It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 847, the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2009 & UK MSM report on Cancer Deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hi ATS, now I know this issue is nothing new. However I feel that whenever first responders and their continuing health problems is in the MSM, we need to make sure as many people as possible are made aware!

9/11's delayed legacy: cancer for many of the rescue workers (the Guardian)

A spate of recent deaths of New York police and fire officers who took part in the emergency operation at Ground Zero after the 9/11 attacks has heightened fears that it could be the start of a delayed epidemic of cancer-related illness.

Five firefighters and police officers, all of whom were involved in the rescue and clear-up at the site of the collapsed Twin Towers, have died of cancer in the past three months, the oldest being 44. Three died last month within a four-day period.

Those three were Robert Grossman, a Harlem-based police officer who spent several weeks at the emergency site and died of a brain tumour aged 41; fellow police officer Cory Diaz, 37; and firefighter Richard Mannetta, 44.

In addition, John McNamara, a 44-year-old firefighter, died in September; and Renee Dunbar, a police officer in her late 30s, died in August.

The longer the US government drags their feet on this issue, the less of these brave people there will be left.

The article says that there is an effort under way to push through legislation creating a federal fund to assist first responders.

I think Stephen Grossman, says it best in the article:

"They spent that, but they don't have a dime for people who volunteered after 9/11 and ended up giving their lives for their country."

When referring to the governments "cash for clunkers" initiative that cost $3 Billion.

Very true Mr Grossman.

Here is a link to some info on the bill being put before Congress:

OpenCongress

Official Summary

2/4/2009--Introduced.James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2009 - Amends the Public Health Service Act to establish within the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health the World Trade Center Health Program (WTC program) to provide:
(1) medical monitoring and treatment benefits to eligible emergency responders and recovery and cleanup workers who responded to the World Trade Center terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001; and
(2) initial health evaluation, monitoring, and treatment benefits to residents and other building occupants and area workers who were directly impacted and adversely affected by such attacks. Requires the WTC program administrator to:

I will keep track of this Bill for ATS, and any news relating to its progress will be posted here!

Regardless of your opinions about 911, the fact that the first responders did their duty bravely, are getting sick due to exposure to toxins on 911 and are not receiving adequate support, is undeniable.

The 9/11 Police Aid Foundation - The Finest Helping the Finest

I'm having trouble finding an FDNY link to a similar site, but when I do I'll post it!

Peace, Kiwifoot.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is my biggest problem.

Why not just have an investigation on these person's half. I wondered, if you asked how many first responders wanted a new investigation, how many would say yes!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirPatrickHenry
This is my biggest problem.

Why not just have an investigation on these person's half. I wondered, if you asked how many first responders wanted a new investigation, how many would say yes!

I always thought that if the bill was passed, the chances of a first responder receiving help would be predicated on that person giving up all calls for another investigation or other litigation.

I don't know how this cold be worded so as not top draw attention to the fact they don't want there to be another investigation but I'm sure it will be in the fine print somewhere!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It will be nice if this actually gets past congress but,despite all the pretty speeches about these heroes they want them to die off the less first responders there are the less questions asked.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
It will be nice if this actually gets past congress but,despite all the pretty speeches about these heroes they want them to die off the less first responders there are the less questions asked.

Yep, for sure. The less there are, the less it will cost, the fewer dissenting voices there will be.

I will update this thread like I said, IF/WHEN (fingers crossed) it is passed.

top topics

join