It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey ATS…Any ideas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Take a look at the photo below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5135f69ec69e.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice how the hour hand does not line up on the hour when the minute hand is at 12. Basically the hour hand is 30 minutes off. I have taken the watch to a number of watch repair outlets and none have been able to offer an explanation. One in fact said that he had never seen anything like it in his 20 years of experience. I seem to be at a road block with getting any insight through the normal channels so…

I went to a local metaphysics shop where I know the owner. I was told she would speak with some of the practitioners and see what she could find out. I have since spoken to her…

With ATS having what I feel are some very informed people it thought I would be a good idea to put this out there and see what kind of insight anyone may be able to offer… and if it is similar to what has been suggested to me.

Anyone with comments?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I dont understand. Whats so strange about a clock being off?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

It's a quartz watch, never been opened other than for a new battery. No watchmaker has been able to explain "how" the hour hand could be 30 minutes out when the the minute hand is at the top of the hour unless it was taken apart.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Its off so you cant fix it, its at the hour minute, but the hour hand is in the middle, suggesting it is 30 after.

I think the gears, if it runs on gears, are a little wrong.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's just sloppy assembly that quality control should have spotted.

I've seen it a number of times. Usually on watches made in China.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wakinup13

Couldnt it be just a badly made watch?
Error is part of the human nature.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have had this watch for a few years. Japanese movement, always keeps great time. NEVER had a problem. If there was shoddy workmanship you would have thought that it would have shown up a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Nice looking watch
Wound to tight just like my wife.
Pss
Hey Mista
Wanna buy a watch?

[edit on 11-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Please, put your watch away and don't look at it again.

Do not discuss this situation with anyone else.

What you have seen is a scientific absurdity that our government does not want known.

It appears we have lost a half hour of the time that really does not exist.

If this gets out to the general public there will be chaos at all doctors and other professional service providers as some watches are correctly showing the lost time while others are not.

Definitely do not inform the airlines. They are having a hard time now with lost pilots and a drunk pilot was noticed yesterday.

Unless you want to be responsible for mass chaos all over the world you will keep this discovery to yourself.

Oh, when you put the watch away please wrap it securely in tinfoil.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Wow! thanks for the brilliant insight. I would never have guessed.

I'll be sure to get right on that

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am elated to see this post!
I have a Lorus Quartz watch from Disney that my wife bought for me several years ago. It keeps perfect time with the exception of when I work. I am a finish carpenter and if you are aware of the position, everything has to have been done yesterday. With that said, I do bust @$$ with what I do, my wife says I go into "turbo" mode when I start working. Now, every time I have worn this watch at work, it is usually 3-4 hours ahead of time.........any ideas on this one? It has perplexed me for years and the only thing that I have been able to come up with is a transference of body temperature.?????

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
First blush response would be that the movement was not meant for that particular face.

Second would be an idea to see if the movement could be rotated in the case, to line correctly.

new topics

top topics

join