It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to make something clear.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is more of a reminder, than an interactive post.

I see a lot of people assuming others do the same as they do. Nobody can blame you. The truth is, your reality is so strong, you almost believe everyone else is living the same one.

This is why you say, "Why can't they see?"

Now, we all have our opinions based on our reality, and what we do and don't see.

The trick is not to put opinon based information into your right and wrong ideologies.

For example:

Clean your room. Most of us are familiar with this one. This is an example of opinion based information. Cleaning your room is something people think needs to be done, just like cleaning your house and lawn, so on, so forth. this is just a standard made up by somebody thinking it would be a good idea to get rid of dirt.

Get your diploma. This one, is a larger example. Your diploma is something completely physiological, and will only help you if you give it the power (thought) to.

Obey the law. Once again, just somebodies opinion on right and wrong.

I guess what i am saying, is instead of jumping to conclusions and thinking everyone has some of the same traits as you because its most likely, start assuming other people have nothing in common with you.

Not only will this stop some stereo typing, but it will also allow you to listen to that persons experiences with more intent, and knowing that you have had nothing like it before, because you know their perspective was different than yours, so you will perceive it differently.

This is why you look back on things and learn lessons now, rather than then.

All in all, its time we up the standards of responsibility and morality. Allowing for an easier flow of information, and an easier way to understand that information.

Thank you.

Peace and love,

Brandon.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Always being in the company of those who think like you do keeps you from growing.
My 2 cents not the gospel

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tricky63

Very wise words, thank you!

I had never looked at it like that before, makes sense!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
That is why the ages old saying, "Harm none and do what you will." Is such an appropriate rule to live by, it allows you to experience life as you choose to, without some other persons or societal limitation being placed upon "you" as a sovereign individual, and of course that is also what makes it so scary for those that need to be told what to do because then they would have to take responsibility for there own life and actions. And it is downright frightening for those that need to control others to feel important!

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Balance09]

new topics

top topics

join