It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who have served ... you're not all heroes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Gotta hand it to th OP, says what he wants and hides.
He doesn't have a clue about how he got the freedom to say what he wants, but by God, he knows how to use it.
Good for him. Ignorance at its zenith.
Maybe, in accordance with the OP, I may start a thread concerning why people who have not a clue should be kept quiet.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
reply to post by Ulala

S&F for you Ulala

I could not have said it better myself..

To use that word 'hero' on any military personnel today is a disgrace...the word I use is' terrorist.''

Mate, I'm going to show restaint here, please read this:

Acting Sergeant Michael Lockett MC killed in Afghanistan

The Ministry of Defence confirms that Acting Sergeant Michael Lockett MC, of 2nd Battalion the Mercian Regiment (Worcesters and Foresters) was killed in Afghanistan on Monday 21 September 2009.

Acting Sergeant Lockett was on a dismounted patrol near Patrol Base SANDFORD in the Gereshk district of Helmand province when an explosion detonated, killing him before he could be extracted to hospital.

Acting Sergeant Michael Lockett, from Monifieth in Angus, joined 1st Battalion the Worcester and Sherwood Foresters Regiment (1 WFR) in Tidworth in 1996. The WFR became 2nd Battalion the Mercian Regiment (Worcesters and Foresters) in 2007.

Sergeant Lockett took part in every operational deployment and exercise the Battalion undertook; he served in Bosnia and Northern Ireland, and in 2009 he returned for his third tour of Afghanistan.

At Garmsir in 2007, as Platoon Sergeant in A (Grenadier) Company he displayed selfless commitment and unshakable bravery fighting and leading his Platoon to rescue wounded comrades trapped in a Taleban ambush. For his actions that night he received one of the nation's highest awards for gallantry, The Military Cross.

I don't know you, but I think I can safely say this man was a hero, regardless of what YOU say.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I served in Northern Ireland twice, Bosnia once (when it was a killing ground), and your sentiments are pretty much on par with my own. That was why I responded to your post as a way of a nod.

Take it easy

To the OP, you should have more respect and appreciation for the vets. The vets know the nature of the game and as such it will be the vets who pull the lever on the elites when the time comes you mark my words.

link   
reply to post by HotSauce

i feel the same as the OP,and we dont live in iraq.. we live in america where our troops should be,not fighting a war based on lies... but if you can be suckered into a scam like the one we are in... you need to be there.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I think that you could have picked another day to say this,

That was my first thought, takes balls.

[edit on 053030p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Nice little article on some people "respecting" vets, past and present:

news.sympatico.ctv.ca... cenotaph_vandalized_091110

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Ulala

To use that word 'hero' on any military personnel today is a disgrace...the word I use is' terrorist.''

You're an absolute disgrace to your own country....you have so much disrespect for human life.

Like I said on that other thread, I hope if war breaks out on US soil, i hope that all this negativity directed at soldiers forces them to simply leave you to defend yourself. If it wasnt for these guys you might have ended up speaking Japanese or German

By the way, I think that Fred Phelps and his god hates fags/ and god hates soldiers cult has an opening.

[edit on 11/11/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by kiwifoot

I think that you could have picked another day to say this, I respect your right to have an opinion. You may be right in some regards.

That was my first thought, takes balls.

If the OP had taken part in the discussion, I would have respected him more.

I invite him to, I've posted things that have been damn unpopular, but the thing to do is defend your position, explain your post, maybe learn and grow.

I have no problem with people having opinions that i disagree with, happens all the time, but stand up and face the music man.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Another thing, you do realize the military does much more around the world then just fighting, don't you?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Also, it was rememberance day for Australia yesterday, so thanks OP your timing is impecable if it was your aim to upset people

Any one wanting to leave respects for fallen Australian troops:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

ANZAC Day.

No one can top that ceremony.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
We can be thankfull for one thing, when this world turns ugly and the fight comes to them they are to limp wristed to fight back. When did the rest of europe turn into france? Are their any men left in the house or did they all get fixed somewhere along the line?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

I could not have said it better myself..

I was wondering when you'd show your face here. You're always good for a "I hate the US military" comment. Of course, you usually tuck your tail and run away afterwards, too.

What a gutless coward.

I suppose at least he posted, I see the OP has 7 flags and a whole lot of stars, but hardly anyone has the guts to post support.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
We can be thankfull for one thing, when this world turns ugly and the fight comes to them they are to limp wristed to fight back. When did the rest of europe turn into france? Are their any men left in the house or did they all get fixed somewhere along the line?

No, I dont think so

I just think that they didnt want to get caught up into this war. Which is fine, but it still doesnt mean that the soldiers of countries actually participating should be showered with disrespect

link   

link   
Without going into personal details, there are two men dear to me in this life that are both veterans. Neither one has ever called himself a hero. But I will.

One to this day has nightmares and wakes up screaming in the night from the terrors. He will never live down what he saw. The fact that he functions in society is a testament to his strength. You know nothing of this.

The other did not serve in battle arena, but he could have, he was very close. He would have had he been asked too.

Both of them have a family tradition of serving dating back generations. They considered it their duty to serve for those that could not as did their family before them.

I can't even fathom why they believe this, but I am thankful for them.

Anyone who will go to war to defend their countries beliefs not knowing if they will return or ever see their family again is a hero. Your words can not take that from them. The fact that you make this trolling thread is to me a testament to all they fought for, and despite your original purpose you have only solidified that their actions were just.

Please continue to believe what you wish, it only declares the valor of all who gave you that right.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Guys, please don't entertain this person. It's a waste of time and a trap to spread further negativity in the world not to mention a desperate hope to have a long thread of his own. I don't usually say things like this, but the intention of this thread is too obvious to ignore. The OP's post is a huge maturity 'fail' as some like to say--especially given the intentional timing. It serves no purpose other than trying to hurt people, and there's nothing progressive or enlightening about that.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My agreement with what the OP conveys here just isn't enough to deter my personal condemnation of this thread. Op do you really think this is
good timing? Surly the lay away plan would have been wise.
no star no flag and no cookie either.
Isn't this trolling?
Not to derail or anything. Hopefully

[edit on 11-11-2009 by randyvs]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join