Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

H1N1 Virus Can Be Killed by Acidic Ozone Water

page: 1
2

log in

join

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Scientists have found that acidic ozone water can deactivate H1N1 viruses very effectively, offering a promising disinfectant for the millions of people trying to avoid the disease. Acidic ozone water (AOW) is made from regular tap water mixed with a small amount of acid such as hydrochloric acid, along with an ozonized gas that can be produced in the lab. After deactivating the virus, the substance eventually decays into plain water, leaving no residue or harmful materials in the environment.


src

Not a chemist by any stretch but I think ingesting hydrochloric acid is probably not a wise step. Sure its diluted but still. On one hand imagine if this story has some truth, nice cheap solution for a global pandemic. Just take a glass of special water and your off to the races. On the other hand the clinical trials might take a while


brill




posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
That reminds me about an article i stumbled on a few days ago. Stating acid in the blood stream is part of the immune systems defense. And to combat more serious threats one just needs to add more hypochlorous acid to the blood stream.

But you will never guess where this guy gets his ingredients from.....the swimming pool store in the pool shock isle


jimhumble.biz...

It would take a lot of research before i ever ingested pool shock.



posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by brill
 



I'm pretty sure that "disinfectant" is the key word here. I.e., a substance much like the ubiquitous alcohol gels and other environmental agents we use to kill the wee beasties in our homes, hospitals, etc. The reason this is exciting is that it is cheap to produce, apparently has no effect on animals cells (having forgotten to wash off Hydrogen peroxide once after a procedure, I can assure you NOT all are kind to our skin!), and most importantly, after application it degrades into nothing more than water. Thereby causing far less harm to our environment than leaving alcohol or other toxic substances about.

Thanks for the info!



posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
This is for using as a disinfectant, not for swallowing.

Don't drink it.



posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
This is for using as a disinfectant, not for swallowing.

Don't drink it.


my bad, your completely right

brill



posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Not a chemist by any stretch but I think ingesting hydrochloric acid is probably not a wise step. Sure its diluted but still. On one hand imagine if this story has some truth, nice cheap solution for a global pandemic. Just take a glass of special water and your off to the races. On the other hand the clinical trials might take a while
brill


This is important information, but you definitely do NOT want to ingest hydrochloric acid. The acidic ozone water is meant to be used as a disinfectant to deactivate the virus. You certainly don't want to drink a disinfectant.

From what I read in the article, it sounds like disinfecting with acidic ozone water would be a fairly inexpensive but effective way to render the virus useless. I was searching online this morning to see if use of AOW might be happening now or anytime soon to no avail. I'll keep searching though.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by cornblossom]



posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I firmly believe in ozone therapy and have done alot of reading into this and have built a ozone generator myself which I might say on a scale of 1-10 of difficulty, it sits at about a 2. Very easy to construct.

Doing a quick search for everybody interested in ozone therapy, I found this-

www.oxygenhealingtherapies.com...


At the higher range of concentration (three and a half to five per cent ozone in one/oxygen mixture) ozone exhibits a strong germicidal effect by oxidative destruction. The oxidative power of ozone has proven to be effective in destroying lipid-enveloped viruses such as Epstein Barr, herpes, cytomegalovirus and viruses that cause hepatitis. One recent study indicates that ozone treatment was 97 to 100 per cent effective in destroying HIV in vitro.(Journal of American Society of Hematology, October 1, 1992)



This site is informative but pretty much just gives the 'barebone groceries' on the subject.

Some interesting facts though that I've come across on my past research into this subject-

-Ever notice how you feel more invigorated or alive after a rain storm? That's because of the air being O2 rich caused by ozone created from the lightening. Ozone (O1) is a very powerful oxidizer which breaks down organic matter quite quickly but is also very unstable and wants to return to its normal state of being oxygen (O2) so its half life of O1 is only about 30 seconds. Although the above website says it's longer, it doesn't go into how Ozone can be more stablized through physical means.

As far as the HCL being added to the ozonated water, as it states, it is a very weak acid level. HCL is swimming pool acid used to breakdown the calcium shell that is holding the clorine molecule being that CL is a gas, not a solid. (calcium hypoclorite= pool clorine). Nuetral ph is about a 7.0 with anything less than 7.0 being acidic(down to 1) and over being alkalyd (up to 12).
You know when your eyes burn sometimes when your in a swimming pool? Most people thick that it's too much CL in the water but that's not the case, remenber CL is a gas, you smell it. The burning sensation is from too much acid in the water reacting with the water in your eyes. This can occur with as little of a ph drop as 6.8.

pH Level


pH level measures the acidity of foods on a scale ranging from 1 (most acidic) to 14 (most weakly acidic, or very basic). Water, with a pH of 7, is neutral. Most soft drinks weigh in with a pH level between 2.0-4.0, so 3.4 is a fair estimate for Coke. Foods with a comparable approximate pH value include most fruits (oranges, cherries, apples, blueberries, etc), wine, chili sauce, and horseradish, to name a few.


Now as the OP states using a slight acidic ozone solution, I don't see where any benefit would come from.

**edit** Also if anybody is interested in how I made a very cheap and effective 'O1 generator', you're more than welcomed to U2U me.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by geo1066]





new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join