It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah dismisses Obama pledges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The leader of Lebanon's mainly Shia movement Hezbollah says US President Barack Obama's promise to engage with Muslims has proved to be false.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Of course.....

Terrorists don't want peace....

They want to kill and steal.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Who are the Terrorists, exactly?

Hezbollah are only viewed as "terrorists" by a handful of Western nations, the usual suspects who are pally with Israel.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hizbollah does take care of orphaned children-

I can't imagine how anyone could support a group so cowardly as to use children as soldiers.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Just the same as being cadets in the West? Not once has there been any claim that hezbollah use children as active combatants. They are actually a pretty professional outfit.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
By West, you mean England? Cadets in the US are at least 17 years old, not 12-14 like the Hezbollah recruits.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

You mean the cowardly terrorists that hide behind civilians ?

You mean the cowardly terrorists that have children's films glorifying suicide bombing and how great it is to be one?

You mean the terrorists that started two devastating wars for Lebanon.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Okay, if that doesn't suit you... to paraphrase mrmonsoon... the "Peace loving pacifistic pro-hugs and kisses we-do-no-wrong leadership of the Palestinians" ... only want to steal and kill.

Of course they're going to lambast Obama... or any other Western leader that even acts like they want to do something about the Middle East. Those Western leaders don't want Israel wiped off the map. Thus, there can be no negotiation.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What a surprise, Iran's puppet has spoken harsh words against Obama..... what a surprise!!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Really? Excuse me if I don't believe you! Because the US Navy Sea Cadets are open for anyone aged 11-17. The US Army Cadet Corps is for people aged 12-18

In the UK, the cadet forces are for people aged 12-18 also.

How is this different?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

I think you're confusing Hamas and Hezbollah, but then it wouldn't be the first time you've done that.

Seems you're also suffering from selective memory. The first Israeli-Lebanese war had nothing to do with Hezbollah.

In fact, it is the reason Hezbollah was created, as a militia to defend against israeli aggression because they lacked a functioning Government at the time do do so for them.

The Second War, I recall quite clearly from the beggining, was an Israeli patrol that was ambushed on the Lebanese side of the border.

The story was quickly changed from the intial reports, but thats like the BBC report about a WTC building collapsing before it actually did; try finding a video of that these days.

No doubt you believe the official line that hezbollah launched rockets before Israel responded, even though that happened after Israel started bombing Lebanon.

reply to post by Legion2112

Don't recall Hezbollah ever stating they want Israel destroyed. They exist only to "protect" Lebanon. They might have Iranian backing, but they don't seek the destruction of Israel whatsoever. In fact, israel will negotiate with them directly and they are usually productive talks.

It seems that the usual crowd of misinformed FOX watchers is out again, confusing all the various groups in the ME with each other and talking out of their backsides.

Next you'll be claiming that Hezbollah carry out suicide bombings, like the Beirut barracks that killed the US marines? Can't wait for that one.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

They usually don't either a) strap bombs to the cadet's chests, or b) hand them an AK-47 and send them front and center to face the IDF.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

And I can't wait for more propaganda-driven denial!

Second line... (sorry mods)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Hezbollah don't do suicide attacks and there is NO EVIDENCE they send children to the front... If they did, thats even worse for IDF by getting their arses handed to them by kids

And you have the gall to claim I am propoganda driven? Who's, exactly? I think you need to look in the mirror, as everything you've said is not backed up by any facts whatsoever.

I bet you do believe that Hezbollah did the Beirut barracks bombing, don't you?

[edit on 11/11/09 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The Naval Sea Cadet program is like summer camp. Hizbolla's child army are trained to kill and hate, akin to the child armies in Africa. I can't help it if you don't see the difference.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

So, none of the below qualifies as military training then?

# AIRMAN TRAINING (BASIC & ADVANCED)
# AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL TRAINING
# FAA GROUND SCHOOL
# CULINARY ARTS TRAINING
# MEDICAL TRAINING (GENERAL, FIELD, SURGICAL & DENTAL TECH)
# FIREFIGHTING TRAINING
# PHOTO JOURNALISM TRAINING
# CEREMONIAL GUARD
# SUBMARINE SEMINAR
# MARKSMANSHIP TRAINING
# CONSTRUCTION BATTALION (SEABEE) TRAINING (BASIC & ADVANCED)
# MINE WAREFARE OPERATIONS TRAINING
# MUSIC SCHOOL
# SEAL TEAM TRAINING
# EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL TRAINING
# AMPHIBIOUS TRAINING
# PETTY OFFICER LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
# MASTER-AT-ARMS TRAINING (MILITARY POLICE/LAW)
# JUDGE ADVOCATED GENERAL (JAG) TRAINING
# SAILING SCHOOL
# SCUBA SCHOOL
# SEAMANSHIP TRAINING
# SHIPBOARD TRAINING

Listen, I used to be a cadet here in the UK and I can tell you that you get trained to be a young soldier. It sets you up pretty well for when you finally decide to join the regulars. Passing it off as a "summer camp" is a bit wishy-washy!

new topics

top topics

join