It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Savings Withdrawal as a protest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have read from many people about protesting, revolution, national strike ect...but all these have inherent problems.

Many here on ATS are well educated about the Fed and banks being the root of the problem. So, my question is how would a "National Savings Witdrawal" work to protest?

Some pro's:
- It's Legal
- Easy to do
- Exponential (once started everyone would jump in)
- Could be done overtime vs a strike that ends after a week

Some con's
- Could cause a bank holiday
- Could cause a dollar collapse
- Could collapse our economy

Note: This is for theoretical discussion only.

Phil

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Philalethes]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It is accutally a very good idea to show the fed and gov. we are conscious and demand to be heard.

I think banks are only requred to hold 10% of reserves. (Not +)
So if everyone did it or most people did it, the banks wouldn't have enough physical money to give out. run-bank-run

But if there was a set date we were all suppose to do this, the banks would either

-bank holiday us
-go bankrupt
-Not lend out their money days before and have enough physical money to give everybody that does withdrawal their money. Then everyone will need a place to put their money, which the banks will probably use to their advantage. We would probaby see a siege of bank ads proir to the planned date. The banks with the best marketing would gain reserves. Other banks out of the loop or unable to market would lose their reserves.
The big banks could possibly get bigger becuase of this, and i know thats not what we want.

But it would cause some media attention, and atleast cause the bankers to sweat a lttle bit and possibly adhere to our thoughts on their corruption. Maybe wake some people up or get the gov. to pick up the pace.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Philalethes

That would be the perfect time to switch to a 100% cashless society. If your money isn't in the bank at that time then it sucks to be you.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I've already pulled my savings, which wasn't much to begin with. I'd imagine if many people did this home invasions would skyrocket...not that a 12gauge couldn't fix that problem though

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Philalethes

The problem is that you would have to keep your savings secure after you make your withdrawl . Perhaps you and a few trusted friends could start a non for profit bank or something along those lines that serves the community and not commercial interests . If you don't run the risk of undermining your point to much at least you would have a practical aspect to your plan .

Cheers xpert11

top topics

join