It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion on the insurance paying side of healthcare debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thanks you for the memory line, yes I remember when I was growing up that health care was free and small town clinics were everywhere run and pay by the government.

Like you said somebody decided that it was a waste of money when that money could go into the hands of some corrupted CEO of some insurance company. Then found out how corrupted politicians are and with all that money they are able to buy themselves some political whores in congress to pass their chosen bills against the consumers in the nation, while they are fattening their pockets.

thanks.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
so...all these people that say they do not have insurance because they cannot afford it are lying. and all the people that have had relatives die prematurely due to insurance companies cutting off the payments are lying. and all the people that have had to sell their homes to pay for a family members medical bills, because the insurance costs for a pre-exiting condition was prohibitive, they were lying.
please someone tell me how a person making 9 dollars an hour can afford to pay health insurance, along with all living expenses required.
i think you all should take out a #2 pencil and a piece of paper, and start adding all this up, depending on where you live it's not pretty.
do you honestly think that elected officials want to take on insurance companies, to hold countless hearings, to have people yell and curse at them, to be called names, just to satisfy some lazy americans, who can't get off their @ss to buy health insurance?????
what's wrong with you people? why don't you spend as much time reading and listening to people who have had a relative die, have went bankrupt, have been put thru the meat grinder dealing with health insurance or the lack of it. instead you listen to people on radio, tv, that are millionaires or close to it who don't have a thing to worry about regarding their own health insurance.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
in the 1980s i tried to get health insurance.
i was in good health and at that time i had no pre existing conditions.

i was quoted one price at the office and it was not bad but then the insurance company found out i was a Vietnam veteran.
then the head billing office sent be a new quote that was over twice what i had this was right after it started to come out about agent orange in Vietnam.

I understand many of the service men coming back from the wars going on now are being quoted higher rates then people that have never been in the service.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join