It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Billy" Meier UFO Debunked! - 11/11/09

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The Billy Meier UFO subject has been kept alive for a long time (too long). Recently, more fuel has been put on the fire on different websites. They claim the photos are genuine. I will show you they are genuinely HOAXED.

I have never publicly announced my opinion on this subject.... until today. I will help you see that Billy Meier is a HOAXER, and I will show you the mundane reality of the UFO he created.

First I will show you the main pictures in question:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/226c542da018.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b396e632897.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27c103d937ae.png[/atsimg]

If you look at picture #1 and you are mechanically inclined, and have worked on vehicle engines before, you will clearly see a engine crankshaft pulley. The groves on the outer edge are standard grooves for a fan/alternator rubber belt.

Here are quick examples:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87fc4c143148.png[/atsimg]

There are many different style engine pulleys, but I am sure with good research skills combined with the time frame of the original images and information about "Billy" Meier's vehicles that he might have owned, you could probably find the exact make of the pulley.

To further convince you that the UFO is a crankshaft pulley, focus on picture #2. On the bottom outer edge you can see markings much like a measuring tape, or ruler. Those markings are timing marks. Timing marks are used with a timing gun (strobe light) to adjust the engines timing, and are found on crankshaft pulleys. On some pulleys they are printed, and other pulleys they are machine etched.

Examples of timing marks on pulleys:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a33bb996a6d.png[/atsimg]

I will now explain other parts of the fake UFO. If you take a close look at picture #3 you can see a few other recognizable things (recognizable to me at least). On the top of the "UFO" you can find a vehicle exhaust gasket. this is a knitted wire mesh gasket most commonly used between flanges of vehicle exhausts.

Examples of wire exhaust gaskets:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2757c1960a78.png[/atsimg]

Also, on image #3 and #1 you can see metal spheres. These metal (chromed) sphere are neodymium sphere magnets. You can buy these chrome sphere magnets in bulk at many online stores, and or in other magnet retailers. the come in many different sizes.

Examples of sphere magnets:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57450505d1f2.png[/atsimg]

Conclusion:

It is my opinion that the entire UFO is made of a combination of car parts, and magnets, and also dressed up with other small details. Naturally, since all these parts are made of metal, the magnets hold the parts together quite nicely into one group.

The images in question are real images of the object that have been forced into a perspective that, to some, make it look like a larger object. However because of the unnatural look of the perspective, and depth of field effect of the focus, the entire image looks completely faked. With a trained eye, you can tell these are small objects forced to look large with camera tricks of illusion.

I believe "Billy" Meier is a fraud, and has fooled many with this hoax that is made of car parts and magnets. Any other so called "evidence" from this person or this case should be dismissed as also hoaxed, manipulated, made up, and fake.

UFOlogist should take caution with people like "Billy" Meier, and they should immediately destroy their reputation and anyone who supports them before they sucker more people into believing lies and deceit.

Look out for the great deceivers.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There was a big (and controversial) thread a while ago where a lot of good evidence was posted to debunk Billy Meyer (if I'm not mistaken it was the thread that caused John Lear's conflict with ATS or at least at the same time).

I tried searching for it but I am awful with the search machine.

Maybe another member can point to it. I am sure you'd find the info there interesting.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
No one claims to fake saucers cause everyone assumes fakes.
However the start of the controversy may have been around a real sighting.
After that and the initial attention anything else was show business.
Most likely helped out by agents of the technology holders.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
For me I don't even have to wrap my mind too much around the (I'd say obviously crafted) UFOs - the famous "lazer gun" and "pterodactyl" pictures tell me all I need to know about Billy.

Edit to add:

... and the alien sketches that turned out to made after magazine photos of models... and the UFO models found on his house... and the analysis of photos showing there were strings suspending his UFOs... etc. etc.

For the people that believe Billy Meyer - it is all good -
when you believe you believe but don't try to convince me. Your belief does not need me.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
The Billy Meier UFO subject has been kept alive for a long time (too long). Recently, more fuel has been put on the fire on different websites. They claim the photos are genuine. I will show you they are genuinely HOAXED.
[snipped]

Welcome to the club! Did you know that if you go to google.com and enter - "Billy" Meier hoaxer - you'll get 166,000 results! If you change the search terms there'll be more or less results. I doubt that you can show us anything new.

So far, out of all of the websites dedicated to showing how Meier hoaxed, this is about the best one. Visit it:
www.thebiggestsecret.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Don't you love how the top or bottom are nerver completely shown. shows that he needed to support them somehow. Also, how'd he get so close? another flaw.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
well ... I want proofs that this billy really took this pictures because

you know it could be some kind of disinfo agent trying to post fake photos like it was took by this guy

I am just saying ... do u guys have 100% sure that he did took this pictures clearly fakes

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

you know it could be some kind of disinfo agent trying to post fake photos like it was took by this guy

I am just saying ... do u guys have 100% sure that he did took this pictures clearly fakes

Billy Meyer and Michael Horn (his authorized representative in America) never claimed otherwise to my knowledge. Same goes for all the rest that was eventually debunked. (to my knowledge)

EDIT to add: jritzman was I believe the ATS member that put more work into analysing Billy Meyer's evidence. He would really know best.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Well they look quite similar to his other fakes, so probably

The guys been debunked so many times ovr and over again. He does a whole disservice to the entire UFO community by claiming this stuff is real. Yet some of us refuse to look logically at his claims

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I believe Billy Meier did have an encounter -- similar to Joseph Smith.

I personally think the same evolved beings contacted both of these men.

I think because Billy couldn't keep his mouth shut - - so they moved on.

To prove his encounter/experience - - he then created fake proof.

Take it from there.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As an employer this is a GREAT thing
to add to my interview sessions. I'll do an inkblot style test using these horrible hoax photos. Ask the prospective new hire what they see, if they say "it a real UFO" I'll send them on their way. How anyone could believe those images are the real thing completely blows my mind!

[edit on 11-11-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
He does a whole disservice to the entire UFO community by claiming this stuff is real. Yet some of us refuse to look logically at his claims

The sad part is that even to this day on any given UFO conference as evidence and testimonies are being presented to you and you're starting to get interested... BAM! A Billy Meyer slide comes up. Really ruins the mood.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Good work Ai0!

I believe your right with the pulleys and timing marks!

Then we have the dinosaur photo, rayguns, tin foil space suits, semjase photo, the wedding cake, pieces falling off the models... the list goes on... yet people still defend ol' one armed Billy. Remember, it's his one arm that is proof for many that it must have been aliens!

Fantasy is a powerful drug. It never cease to amaze me how people will happily cash in all credibility, intelligence and logic to buy into it.

IRM :shk:

[edit on 11/11/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

LOL

Thats is hilarious!!!!

"Fake proof".....

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The guys been debunked so many times ovr and over again. He does a whole disservice to the entire UFO community by claiming this stuff is real. Yet some of us refuse to look logically at his claims

I really dont know who he is, I really dont care .. I just find strange a guy would take so many fake pictures and claim it to be alien

or the guy is dumb/mental disorders or we have something else happenning .. I am just saying .. u guys are the ones that worked on him and take your time creating threads about him, so, u guys that should do the research before creating a thread with yet another debunking pics, at least showing that he really took the pictures ...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

LOL

Thats is hilarious!!!!

"Fake proof".....

Why is it funny?

Perfectly believable and logical to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I am just saying .. u guys are the ones that worked on him and take your time creating threads about him, so, u guys that should do the research before creating a thread with yet another debunking pics, at least showing that he really took the pictures ...

They are Meier's pictures mate! So why all the fuss? As you say, you know nothing about him so please do your own research before posting from a position of ignorance.

IRM

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I really dont know who he is, I really dont care .. I just find strange a guy would take so many fake pictures and claim it to be alien

or the guy is dumb/mental disorders or we have something else happenning .. I am just saying .. u guys are the ones that worked on him and take your time creating threads about him, so, u guys that should do the research before creating a thread with yet another debunking pics, at least showing that he really took the pictures ...

Those are his pictures - he claims he took them. He also claims that he travelled back in time with the help of his alien friends and as proof presented a photo of a pterodactyl that turned out to be from a known children's dinosaur book, etc.. These aren't our claims - these are the pictures he published and stood/stands by.

Some people in the world are just liars. No big news there.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
I believe "Billy" Meier is a fraud, and has fooled many with this hoax that is made of car parts and magnets. Any other so called "evidence" from this person or this case should be dismissed as also hoaxed, manipulated, made up, and fake.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by ALLis0NE]

thats sounds like it could be but why dont you put it together,take pictures with a 35 mm like his and compare them.if you get a match then you can say you debunked it.

trimmed Big Quote

Please read Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

[edit on 11/11/09 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigoapex

why dont you put it together,take pictures with a 35 mm like his and compare them.if you get a match then you can say you debunked it.

Jritzman actually went to that trouble once and the answer his work got from the people that believe Meyer's work was - "just because you can reproduce it it does not mean the original isn't real" - so you can probably see how pointless this argument is.

If you're willing to look at Billy's evidence and believe it that is fine - your choice and I'll respect it - but I don't think that after this particular subject has been debunked so much there's anything that will make you believe otherwise.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join