It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antimatter Lightning Discovered (On Earth!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I think something like this would fall under the same category as Teslas stuff. If they cant put a meter on it they wont be harnessing it for anything.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

lol would that just end up blowing up the atmophear

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well this is really something. I've been doing a lot of my own studying, about Time and Motion... but this... this is really and truly something. I mean I hadn't even really fathomed the idea of anti-electrons (how they know it's electrons? could be anti-neutrons, couldn't it? or anti-photons? ... heck, could even be anti-kaons and anti-muons and anti-gluons... though its doubtful, but in a process like that - anything goes, as far as I know)... this is really something and I can't wait to see the paper (when it will be published... for public viewing? anyone know?) that will be written on it

this has some pretty interesting ramifications, not only for harnessing energy but to literally observe such a phenomena, so close to home ... man, this is the stuff of Einsteins dreams!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Just incredible.

Anti Gravity and now anti matter.

Am I living in a comic book world?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So the 17 detected gamma ray burst occured from regular thunder and lightning storms on Earth nice! Deteccted in several of these thunder and lightning storms was some anti matter, understood. Wonder if the ancients figured this out and found ways to harness it with some copper based devices. If the ancients were able to identify which storms produced this form of anti matter they colud of been doing some serios SPACE TRAVEL. Nice informative thread s&f

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Just incredible.

Anti Gravity and now anti matter.

Am I living in a comic book world?

Nope, my friend we are advancing.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
we always hear that Hollywood has a lot of truths embedded in their movies, well, i wonder if Spielberg was on to something when he had aliens implanted into our planet via lightning bolts in the War of the Worlds remake...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
we always hear that Hollywood has a lot of truths embedded in their movies, well, i wonder if Spielberg was on to something when he had aliens implanted into our planet via lightning bolts in the War of the Worlds remake...

Do NOT say shiz like that...scares the crap out of me.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i wonder how we came up with all this. i mean, we can't see an atom yet we can see things that apparently don't exist. interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well we know free-roaming antimatter can't peacefully co-exist with its opposite on this world made of standard matter so perhaps we're discovering something fundamental about the nature of matter and, more importantly, the sub-atomic particles that can form either matter or antimatter. Maybe it comes down to a 50/50 shot as to whether matter or antimatter is formed after an elementary particle is smashed in an extremely high energy event like the plasma surrounding an intense lightning discharge.

Cyclotrons have confirmed the production of antimatter in particle collisions (matter) - LHC may do it even better. It's long been theorised that entire galaxies of antimatter may exist out there and they represent which polarity matter was in greatest abundance when they were formed.

We keep getting reminders of how little we really know

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
i wonder how we came up with all this. i mean, we can't see an atom yet we can see things that apparently don't exist. interesting.

Well, to be honest, once you read the article - it's not outright PROOF of anti-matter... however, it says these lightning bolts 'create enough gamma ray energy that is only known to come from anti-matter colliding with matter'

not quite the same, you see, but it's 'just as good'. Anti-matter to me is still one of those quirky things about physics. Actually, I read somewhere (source: "About Time" by Paul Davies) that anti-matter is essentially the same as real matter, in that you couldn't tell the difference between one and the other, however, the way that 'matter' is supposedly created is so that an electron is, so to speak, 'zig zagging' through time. This is a hard concept to explain without a graph (and i only have them on paper, i do not know much of internet sites though it can be found obviously) but if you assume the y axis to be 'time' and the x axis to be space, electrons are moving up and down, to the right, so as it is moving through space, it is going backwards in time, then forwards, then backwards, then forwards again...

One spike is considered 'matter' and the other spike is considered 'anti matter'... So, to me - this is still the stuff of fiction. Undoubtedly, this is still a fascinating discovery - it has been proposed that a very great amount of energy indeed is involved in matter/anti-matter collisions, where electrons are transformed back into their original state of photons, so this is still no small matter - but to outright say 'anti matter lightning' may be a bit bold - and a bit assumptuous.

I hope you guys do your own research on this... very fascinating.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Amazing discovery S&F I found this web site that tracks lightening world wide.
Link www.wwlln.net...

Truly amazing.

This kind of reminds me of the movie Back to the Future with Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson in 1985.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by toddtenexpa]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Perhaps this explains a lightning explosion the night before last here in Vancouver.

MASSIVE blast of thunder, at the same time as a bolt of light bright enough to cut through my eyelids as I am asleep goes off. House shook like a bomb went off above it.

But no other strikes. No other thunder. Just this singular, massive, thunderous blast. Roomate from Texas was shaken, had never seen anything like it.

Myself, I thought they had nuked the city or something. It was bizarre.

Last week in El Cajon CA, I and another bus passenger saw a BLUE streak of forked lightning coming from the ocean's thermal layer! One strike, no apparent impact, no thunder, and I know it was close because it wasn't sheet lightning, as well as there were stars in the sky above the layer.

All I said to the other guy (real cool guy, we chatted afterward), "I just saw lightning.", his response? "Yeah I saw it."

That's all. Blue lightning from a thermal layer and a clear upper layer of atmosphere, one additional witness, and no photographic evidence.

No photographic evidence and the skeptics just walk away, even one photo and they swarm like flies to you-know-what. Yay, for pseudo skeptics!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sacrosanct

Well, to be honest, once you read the article - it's not outright PROOF of anti-matter... however, it says these lightning bolts 'create enough gamma ray energy that is only known to come from anti-matter colliding with matter'

not quite the same, you see, but it's 'just as good'. Anti-matter to me is still one of those quirky things about physics. Actually, I read somewhere (source: "About Time" by Paul Davies) that anti-matter is essentially the same as real matter, in that you couldn't tell the difference between one and the other, however, the way that 'matter' is supposedly created is so that an electron is, so to speak, 'zig zagging' through time. This is a hard concept to explain without a graph (and i only have them on paper, i do not know much of internet sites though it can be found obviously) but if you assume the y axis to be 'time' and the x axis to be space, electrons are moving up and down, to the right, so as it is moving through space, it is going backwards in time, then forwards, then backwards, then forwards again...

One spike is considered 'matter' and the other spike is considered 'anti matter'... So, to me - this is still the stuff of fiction. Undoubtedly, this is still a fascinating discovery - it has been proposed that a very great amount of energy indeed is involved in matter/anti-matter collisions, where electrons are transformed back into their original state of photons, so this is still no small matter - but to outright say 'anti matter lightning' may be a bit bold - and a bit assumptuous.

I hope you guys do your own research on this... very fascinating.

understood. what i am trying to get at is: regarding atoms, we can't visually see them but through a magical process we can make out their structure, this in itself is questionable. then there's anti-matter, it's like having a clue and claiming to have the answer.

time traveling and the speed of light. electricity travel at the speed of light, so if this is true, those electrons inside those wires are actual time travelers?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Wow....could something be changing on a quantum level here or is this something that has always occurred here? Could it be something relatively new?

It said something about antimatter or anti electrons having to 'appear' for this to happen. Isnt anti mater everywhere? Is it shifting more for some reason and we are seeing the result? What if this started happening alot? If the poles started to shift, is this something we would see more of? Am I confusing anti mater with anti electron? Are they the same thing...mater is electrons...oh someone pls help explain.

Correct me if wrong, Im going on memory in the article...the person that observed these was from Alabama...does anyone know if the lightning occurred in Alabama? Alabama had a gravity wave in March of this year that was bizarre, Einstein said a gravity would be a shifting in time space and space time.

My mind is rambling...I cant help the questions...someone set me straight please

Great stuff S&F of course!
LV

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

understood. what i am trying to get at is: regarding atoms, we can't visually see them but through a magical process we can make out their structure, this in itself is questionable. then there's anti-matter, it's like having a clue and claiming to have the answer.

time traveling and the speed of light. electricity travel at the speed of light, so if this is true, those electrons inside those wires are actual time travelers?

I'm not sure if there are indeed microscopes strong enough to view atoms themselves, there probably are - electron microscopes might be able to. However, you don't necessarily need to SEE them per se, with your eyes, as there are instruments which can detect the movement of singular electrons and photons, which allow us to be fairly certain of their existance. However, I fully, 100% agree with you, science is absolutely not as infallible as it's made out to be! You are so right in thinking this way - it really is a shame when people have set in their minds that science has the answers, when really, science DOESN'T have the answers - instead, it's got the questions! People often try and use science to 'disregard' religion - but it's not right to do so! Under ANY circumstance! People are quick to forget that a lot of theoretical physics in which we base a great deal of our assumptions of the Universe on is just that - theoretical. Certainly doesn't answer things like "Well, if god created the universe, who created god!" or "well, if the big bang created all matter, what created the big bang!"... of course there are theories which say that god created time along with m atter/big bang created time along with matter but that's a whole different ball game. I appreciate your thinking, in any case.

And you are right - indeed, electrons have been hypothesized to be 'travelling through time' per se. Here's a little anecdote to remember:

There once was a young lady named Bright
She travelled much faster than light
She went out one day, in a relative way
and returned on the previous night!

So you can see, this young lady bright, travelled faster than light - but she returned before she left! That's the whole idea behind 'travelling faster than light' is that you would get to where you're going before you got there, and so you'd return before you'd left! Electrons do this, so they 'zig zag' through time, as i explained. I can't say for certain that they time travel, but all the research i've done seems to indicate so - I'm not a mathematician or a physicist, so I don't really know WHY it does that - but it seems to be the premise behind matter/anti-matter.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Wow....could something be changing on a quantum level here or is this something that has always occurred here? Could it be something relatively new?

It said something about antimatter or anti electrons having to 'appear' for this to happen. Isnt anti mater everywhere? Is it shifting more for some reason and we are seeing the result? What if this started happening alot? If the poles started to shift, is this something we would see more of? Am I confusing anti mater with anti electron? Are they the same thing...mater is electrons...oh someone pls help explain.

Correct me if wrong, Im going on memory in the article...the person that observed these was from Alabama...does anyone know if the lightning occurred in Alabama? Alabama had a gravity wave in March of this year that was bizarre, Einstein said a gravity would be a shifting in time space and space time.

My mind is rambling...I cant help the questions...someone set me straight please

Great stuff S&F of course!
LV

Could be somethings happening on a quantum level - though I myself, have been as of late trying to convince myself that quantum mechanics is hog wash. There must have been a reason for Einstein to think so - and there is at least one other physicist who disagreed with the chaotic nature of quantum physics. David Bohm - suggested that there must be some sort of intrinsic order within all that chaos - maybe not an order that we can understand right now, but definitely an order somehwere, hidden like a puzzle for life to solve.

Yes, an anti-electron is essentially the same thing as anti-matter. but anti-matter can also be anti-protons, and anti-neutrons and anti-strangelets. Whatever matter you have - there is an anti of it. Theoretically speaking, that is.

I do not understand - Einstein said that gravity would shift in time space and space time? What exactly do you mean by that? As far as I know - time-space is the same thing as space-time (correct me if i'm wrong - i am not a physicist - i feel i must state this because im starting to feel as if i'm talking like an authority on this subject, which i am most definitely not)... gravity is affected by motion and mass - and time is affected by gravity, so it's not wrong, really, because the faster one moves, the stronger the effect of gravity, and so time (to an external observer) appears to be going 'slower' for you (although to you it's going at the same speed it always was)...

the theory of relativity is a whole different thing here.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
earlier on in the year i saw a huge red flash of lightning followed by two blue ones.. the colours were so strong and bright then the thunder came and it was way to loud.. could be this?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That's interesting.
Makes me wonder on the occassions where I've seen lightning so intense that after the lightning hit the ground there was still residue from the lightning bolt in the air.

kinda looked like there was some leftover plasma still in the air that took a second or two to dissapate.

sorta looked like molten lava splashing around but in the sky.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So is this why the most powerful God of all the pantheon the master of lighting Zeus was pictured with such a mythical power?
He should have been able to handle antimatter?

If yes, how did they knew this?

Or are these things much more simple to understand and we are just taking the long way around with our current state of scientific research?

Literally this Gods name meant the combiner, the consolidator, the joiner. Matter and Antimatter?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by spacebot]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join