of this head has always provoked conjecture and wild theories. The author posits that it was the mummified head of Christ and that the Templars at the higher levels venerated it in a tradition going back to the Egyptian monotheism of Amenhotep IV. I can't say I believe it, but it was interesting reading to say the least.

top topics

join